PDA

View Full Version : Will dedicated sound board improve performance in SoW?

mean_mango
06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm currently running an integrated sound chip on my ASUS M2R32 motherboard, and it seems to work fine in 1946. No frame stutters or sound issues at all.

If I got the latest Creative X-Fi board to run SoW, is it conceivable that I would notice any difference in frame rate or sound quality? I used to be a huge advocate of sound blaster over integrated sound, but with 1946 it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Capt.LoneRanger
06-06-2007, 03:43 PM
with 1946 it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Couldn't disagree more. I just got an X-Fi and it was a good step in sound quality from my audigy2. The problem is the headset/speakers. Most use an 120$ audio-card with an 10$ headset or even a 5.1 headset. You won't have much fun with it.

I got myself a headset with a frequency-range from 8 to 23,000 Hz and the roaring .50s of a P47 just knock me off my seat.

Also be sure to have the right soundsettings in IL2!

stansdds
06-07-2007, 03:52 AM
As far as I know, onboard sound is going to use the CPU to process the sound. A dedicated sound card with its own CPU will take the load off the computer CPU, so you may see better performance. The bigger thing about a dedicated sound card is the quality of the sound.