PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Controlls

Impulsez
10-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey, sorry if this is already posted i did a search and it just came up with a bunch of stuff about Oblivion and 360's. So my question is well the topic Title... what are the PS3 Controlls?

I have pre ordered the game on PS3 and i heard that it is complicated controlls.. maybe some of you have seen in a video or xantos can tell me afterp laying the game (not sure which console he played on) also if no one knows what were the controlls for AC 1 on PS 3 because they're mostl ikely gonna be similar.

Tetsou88
10-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Impulsez:
Hey, sorry if this is already posted i did a search and it just came up with a bunch of stuff about Oblivion and 360's. So my question is well the topic Title... what are the PS3 Controlls?

I have pre ordered the game on PS3 and i heard that it is complicated controlls.. maybe some of you have seen in a video or xantos can tell me afterp laying the game (not sure which console he played on) also if no one knows what were the controlls for AC 1 on PS 3 because they're mostl ikely gonna be similar.

From what I've heard the controls haven't changed from the first game. So expect those with one or two new controls for the new things(such as the upward leap, and the weapons wheel)

NuclearFuss
10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Definately Triangle is Eagle Vision, Circle is gentle push, square is attack and x is pickpocket.

Obviously there are modifications.

X10J
10-23-2009, 05:47 PM
this website (http://guides.gamepressure.com/assassinscreed/guide.asp?ID=4238#) has the controls for the first game and the controls for the second will be quite similar with a couple of tweaks i believe hope it helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Impulsez
10-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Ah Ok thank you heaps i get it now

Account_Deleted
10-23-2009, 08:47 PM
that's what most games say,
at first they're declare the controls are "complicated" soon it's just gonna get stuck in your mind and would feel the same..

but again...

i hope they use AC1 controls as templates

X10J
10-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Impulsez:
Ah Ok thank you heaps i get it now no prboblem i'm glad to help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cjail
10-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Assassin's Creed controls are not complicate at all, they are just a completely different approach from any other game: I assure you that you will get used to them in no time!
Since the mechanics are quite changed I think that AC2 controls will really have important variations:
-Because Ezio will have more tools at his disposal than Altair had (Throwing Knives,Smoke bombs, Money, Poison, Medicines, etc...) the weapons/inventory menu (as you can see in many videos) has been changed into a circular selection menu so I expect to see a different way to access it: most probably a single button and not the directional buttons like in AC.
-We will still have the "one button-one part of the body" (puppeteer style) but since we will be able to do more moves than Altair (disarm enemies, swim, etc...) a little variation probably has been made.

These are just few expels but I am sure that anything they change will be for the best.

PS
You wrote "controls" wrong in the thread title!

ScytheOfGrim
10-24-2009, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Cjail:
Assassin's Creed controls are not complicate at all, they are just a completely different approach from any other game: I assure you that you will get used to them in no time!
Since the mechanics are quite changed I think that AC2 controls will really have important variations:
-Because Ezio will have more tools at his disposal than Altair had (Throwing Knives,Smoke bombs, Money, Poison, Medicines, etc...) the weapons/inventory menu (as you can see in many videos) has been changed into a circular selection menu so I expect to see a different way to access it: most probably a single button and not the directional buttons like in AC.
-We will still have the "one button-one part of the body" (puppeteer style) but since we will be able to do more moves than Altair (disarm enemies, swim, etc...) a little variation probably has been made.

These are just few expels but I am sure that anything they change will be for the best.

PS
You wrote "controls" wrong in the thread title!

Not really.
The control philosophy isn't that different from many other games out there.
The biggest difference is the "modifiers", which change the intensity of your actions. The actual "puppeteer" system isn't new at all.
If you think about it, you'll realize that most of the platformers ever released have the same design philosophy.
X is to control your feet and jump, square controls your arms and is your attack button, and triangle usually controls your head, and gives you a first-person view of the environment. Circle is the only button that would almost always change from one game to another.

Think of it like that and you'll realize that the approach is nothing new, it's just a more realized, focused and advanced version of the system.

Cjail
10-24-2009, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

Not really.
The control philosophy isn't that different from many other games out there.
The biggest difference is the "modifiers", which change the intensity of your actions.

I was exactly referring to that: people that haven't played AC (before buying it I had this little concern too) think that with the "Profile" button the controls get complex/stupid because you have "different sets of actions" instead of the classic "one set" used for every situation!
All this is just because many people (especially in the reviews) says that: "The AC controls are really inventive/unusual and will get a little time to get used to them" and so this "lack of immediately" can be seen as a defect!
Also the active-passive state is something you most likely find only in RPG and not in action-adventure; that is the "different approach" I was talking about!