PDA

View Full Version : Semi-OT: Is it a Felony Or Misdemeaner to Kill Operators of Leaf Blowers?

horseback
03-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm serious! Can't play my current campaigns, even with headphones...The noisy SOB has been working outside my window all day since before 8AM-I can't hear myself think, much less hear the audible cues that tell me I'm on the edge of a stall, I've been crashing and burning all day.

If it's a felony, I'll just rough him up, kick over his gas can and puncture his tank, but if it's only a misdemeaner here in CA and the fine is reasonable, I'm gonna kill him!

cheers

horseback

horseback
03-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm serious! Can't play my current campaigns, even with headphones...The noisy SOB has been working outside my window all day since before 8AM-I can't hear myself think, much less hear the audible cues that tell me I'm on the edge of a stall, I've been crashing and burning all day.

If it's a felony, I'll just rough him up, kick over his gas can and puncture his tank, but if it's only a misdemeaner here in CA and the fine is reasonable, I'm gonna kill him!

cheers

horseback

heywooood
03-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Simpsons did a funny episode about that tool...

Something called a 'Yard-A-Pult'

You just put your old, unwanted items...like the ol' TV set or refridgerator into the yard-a-pult...and launch it into Flanderses's yard.

Basically the same approach to cleanup.
Dont kill the guy....'educate' him...show him how to use a broom...and then show him where to stow it when he is finished sweeping.

Weather_Man
03-12-2005, 04:13 PM
As a former landscaper, I just gotta snicker. GET OVER IT. Go shopping or something. He's got work to do while you sit on your ****.

boxmike
03-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Just hit the magnetos and ignite and blow back with yer airscrew. When he's wondering about it, take off and have a strafing round.
Or go shoppin or sumpin' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

- box

civildog
03-12-2005, 04:56 PM
He can't hear jack, and neither can anyone else in the area so try this: if you have at least a .22 rifle or pistol, duct tape a 2 liter coke bottle to the end of the barrel and then shoot a couple of holes in his engine. The bottle will be good for one or two relatively "un gun-like" sounding shots and it'll bring "peace in your time".

Monty_Thrud
03-12-2005, 05:03 PM
This is why we need the REAL sound of Warbirds ..ingame,...nobody would come near your house with the sound of a P51 armed and angry

horseback
03-12-2005, 05:08 PM
To clarify for Mr. Landscaper, I put in a 60 hour week Mon-Fri, and this is California in a very wet winter: There Are NO Leaves on the Ground!

It's gotta be justifiable homicide...

cheers

horseback

Cadet_Bobo
03-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Felony I think.

Hiriyu
03-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Agreed. Leaf blowers are the bane of my existance, especially at 7:00am on Saturday mornings. Anyone found operating one should be summarily executed - no exceptions.

Me, I'd just use a rake...

heywooood
03-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Hmmm..I guess a clarification is needed...

Is he using the leafblower as the wrong tool for raking leaves?...or the wrong tool for sweeping sidewalks?....I have assaulted both kinds.

In addition to being totally obnoxious as a device, they also have the bonus of being relatively ineffective and they emit toxic waste as a byproduct.

Red_Storm
03-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Said the people sitting on their a$$ playing computergames all day to the people who work to keep the streets clean for us.

Wilburnator
03-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I'd love to see you and your rake in the middle of a 60 acre condo complex full of leaves. You wouldn't be getting yelled at for making noise, you'd be getting yelled at for getting nothing done, lol.

Everybody wants stuff done, but nobody wants to deal with somebody actually doing it.

horseback
03-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Wlbur and Red,

Been there and done that. In Arizona. In the Summer. With a rake, gathering eucalyptus bark & leaves in a park twice the size of this complex and getting it raked, bagged and dumped in under 6 hours.

As pointed out earlier, there ARE NO LEAVES! As near as any of the people in my complex can determine, the point is to make noise and give the appearance of getting something done (and just coincidentally, annoy the Gringos on a weekend).

Anyway, the guy left around an hour ago. Apartment manager raised hell with him(after several tenants raised hell with her), because the complex is supposed to get this 'work' done Tuesdays and Thursdays, instead of on weekends when the kids want to play outside and people want to be able to open their windows.

cheers

horseback

RedDeth
03-12-2005, 07:00 PM
i live in CA too . every wed morning they come with tons o leaf blowers. they blow gigantic dust clouds and screw up your car once a week. you have to take your care to the car wash after as it is caked with ****. like clockwork.

and if anyone wants to sleep in forget about it.

and i have plants in my front area in a little fenced in area. half of them either get blown over or the dirt gets half blown out of my pots. if im around i tell em to not do my area but they dont speak good english and they always use the blowers at max power i think is the prob.

and the worst part is the next morning there is just as much leaves and junk on ground . no kidding.

the only difference is the grass is cut.

LEAF BLOWERS are completely useless kr@p.

and if it was a neighbor i would sabotage his house. period.

LEXX_Luthor
03-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Learn your airplane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif ... and your Stall Shake.

I don't even have sound set up on my computer, never bothered, and I never http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif stall...unless I want to.

I JAM stereo while playing over the FB/PF, it helps me relax during the dogfight, woof woof. ....and No Sound may save a few fps (I probably saved several million fp's since I started playing the FB).

knightflyte
03-12-2005, 09:17 PM
A leaf blower?!!!!!!! Get over it!...I've got a snowblower blowing and there doesn't seem like there's going to be an end to the snow or the snow blowing any time soon. :P

You ever notice that the leafblower's noise itself isn't too bad. It's the harmonic tone that SHRILLY pierces your eardrum till it bleeds that's the killer?

So I'd call it self defense.

woofiedog
03-12-2005, 10:43 PM
horseback... Leaf Blowers Drove Him to New Zealand.

Yesterday I heard one of those virus horror stories that vindicates all the seemingly silly security measures I impose on my own computer use and that of the few clients who listen to me when I say, €œI don€t care how funny it€s supposed to be. Don€t open the ****ed attachment.€ This fellow was laid low by more than a thousand instances of the Netsky worm on his system. I don€t know if it really had to be done or not, but he wound up having his hard drive reformatted. He called me because he now wants a level of protection best described as a WMD.

Wednesday evening during Movie Night I examined M.L.€s system with an ad and spyware scanner to undo all the stuff her grandkids did to the machine during spring break. I found about 163 instances of lurking little registry entries and scripts which actually wasn€t so bad since I found thousands on a client€s system last week. Both users were being driven to acts of desktop violence by relentless pop-up ads.

At least once and sometimes two and three times a day I have to ban IP addresses, delete comments, and rebuild the blog to get rid of spam. It€s everything from member enhancement to slumber inducement, allergy medications, stuff to help you lose weight, and things to make you not worry and be happy. The cumulative designation for these comments is €œ****€ and if any of you spam merchants are reading this, stay the hell off my website.

The same garbage hits the server belonging to the small hosting company in which I have an interest. About two weeks ago we installed a filtering system that was blocking more than 2,000 messages a day but then the same customers who complained about the junk mail started getting worried they were missing legitimate and possibly revenue generating messages and *****ed until we opened the flood gates again.

Yesterday I picked up last week€s issue of Time and read an article entitled €œJust Too Loud,€ in which the author Jeffrey Kluger interviews Ted Rueter, head of the advocacy group Noise Free America, who claims to be considering moving to New Zealand because of leaf blowers. It seems there are 90 million of those despicable devices in America. €œEverywhere has turned into leaf blower hell,€ Rueter says.

The article then goes on to detail all the noise with which we are bombarded on a daily basis. I was especially attuned to this information since I have hyper-acute hearing and am unable to tune out the noises other people can ignore. Booming car stereos, leaf blowers, weed eaters, and the ilk make me absolutely crazy. I wasn€t surprised that prolonged exposure to noise not only damages hearing but raises blood pressure, can lead to heart disease, and is responsible for stress and depression. I have lived next to apartment apes whose consistent output of noise made me feel as if I were trapped and subjected to relentless torture.

Then E.L. came by to visit R. and me and told us about a documentary she and her husband watched earlier in the week about a whale and porpoise beaching. The incident happened in waters where the navy was conducting a massive sonar exercise. When autopsies were performed on the dead animals it was discovered that they had suffered brain hemorrhages. The poor creatures had essentially committed suicide to get out of the water where the sound waves were bombarding them to the point of madness. I felt like crying I had such sympathy for their suffering and desperation.

All these separate events have left me pondering how much we are hit every day by things we simply do not want and that complicate our lives in small ways that add up to big damage. From malicious computer viruses designed by cyber terrorists, to inconsiderate morons in cars who wrongly assume that I want to listen to the noise pollution they call music, to yard men who are too lazy to pick up a rake, it feels as if we are under constant attack.

In my mental collection of song lyrics there are a few lines from a number called, €œNew Cut Road€ about a Kentucky fiddle player named Coleman Bonner that go like this: €œColeman's daddy he pulled up in the yard, He said pack up your lives kids it's gettin' too hard. Kentucky's alright but there's too many people, Well just the other day I thought I saw a church steeple.€ Unfortunately, unlike the Bonners we can€t move west €" or north, south, or east €" to get away from all these things. They are a regrettable fact of modern life.

A scene from the old Richard Chamberlain mini-series adaptation of Shogun comes inevitably to my mind. Chamberlain sits in a tub of water taking a nice soak when a very pretty Japanese woman comes in, drops her robe, and gets in the tub as well. After a few seconds she asks him if he€s shocked and he sort of burbles something in that guy-who-just-saw-a-pretty-naked-woman kind of way. She gently explains that in order to survive the incredible crowding in their small island nation the Japanese have evolved a different sense of privacy that comes from within not from without.

I don€t see Americans doing that. I see us getting angrier, giving in to instances of road rage, taking more high blood pressure medicine, going deaf younger, and getting more rude. I have finally driven off most of the telemarketers who were still getting through the Texas No-Call system and reaching us but even I wince at some of the things I€ve said to them to get them to quit calling. Even a mouthy sort like me values civility but I have a great deal of trouble sparing it for people who are invading my private time in my own home uninvited.

Some readers will smile to themselves and say, €œThere goes Rana being a misanthrope again,€ but each of these things touching my consciousness one after another in rapid succession has made me ponder the relentless assaults on our personal space. I made a donation to Noise Free America €" I don€t make donations lightly. I think the statistic in the Time article that really got me is that one noisy motorbike driving through Paris at night has the potential to wake up 200,000 people. My Mother wouldn€t let me play the piano on our breezeway after 9 o€clock for fear of disturbing the neighbors.

More than once I€ve had a huffy apartment ape living next door yell at me at one in the morning that he or she has a €œright€ to play music at any chosen volume. Many have gotten to discuss this philosophical stand with the police. This is why I will do my ****edest never to live in an apartment again. But in our defense of €œrights€ when did we throw out human consideration? And while we€re talking about rights, I€m pretty sure those whales and porpoises have a natural right to swim in the oceans of the world without being driven to madness by man-made noise. I€d go find a quiet place to think about all this, but I€m not sure I can find one

Link: http://www.ranablog.com/archives/000768.php

VF-29_Sandman
03-12-2005, 11:14 PM
i'd say...if u can find this dude, wait till he puts it away, then snip the gas line heheheheee http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Blackdog5555
03-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Just yell. Senor... no bueno...es mucho loudo, Alto , Alto...then call immingration, and then homeland security. I cant believe people support gas leaf blowers. You cant have loud exhaust but its ok to have an un muffled gas leaf blower next to your bedroom window at 6:00am. i used to live in southern Cal., I KNOW!!

>>I HATE GAS LEAF BLOWERS...

>>BTW I LOVE LEAVES...

WTE_Ibis
03-13-2005, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woofiedog:
horseback... Leaf Blowers Drove Him to New Zealand.

Yesterday I heard one of those virus horror stories that vindicates all the seemingly silly security measures I impose on my own computer use and that of the few clients who listen to me when I say, €œI don€t care how funny it€s supposed to be. Don€t open the ****ed attachment.€ This fellow was laid low by more than a thousand instances of the Netsky worm on his system. I don€t know if it really had to be done or not, but he wound up having his hard drive reformatted. He called me because he now wants a level of protection best described as a WMD.

Wednesday evening during Movie Night I examined M.L.€s system with an ad and spyware scanner to undo all the stuff her grandkids did to the machine during spring break. I found about 163 instances of lurking little registry entries and scripts which actually wasn€t so bad since I found thousands on a client€s system last week. Both users were being driven to acts of desktop violence by relentless pop-up ads.

At least once and sometimes two and three times a day I have to ban IP addresses, delete comments, and rebuild the blog to get rid of spam. It€s everything from member enhancement to slumber inducement, allergy medications, stuff to help you lose weight, and things to make you not worry and be happy. The cumulative designation for these comments is €œ****€ and if any of you spam merchants are reading this, stay the hell off my website.

The same garbage hits the server belonging to the small hosting company in which I have an interest. About two weeks ago we installed a filtering system that was blocking more than 2,000 messages a day but then the same customers who complained about the junk mail started getting worried they were missing legitimate and possibly revenue generating messages and *****ed until we opened the flood gates again.

Yesterday I picked up last week€s issue of Time and read an article entitled €œJust Too Loud,€ in which the author Jeffrey Kluger interviews Ted Rueter, head of the advocacy group Noise Free America, who claims to be considering moving to New Zealand because of leaf blowers. It seems there are 90 million of those despicable devices in America. €œEverywhere has turned into leaf blower hell,€ Rueter says.

The article then goes on to detail all the noise with which we are bombarded on a daily basis. I was especially attuned to this information since I have hyper-acute hearing and am unable to tune out the noises other people can ignore. Booming car stereos, leaf blowers, weed eaters, and the ilk make me absolutely crazy. I wasn€t surprised that prolonged exposure to noise not only damages hearing but raises blood pressure, can lead to heart disease, and is responsible for stress and depression. I have lived next to apartment apes whose consistent output of noise made me feel as if I were trapped and subjected to relentless torture.

Then E.L. came by to visit R. and me and told us about a documentary she and her husband watched earlier in the week about a whale and porpoise beaching. The incident happened in waters where the navy was conducting a massive sonar exercise. When autopsies were performed on the dead animals it was discovered that they had suffered brain hemorrhages. The poor creatures had essentially committed suicide to get out of the water where the sound waves were bombarding them to the point of madness. I felt like crying I had such sympathy for their suffering and desperation.

All these separate events have left me pondering how much we are hit every day by things we simply do not want and that complicate our lives in small ways that add up to big damage. From malicious computer viruses designed by cyber terrorists, to inconsiderate morons in cars who wrongly assume that I want to listen to the noise pollution they call music, to yard men who are too lazy to pick up a rake, it feels as if we are under constant attack.

In my mental collection of song lyrics there are a few lines from a number called, €œNew Cut Road€ about a Kentucky fiddle player named Coleman Bonner that go like this: €œColeman's daddy he pulled up in the yard, He said pack up your lives kids it's gettin' too hard. Kentucky's alright but there's too many people, Well just the other day I thought I saw a church steeple.€ Unfortunately, unlike the Bonners we can€t move west €" or north, south, or east €" to get away from all these things. They are a regrettable fact of modern life.

A scene from the old Richard Chamberlain mini-series adaptation of Shogun comes inevitably to my mind. Chamberlain sits in a tub of water taking a nice soak when a very pretty Japanese woman comes in, drops her robe, and gets in the tub as well. After a few seconds she asks him if he€s shocked and he sort of burbles something in that guy-who-just-saw-a-pretty-naked-woman kind of way. She gently explains that in order to survive the incredible crowding in their small island nation the Japanese have evolved a different sense of privacy that comes from within not from without.

I don€t see Americans doing that. I see us getting angrier, giving in to instances of road rage, taking more high blood pressure medicine, going deaf younger, and getting more rude. I have finally driven off most of the telemarketers who were still getting through the Texas No-Call system and reaching us but even I wince at some of the things I€ve said to them to get them to quit calling. Even a mouthy sort like me values civility but I have a great deal of trouble sparing it for people who are invading my private time in my own home uninvited.

Some readers will smile to themselves and say, €œThere goes Rana being a misanthrope again,€ but each of these things touching my consciousness one after another in rapid succession has made me ponder the relentless assaults on our personal space. I made a donation to Noise Free America €" I don€t make donations lightly. I think the statistic in the Time article that really got me is that one noisy motorbike driving through Paris at night has the potential to wake up 200,000 people. My Mother wouldn€t let me play the piano on our breezeway after 9 o€clock for fear of disturbing the neighbors.

More than once I€ve had a huffy apartment ape living next door yell at me at one in the morning that he or she has a €œright€ to play music at any chosen volume. Many have gotten to discuss this philosophical stand with the police. This is why I will do my ****edest never to live in an apartment again. But in our defense of €œrights€ when did we throw out human consideration? And while we€re talking about rights, I€m pretty sure those whales and porpoises have a natural right to swim in the oceans of the world without being driven to madness by man-made noise. I€d go find a quiet place to think about all this, but I€m not sure I can find one

Link: http://www.ranablog.com/archives/000768.php <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
-------------------------------------------
You are 100% correct there my friend.
I used to work in a coal mine and in the old back workings one could experience the sensation of absolute quiet.
People today care only for themselves and don't give a thought to
what their actions do to others and wouldn't change their action if they
DID think about it.
We have become a "me only" society and a bloody loud one at that.

woofiedog
03-13-2005, 02:57 AM
WTE_Ibis ... I just noticed your 666 posting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

civildog
03-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Clearly a case of too many rats in a small cage. Soon we'll all be chewing off eachothers testicles and killing eachother for the last few females and lab block.

Viral pandemics and wars were always a good solution to this sort of thing in the past. It's been a while since the last great flu pandemic. Pandemics always seem to crop when populations (of animals or humans) reach certain thresholds. Then it burns out for want of hosts and goes back to whatever host originally carried it without dying. Smallpox is a perfect example, except that the natural host has never been found, which is why it was eradicated. A virus like Marburg or Ebloa has a natural host, though that has never been found.

Someday, maybe soon, medicine won't be able to keep these things at bay and then all the road rage and leafblowers will go away for a while.

ytareh
03-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Maybe OT your OT but how do you actually avoid or recover from stalling and spinning anyway!?Ive heard push stick forward and rudder into spin but it dont me much good half the time...(online/non-anyway real settings noob)

civildog
03-13-2005, 11:35 AM
reduce throttle....rudder AWAY from the direction of spin and DON'T TOUCH THE AILERONS! (you'll only make it worse)...then once she stops spinning gently throttle up and pull out.

GENTLY throttle up and pull out as you gain speed or you'll start spinning again, which will be worse because now you've probably lost a 1000+ meters of altitude. Depending on the plane.

I've used the inherent spin nastiness in MiGs and Cobras to make tighter turns and get out of the way fast because they will revoer faster than most people realise once you get to know the tempermental beasts.

Practice makes perfect.

TAGERT.
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by horseback:

cheers

horseback <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Do what I do.. hit him with the hose or turn the sprinklers on.. Guy down the street runs some church out of his house on sunday.. So, when his *people* park 4 cars in front of my house I turn on the spriklers high and hard to mess up the freshly washed cars and the people getting in and out of them

huggy87
03-13-2005, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CivilDog:

Smallpox is a perfect example, except that the natural host has never been found, which is why it was eradicated.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eradicated?! I had to have my smallpox vaccine in 2003. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

BTW. What is a cop doing teaching us how to make a homemade silencer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ploughman
03-13-2005, 01:18 PM
What's a leaf blower?

civildog
03-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Silencer? I didn't say anything about a silencer. Just mentioned how a plastic bottle can quiet a small caliber gun so as not to add to the noise pollution already enhanced by leafblowers.

And I was off duty. And outside his jurisdiction. And it must have been one of my other personalities anyway. Bad Ronald! Bad!

BTW: the reason you had a smallpox vaccine is because we would all like smallpox to be eradicated. Just because no natural host (that it doesn't kill) was ever found doesn't mean it doesn't have one. Pox viri live in every species on earth and one human smallpox theory has always been that it merely jumped species. So it might still be out there somewhere. Similar to this bird flu thing out of Asia. But the WHO and CDC World Smallpox Eradication Program finally eliminated the virus in the "wild" in 1979 when the last known case was in India. Since then it has existed in labs in (supposedly only) Russia and the US, since they were the main participants of the program.

Unfortunately, the US and Russia backed off on the final eradication of the seed stocks in the 90's when given the chance to eliminate them publicly because of pressure by environmental types who felt we had no right to eradicate a species of anything. Also pressure by the WHO and CDC to use the seeds stocks for future vaccination programs.

Naturally these were then used to create biowar smallpox viruses. The Russians admitted this when WHO inspectors found out about it during the open inspections at thier facilities at the Zagorsk Viriological Facility in 1989. The sedd stocks were mirroed and then moved to the Vector facilities which are in Kazakhstan. Defectors from the program provided the details to WHO.

The US is using the seed stocks to try to develop a decent vaccine and safe anti-viral drug. Althoug Ft Dietrich still is there the US has always shied away from biowar developements and preferred to rely on nuclear weapons as a "safer" weapon. I suppose that depends on one's point of view. Which is why US nuclear response doctrine has always held that bio-chemical-nuclear weapons are all the same thing and are to be responded to by nukes.

So now, after all these years there are fears, exacerbated by the successful splicing of mouse IL-4 genes into mousepox virus by researchers in Australia. This allowed the pox to blow through vaccines. Researchers hve tried the same thing with Congo 8 strain of monkey pox successfully. God only knows who might try this with human interleukin-4 someday. Someday someone will, if they already haven't.

So, kiddies: always get your shots because those shots were what stopped the pandemic in the first place. And they may save your life in the next one.

horseback
03-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I seem to have touched a nerve here.

In an environment where we all have to live in close proximity, we used to have an ethos of mutual consideration. I could turn my stereo up, but that might disturb my neighbor. I might prefer to do my woodworking on the balcony of my apartment, but the jigsaw and the powersander are noisy and scatter sawdust into other people's areas. The varnish and thinner make what some find to be bad smells. So I forbear, wear headphones and do my woodworking in the garage, located in a seperate area from the residential area.

But in the last few years, the world has become filled with people who have 'rights,' or at least no concept of other people having similar, and conflicting, rights.

As Woofie pointed out, the apartment apes are taking over. In their tribe (and that's the highest level their culture can hope to reach), if you don't like what they're doing, or if they don't like what you're doing, you're an ***hole, and it's okay to do whatever you can get away with doing to an ***hole.

Some of them tend to be overt, or in the case of Leafblower guy, they are classically passive-aggressive.

Laws written years ago for a more considerate generation protect them to a greater extent than they deserve. Cops shrug and tell you they can't do anything if they can't see or hear the violation for themselves(apartment apes are surprisingly alert for lower life forms; they can't hear you pounding on their door, but they can hear a police cruiser pulling around the corner a quarter mile away) but warn you about taking care of the situation yourself.

In fact, they warn you against even asking the offenders to keep the noise down. Catch-22.

By the way, Civildog, I'd be very nervous trying what you suggested without having some reliable form of eye protection using MY gun, and I'm not sure that the quieting effect would be all that was hoped for.
cheers

horseback

civildog
03-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Then go out there and club the guy from behind. He won't hear you coming so you can knock him silly, throw his leafblower into a dumpster and then go back to playing your game.

BaldieJr
03-13-2005, 05:46 PM
I wish my apartment came with overzealous groundskeepers and a frikken garage where I could wood-work.

Geez.

WolfK33
03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
I can feel your pain about a leafblower on weekends, but believe me, it could be worse...

Imagine you live in a house with 9 apartements, 3 per floor. You live in the middle apartement of the middle floor. In the middle of it all. Then imagine all three apartements in the floor above you as well as the two other apartements on your floor to get new inhabitants. Then imagine each apartement to be reconditioned, including new floors, using hammers, saws, drilling machines and lots of other noisy stuff, people running up and down the stairs all day and so on. No, not all apartements at the same time, no, one after the other, so that it takes well over one year.Of course each new inhabitant having a big party all night after moving in. Then imagine your new neighbour on the same floor as you, directly besides your bedroom to be a young (and ugly...)woman with a baby child crying 24h a day. Your new neighbours directly above you apparently training for some kind of sex-olympics 24h a day. The guy living directly below you loves "Ramstein", but seems to only own one CD of them... Imagine the big lawn just outside your bedroom window beeing very very often mowed with a motored sit-on lawn mower. Of course, as there are some trees on that lawn there also are lots of leafes to be blown away.

Then imagine you are a paramedic doing lots of night shifts, those going from 5pm to 7am, up to seven nights in a row. With driving to and from work, having breakfast, showering and so on that leaves you less then 8 hours to try to get some sleep.

And of course that house you live in is near a major street in your city and of course every paramedic, firefighter and cop in your town who knows you live there turns on his siren when driving by, as it´s the habit...

Tired greetings,

Wolf

P.S.: Starting with the night-shift again tomorrow (well, today...)...Now, why the hell aren´t paramedics armed....

Taylortony
03-13-2005, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by horseback:

cheers

horseback <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

stick it on suck then shove it up his ahhhhh know where this is going http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Amon26
03-13-2005, 07:55 PM
We really do live inside ourselves more now than ever, reality has become so hyperlinked and and we're expected to always be on the other end of the line when someone calls us. So instead of having peace and quiet we just drown it out with more noise.

I think the less "me" time we have the more we'll be greedy with it, and less considerate we will be to those around us when that time gets interupted.

the neighbor's hillbilly kid had a bad habbit of playing kid rock out of his subwoofer on wheels at 3 in the morning. I saw his car in a parking lot downtown one day and made sure it wouldnt make any sound other than "vroom" ever again. Oddly, he never suspected me, instead he beat up his friend or something. Anyway, talk about feeding back into the angst.

WTE_Ibis
03-14-2005, 01:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WolfK33:
I can feel your pain about a leafblower on weekends, but believe me, it could be worse...

Imagine you live in a house with 9 apartements, 3 per floor. You live in the middle apartement of the middle floor. In the middle of it all. Then imagine all three apartements in the floor above you as well as the two other apartements on your floor to get new inhabitants. Then imagine each apartement to be reconditioned, including new floors, using hammers, saws, drilling machines and lots of other noisy stuff, people running up and down the stairs all day and so on. No, not all apartements at the same time, no, one after the other, so that it takes well over one year.Of course each new inhabitant having a big party all night after moving in. Then imagine your new neighbour on the same floor as you, directly besides your bedroom to be a young (and ugly...)woman with a baby child crying 24h a day. Your new neighbours directly above you apparently training for some kind of sex-olympics 24h a day. The guy living directly below you loves "Ramstein", but seems to only own one CD of them... Imagine the big lawn just outside your bedroom window beeing very very often mowed with a motored sit-on lawn mower. Of course, as there are some trees on that lawn there also are lots of leafes to be blown away.

Then imagine you are a paramedic doing lots of night shifts, those going from 5pm to 7am, up to seven nights in a row. With driving to and from work, having breakfast, showering and so on that leaves you less then 8 hours to try to get some sleep.

And of course that house you live in is near a major street in your city and of course every paramedic, firefighter and cop in your town who knows you live there turns on his siren when driving by, as it´s the habit...

Tired greetings,

Wolf

P.S.: Starting with the night-shift again tomorrow (well, today...)...Now, why the hell aren´t paramedics armed.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
-------------------------------

Sorry,I'll never complain again.
M8 immigrate to Oz or NZ. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

WTE_Ibis
03-14-2005, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woofiedog:
WTE_Ibis ... I just noticed your 666 posting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
---------------------------
Yes,didn't notice that, maybe I wont post anymore so I keep it.
Bugger http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
03-14-2005, 02:51 AM
Hmmm you people need to stand OVER THERE from now on please.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Btw any sudden movements and we fire.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BRASSTURTLE
03-14-2005, 12:23 PM
I believe that if you use the leafblower to kill(or maim) the idiot it is only an infraction. You should just get a ticket.

PBNA-Boosher
03-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Hit Shift F1 and all your problems will be solved.

JR_Greenhorn
03-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Last Thursday night I spent some time in one of my favourite places to be. I thought it might be relevant and appreciated here, so I thought I'd share.

My roommate and I had been riding noisy snowmobiles that evening after work. After eating supper off the grill of a small town pub, we rode maybe a dozen miles into the vast Beltrami Island State Forest. At one point, we stopped and shut down the machines. I could see nothing. As my eyes began to adjust, I realized the night was so black because the orange glow of distant towns was absent from the sky. The longer I stood there, the more the faint moonlight reflecting off the snow allowed me to see what was around me--only the trail ahead and behinde me and trees all around. As I dismounted the sled, I heard a small critter, probably a hare, move a bit and suddenly halt--the sounds were not more than twenty feet away. After a moment, the critter sounds trailed off, not sounding as urgent as they first had. And then, silence. Silence and the faint twilight of a Northern Minnesota winter. Surely this is the definition of peacfulness and solitude. I just stood there, stilly and quietly enjoying the lack of anything in particular to focus on. I noticed how crisp and fresh the air was, at ten degrees F. Yet the air was still. What an utterly enjoyable moment it was. Then, we fired up the noisy snowmobiles and rode another 40 miles of enjoyably twisted trails. We didn't see another soul until we left the forest for home. How I enjoy being in the woods.

Perhaps horseback should come up here and visit while winter still lingers. I can assure you, you will not hear a leaf blower anywhere.

horseback
03-15-2005, 11:24 AM
You mean that Minnesota's wilderness isn't overrun with Canadians trying to sneak into the country?

Oh, wait a minute. According to my Official Rush Limbaugh's Guide to Approved Right Winger Stereotypes, you guys are overrun with elderly folks heading to the Great White North for free Canadian Socialized Medicine Program medications. They must be a lot quieter, or at least park their RVs at the local KOA when it gets dark.

Seriously, what is this thread still doing on the front page?

cheers

horseback

Taylortony
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
You mean that Minnesota's wilderness isn't overrun with Canadians trying to sneak into the country?

Oh, wait a minute. According to my Official Rush Limbaugh's Guide to Approved Right Winger Stereotypes, you guys are overrun with elderly folks heading to the Great White North for free Canadian Socialized Medicine Program medications. They must be a lot quieter, or at least park their RVs at the local KOA when it gets dark.

Seriously, what is this thread still doing on the front page?

cheers

horseback <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard the only reason Canadians sneak across the border into the States is so they can transit through it so as to be able to Sneak into Mexico as Illegal Immigrants http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

On the annoying things post,

A neighbour of mine had a Cat that used to climb all over my car using its nice sharp claws to get a grip on the paintwork http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif every night it did this, so i made friends with it, giving it little treats until we were quite friendly.... at that point i introduced it to the inside of my car too, infact i took it for a long drive, some thirty miles plus to be precise, then pulled into a nice layby near a farm and opened the door, sure enough out he popped and stood there in the layby looking at me as i stared back through my rear view mirror at the poor little cat getting smaller and smaller.... now my paintwork is back to its former glory, oh and the neighbour..... they asked me,

Have you seen our cat?

to which hand on heart i replied, No not since yesterday http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Been a year now and he has not been seen since.... funny that.

JR_Greenhorn
03-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Seriously, what is this thread still doing on the front page? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Waiting for the patch?