PDA

View Full Version : IL2-Sticks: Changing sensitivities for HOTAS controls more easily ...

FoolTrottel
09-18-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi,

After installing and using 4.01m, I found the sensitivity settings for HOTAS controls were far more important than before. Especially when using a multi-controller setup, as changing these settings can only be done by editing conf.ini.

Correction: could only be done by editing conf.ini
As I started programming ...

IL2-Sticks is now in it's Beta version, and it's available for download at Airwarfare, here (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm#087)
(Thanks Euro_Snoopy!)

If you have a multicontroller setup and you think tinkering with the sensitivies is too much of a hassle now: get this tool, and benefit from it!

Besides editing conf.ini more easily, there's also the option to save sensitivity settings into a seperate profile. Like having specific profiles for specific aircrafts.
Changing between those aircraft and assigning their settings to the game could be as simple as selecting the profile, and save it to conf.ini ...

(This was posted in GD a while ago, I started this thread for the ppl who may have missed it ...)

Have Fun!

Tully__
09-18-2005, 06:20 AM
I like this utility http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Waldo.Pepper
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Should be essential.

polak5
09-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Now this is pimp! cant wait to try it.
regards, Los

T_O_A_D
09-18-2005, 08:45 PM
It is a defenite must have program http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Dingzoom
09-18-2005, 09:36 PM
are there any changes to come out for lthis utility since it first came out?
I am using it & it seems to be a very good utility however one thing that I have noticeis that my prop pitch will now not go over 96-97%

FoolTrottel
09-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Dingzoom:
I am using it & it seems to be a very good utility however one thing that I have noticeis that my prop pitch will now not go over 96-97%

Hi,

Can't imagine the prop pitch being influenced by using IL2-Sticks. Unless you got it on a slider, and have set it's sensitivity to something special.

There's only one 'bug' in version 1.0h, and that's one I found myself:
- Each time you press 'Save to conf.ini' it looks like a blank line is add in conf.ini, just below the [rts_joystick] section.
You can check if that is the case, remove the blank lines, and retest.

**EDIT***
Dingzoom,
Either post yer config.ini [rts_joystick] section, and/or your current Profile (IL2-Sticks profile.ini) here, or PM me with it. (and also yer Pilot's Settings.ini)
Then I can check it out.
**End EDIT***

Good Luck!

Tully__
09-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Dingzoom:
There are two possibilities there:

1. If the highest setting is not at 100% and the one next to it at or very close to 100%, you simply will not get full control deflection (in any axis, not just prop pitch); OR

2. The controller needs recalibrating. You should check in Windows Game Controllers properties to see if you're getting full deflection.

Bearcat99
09-20-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Should be essential.

It alrerady is..... I put it in there when I first saw it. BTW... IL2 Manager also has the same feature. That is alo on the Essentials list.

FoolTrottel
09-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Should be essential.

(...) IL2 Manager also has the same feature. (...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but IL2-Sticks adds the 'Profile' bit: saving a set of sensitivities for specific planes or pilots http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Have Fun!