PDA

View Full Version : cant map mixture lever with CH yoke

freedspeak
04-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Just recieved my new CH yoke USB. Love it and everything works great except the mixture control. PF wont accept the lever assignment. I can assign any keys or buttons for mixture but not the lever. I got the prop lever working because there's a prop pitch assignment in the hotas section but not mixture.

The mixture lever shows up in the control panel and responds as it should. It's calibrated correctly.

Any ideas,
thanks.

freedspeak
04-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Just recieved my new CH yoke USB. Love it and everything works great except the mixture control. PF wont accept the lever assignment. I can assign any keys or buttons for mixture but not the lever. I got the prop lever working because there's a prop pitch assignment in the hotas section but not mixture.

The mixture lever shows up in the control panel and responds as it should. It's calibrated correctly.

Any ideas,
thanks.

Akronnick
04-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Use the Ch control manager software to have the controller send the apropriate keys to the game when you move the lever.

Tully__
04-06-2005, 02:39 AM
There is no axis assignment for mixture available in the game, Akronnick's suggestion is the only way to get it to work in this game.

freedspeak
04-06-2005, 07:10 AM
There is no assignment for the mixture in the hotas section, but there are assignments for "increase mixture" and "decrease mixture" in the engine controls section. Why wouldn't these work?

Tully__
04-06-2005, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by freedspeak:
There is no assignment for the mixture in the hotas section, but there are assignments for "increase mixture" and "decrease mixture" in the engine controls section. Why wouldn't these work? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because they are intended only for keyboard or DXbutton assignments. You can assign keystrokes to those commands then set up your mixture lever so that it sends the corresponding keystrokes in appropriate parts of its range of motion, but you cant directly assign the axis to mixture control, it is simply not supported in the game.