PDA

View Full Version : how did you get interested in the AC series ?

notafanboy
11-13-2010, 05:32 PM
i was just looking for a game at gamestop , and my brother told me "hey that game looks good"(ac1), and i said "nahhhh" , but he convinced me to buy it and i loved it !

SupraCat
11-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I stumbled upon the E3 demo for AC1 and I was sold. Been following it ever since.

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Saw the trailers for the first one and picked it up on release day.

xsatanicjokerx
11-13-2010, 05:37 PM
There was a deal at eb games buy 2 get 1 free and so i decided to get assassin's creed one to fill in the free game. Now im obsessed with the series.

I had the game for like 2 weeks before playing it as well lol

rileypoole1234
11-13-2010, 05:40 PM
I first saw the trailer for AC1 and got it on release day

RipYourSpineOut
11-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Not completely sure. I think I saw some news about AC1 on teh interwebs somehow, and decided I should get it on release date. My suspicions were correct, AC1 proved to be quite awesome. Been following the series since.

Totally getting AC: B this Tuesday http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif!

Rainie
11-13-2010, 05:44 PM
a friend from an MMO i used to play recommended it to me, i think if he didnt i might have picked it up sooner or later but not right away lol

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Posted a bit about this in another thread but I'll post more about it here...

I actually had no interest in playing AC. I just got a 360 about a year and a half ago and only had and PS2 prior to it so I was still playing a 6th gen console when AC1 came out. I didn't know much about the game except that it it took place in ancient times and meant it would be all sword play and stuff. I didn't expect a game without guns to be very engaging or fun to play. I also heard that AC1 didn't have subtitles and as a deaf gamer that put me off even more.

When AC2 came out and despite all the hype about it I didn't bother to check it out but I have to admit it piqued my curiosity a bit.

At the time I was following the upcoming Splinter Cell Conviction and decided I wanted to play another Ubisoft title to get the Uplay points for the Conviction rewards before the game came out.

When I played AC2 I loved it. It went from being a game I wasn't interested in and only played for Uplay points for another game to being my favorite game.

I've since played AC1 and now AC is my favorite franchise. I have actually pre-ordered 2 copies including the Collector's Edition of Brotherhood because I want both of the multiplayer character exclusives.

DarkicoN14
11-13-2010, 06:08 PM
youtube gameplay. yeah sort of lame but whatever. started in around 2009 and saw AC2 was about to be released didnt get the chance to pre order, but instead got it on boxing day for 40$. so this is my first AC game that i have on pre order and im exited as hell. its going to kill COD BO

Deej4y17
11-13-2010, 06:12 PM
my frind refer me ..

Seje12
11-13-2010, 06:12 PM
played AC1 with my friend on his big brothers Xbox 360 and i just did get a PS3 one week before that, so i had no games for it and thought AC1 was cool and fun when i played it with my friend then i bought it, my first PS3 Game.

ammett
11-13-2010, 06:23 PM
I found out about it in a kind of a strange way. . . I was watching The Beach(Film) and on the credits there was this song and I needed to find out what it was, so I youtubed the films soundtrack and found it was Unkle - lonely soul. And in the comment box it said also featured in Assassins Creed. Thats how I got interested in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 06:27 PM
It's a funny, and long story about me and the AC series.

I got AC1 when it first dropped for the PC. Unfortunately, the graphics card I had back then was an old, ATI 7700, which didn't run the game. It barely run the first twenty minutes of the game, and the game crashed when I got to Acre. It sucked, and that put me off of the AC series, and for a year and a half AC1 gathered dust on my shelf.

Then I upgraded my graphics card to a 9500 GT. I played AC1, and was hooked by its awesomeness. I bought AC2 when it came out for PC, and now I anxiously wait for AC Brotherhood to be released for Windows.

john63
11-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I was watching some demos for splinter cell conviction, back when they were going to give Sam Fisher a beard and focus on social stealth instead of lights and shadows. Then I heard that that plan got scrapped by Ubisoft because it was too similar to their upcoming Assassin's Creed game. Hadn't heard of it before, looked up some demo videos, and the rest is history http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cless711
11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
I remember clearly how i got interested in the AC Series. I believe it was when the first AC was out, i didn't have a ps3 back then but my friend did so he always bragged about his games and how awesome they are. However one day he started to talk about AC and how awesome it was so i looked it up and found some trailers, game play vids, etc. I had wanted it real bad and so i bought a ps3 by the time AC2 came out and bought both of them at the same time that i got my ps3.

Good times :P

KrYpToNiC95
11-13-2010, 06:39 PM
In early 2008 i went to a friends house and he told me that he had a game that assassinated people. I started playing and i loved it! the next day i went and bought it. I have become a fanatic, since then i have seen almost every single official Assassin's Creed Video.

Caligula__
11-13-2010, 06:46 PM
all of my friends were like "Assassin's Creed is horrible!" "Don't buy it!"

Anyways I was in EB Games one day and saw it on PC for like $10 so just to annoy my friends I bought it and started playing, my PC is horrible, no sounds and really laggy (cut scenes took like 2 hours) but I really liked it and when i got my PS3 I got AC2 with it and yeah... =)

gamertam
11-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Posted a bit about this in another thread but I'll post more about it here...

I actually had no interest in playing AC. I just got a 360 about a year and a half ago and only had and PS2 prior to it so I was still playing a 6th gen console when AC1 came out. I didn't know much about the game except that it it took place in ancient times and meant it would be all sword play and stuff. I didn't expect a game without guns to be very engaging or fun to play. I also heard that AC1 didn't have subtitles and as a deaf gamer that put me off even more.

When AC2 came out and despite all the hype about it I didn't bother to check it out but I have to admit it piqued my curiosity a bit.

At the time I was following the upcoming Splinter Cell Conviction and decided I wanted to play another Ubisoft title to get the Uplay points for the Conviction rewards before the game came out.

When I played AC2 I loved it. It went from being a game I wasn't interested in and only played for Uplay points for another game to being my favorite game.

I've since played AC1 and now AC is my favorite franchise. I have actually pre-ordered 2 copies including the Collector's Edition of Brotherhood because I want both of the multiplayer character exclusives.

your post pretty much nailed for me as well. On top of that, it was a gut feeling more than anything. Whatever it was, i wanted it. Apart from that, i can't remember why exactly. Maybe the fact it had to do with the CE.

tjbyrum1
11-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Around the end of Oct last year, a couple of guys were talking about AC2 coming out... and that they were wanting it for C-Mas.

So I came home, spoiled it for myself, found everything there was to know about it, knew everything before I even got the game, etc etc....

Asked for it on C-Mas. I received AC1 though. I later purchased AC2 after beating AC1.

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Saw some info about the first game while hopping between gaming sites looking for something interesting.

I THINK it was IGN.

There was a hands-off preview, and when I read it I thought "that looks promising"

Kept an eye out, read a hands-on - a few hours later the first gameplay footage came out and my jaw dropped.

I was beginning to learn swordfighting at the time, and it was the best-animated melee combat I'd seen in a game. And no other series has matched it yet.

I pre-ordered the collector's edition (the least awesome version of which was the only one available here), and loved it.

I finished the game just under 40 hours after getting it home, with breaks to get food and drink (which I ate and drank in cutscenes) and for trips to the bathroom.

I followed AC2 from the moment the first previews showed up, and was one of those vocally protesting the inclusion of swimming in full armour (which I still think is silly, but Ezio just looks so cool diving into a Venetian canal that it makes up for it).

And now, Brotherhood.

Assassin's Creed got me into parkour.
Gaming is good for my health http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Also I bought AC collectors edition but my dad eventually threw it away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

icyxyci1986
11-13-2010, 07:47 PM
I saw a preview of AC1 in a gameinformer mag months before it came out. Bout it the day it came out. Funny thing is the guy that worked at gamestop told me that the game was going to be horrible. He should have been fired.

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 07:49 PM
I have a question for all the new people then. If you new about it from the beginning how come you join the forum now.

icyxyci1986
11-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Love it when people imply dumb things. Anyways, I joined the forum because I didn't understand why desmond was looking for a POE that was destroyed in the Denver accident. Needless to say, I was informed of possiblities that may be correct. Always come to the forum to read up on what people have to say, just never had to much to say myself.

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
I have a question for all the new people then. If you new about it from the beginning how come you join the forum now.

I started out on the Splinter Cell forums here being active on there until Conviction was released. By the time I got into AC2 it had been out for more than half a year so I didn't think I had anything to contribute to or learn from by being active on the AC forums before a new game was announced. I only started getting active on the AC forums since I started learning stuff online about Brotherhood.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-13-2010, 08:09 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I can not, for the life of me, remember what got me interested in the series. It may have been a combo of previews, both in print and video form, that got me hooked. Back then, I HARDLY ever bought single player games, so buying something like this, the first in the series with no track record or any type of multiplayer, was a BIG deal for me. I even sprung for the limited edition. It probably helped that it was Ubisoft who made it. I loved, and still do, Splinter Cell. Anyway, since then I have gotten more single player only games but I never played them more than once. That was until AC2 came out. That was the first game I played through more than once. 5 times to be exact. Thanks to AC2, the AC series has penetrated my top 3 gaming franchises. It will be a very sad day if Ubi decides to can it.

breakdown89
11-13-2010, 09:28 PM
yeah i remember back in '07 when i saw the first trailer for it, and was like "wow, this looks pretty cool.....and a bit mysterious at the same time" lol. got it as a christmas present that same year and the rest is history http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Riley_Dom
11-13-2010, 09:39 PM
I actually remember seeing previews of AC before it came out, but i thought "Oh, looks interesting, i'll have to get it sometime...maybe when the price goes down..." Well, fast foward to about 8 months before AC2 comes out, and i gain interest again...So, i kinda obsess about it for a while, then, months later, i finally get it with my b-day money. I've been hooked ever since...

Well, i don't really join in conversations much, i just look online for information, so I didn't really find a point in joining the forums. I was actually lurking around this forum for quite a while before i randomly decided to get an account....

MCB280
11-13-2010, 09:43 PM
I played it at a friends house 1 and 2 and i did not get an xbox 360 until September this year and i been hooked since

Redfeather1975
11-13-2010, 09:49 PM
I saw the game previewed on a magazine cover and thought the graphics looked stylish and cool.

Then I went home and looked it up on youtube and saw the horse riding/pick-pocketing bits, and thought it looked like a sandbox game too.

So I ended up pre-ordering it at the video game store where I first saw the magazine.

magesupermaster
11-13-2010, 10:22 PM
I heard about it from some friends and it got me interested, it was in 2008 that I got to play the original AC.
I was amazed, I overlooked the repetition and enjoyed every bit.
When the first rumors about AC2 came out, I was hooked about the AC franchise.
I signed up eventually to the forums some months before AC2 came out.
And that's my story..

Sparty2020
11-13-2010, 10:25 PM
"From the creators of Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell..." Hook, Line, and Sinker!

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 11:13 PM
I forgot to add to my post, that the storyline of AC1 really attracted me. I love History, especially Medieval History.

So a game in which you get to assasinate people during the Crusades is just amazing to me. I still don't think AC1 is as repetitive as most have said it is. However, it is too short, and AC2 is definitely an improvement in that regard.

LoonyPanda
11-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I just got a 360 for Christmas last year, I had a Wii previously. I remember AC1 being advertised and I wanted it really badly, but they didn't have it for Wii. So when I got my 360 last year I got both AC1 and AC2, been owning Templars ever since. That's basically the story of my life.

xsatanicjokerx
11-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
I heard about it from some friends and it got me interested, it was in 2008 that I got to play the original AC.
I was amazed, I overlooked the repetition and enjoyed every bit.
When the first rumors about AC2 came out, I was hooked about the AC franchise.
I signed up eventually to the forums some months before AC2 came out.
And that's my story.. I played through ac1 twice without realizing i was doing the same thing in every city. Then someone said to me it had alot of repetition then i thought about it and said "oh yeah i guess it does" LOL

zarketheiksar
11-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Got AC1 and an elite for my birthday a few years ago and got addicted lol. I think I've played through it about 7 or 8 times now. Also working on my 3rd fully completed AC2.

I've been lurking since AC2 but I finally started to post a few days ago because I was getting agitated waiting for AC:B.

Nick1021
11-14-2010, 12:20 AM
My friend talked about it and I looked at the achievements. I saw it had throwing knives and hidden daggers and I thought it was set during modern times and I was like "OMG so cool". Then I was dissapointed D=

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 01:59 AM
had cod 4 at the time, i absolutely sucked at the online so i decided to trade it in and saw assassins creed. at the time i had no idea what it was about but i loved(still do) ubisoft games so i decided to get that instead.

it was actually a bit disappointing to tell you the truth. as i finished it in 2 days.. however i loved the story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dlonewolf1994
11-14-2010, 02:01 AM

decided to join to have someone to talk to over the beta of ac: brotherhood. the ac forums on the playstation forums is pretty quiet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Xanatos2007
11-14-2010, 02:42 AM
Was searching for Parkour vids back in '07 and stumbled across the first AC Xbox 360 demo.

Brilliant freedom of movement + assassins in hoods & cool robes = instant win.

persiateddy95
11-14-2010, 03:46 AM
I don't mean to be rude but,

what the hell has the game to do with forums? There's no need to register in the forums to play the game, forums are for discussions, not a need to be able to play/use the game like some sort of crappy DRM.

Super_Sausage
11-14-2010, 03:53 AM
My friends told me it (AC1) was good so I bought it (when it was cheap) and now I'm more into the series than them.

realgangsta213
11-14-2010, 04:29 AM
I absolutely can't remember but i can remember that i picked ac2 up on release day having never played 1. Although i could pretty much guess how i got to buying it. I'm a very stromg believer in reviews and previews and when the first ones came out i glanced over them as i do with any descent game. But i still can't explain to you why i bought it. I can remember how hyped i was which i never am for any game i don't know much about. I guess some mysterious power bought us together and i'm glad it did. Btw last night i had a dream that i was playing acb on my xbox and it was the hacked leaked version which is weird because my xbox isn't even modded. Anyway the strange part was that i refused to play the game and just walked around in one little area not doing anything. I woke up and said hang on what was that all about. I guess the all the leaked information is so tempting to look at that my sub-conciense cant resist but i'll stay strong!

itsamea-mario
11-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Saw one trailer (the one with 'teardrop')
bought a ps3 then got AC.

well, early christmas present really.
i liked the idea of it being set in the crusades, as some cool assassin person going round killing crusaders.

tbh. i had no idea what was happening when i forst played it, and it was in the present.

DukeFirewood
11-14-2010, 04:46 AM
A friend told me about AC1 when it was released and I thought nah, not for me. Then I saw AC2 and said YES I must have it and since then I got AC1 and have been enjoying all the AC action since.

tijn1996
11-14-2010, 09:22 AM
i got my ps3 in august 2010 and wasn't really into shooters and ac2 looked awesome so i bought it and it was awesome so when i finished ac2 i bought ac1 to get some more misions

ninja_7_7
11-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
I don't mean to be rude but,

what the hell has the game to do with forums? There's no need to register in the forums to play the game, forums are for discussions, not a need to be able to play/use the game like some sort of crappy DRM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If your watching the forums since day one why not just create an account. I know what forums are for..

persiateddy95
11-14-2010, 12:02 PM
You said why people got the game and only later registered on the forum, not that they had been following the forum since the beginning.

Anthony955
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
I was told about the AC series last year by a (now former) friend, I had a look on youtube, watched the walkthrough for AC1, got the first game to try it out, was hooked ever since. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

steelernati0n
11-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I didn't get the game until a few months ago, I had some extra money and really hadn't even read much about the game, but decided to get it anyway. Really good decision by the way.

TheEpicWolf
11-14-2010, 06:15 PM
When they first annouced AC1 i thought it sounded interesting and eventually seen pictures in a magazine and then online. I didn't get it on launch though it took awhile, it was actually the reason i wanted a PS3 because it looked so awesome!

the_atm
11-14-2010, 06:29 PM
i was sceptical at first when i first saw the trailer on tv, then i saw a cool music video with it in it, and i was like i need that game

VRTX97
11-14-2010, 06:46 PM
A cousin had it for Xbox 360 and i loved it. The problem was i had a PS2. Then, 1 year after that, i bought a PS3 and AC1 with it(2008). Then i finished it, and completely loved the game, and then i realized a sequel was coming out in 2009, and now ACB.
Man... time passes by so fast.

Skylined69
11-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Bought AC1 for xbox when I saw the teardrop commercial then got an RROD right before AC2 (thanks Microsoft), then Bought a PS3 first game I bought was AC1 followed by AC2 white edition then got a cheap secondhand mint condition copy of the black edition now waiting on AC3 Codex edition.

VRTX97
11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by skylined69:
Bought AC1 for xbox when I saw the teardrop commercial then got an RROD right before AC2 (thanks Microsoft), then Bought a PS3 first game I bought was AC1 followed by AC2 white edition then got a cheap secondhand mint condition copy of the black edition now waiting on AC3 Codex edition.

ACB... is... not... AC3... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Skylined69
11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
My bad ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

OGCFB
11-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey people theres a guy going round spoiling the ending to ACB but he has now changed his username to lover123456 avoid any posts or topics by this user...

LeapofFaith33
11-14-2010, 07:32 PM
My borther got AC1 on christmas the year it came out plus another xbox 360. so he opened up his big present and played that for awhile and left his 360 and other games downstairs. so about an hour after we opened presents, i started playing AC1. I fell deep in love with it and the story. So it was tie for Christmas dinner and my dad started yelling at me to get off AC, I didnt know how to save it so, i let it run for 2 hours until dinner was over.
After we were done eating i ran back and started playing again but i had to log off because the xbox was gonna over heat. I woke up the next day to play again and for the next few days, spent my time beating it.
Then for a year or two when i got bored i would go to google and type in Assassins Creed 2, until one day there was a trailer for it. I was so happy!! i started screaming and yelling, i ran up to my mom crying because i was so happy. I had never cried because i was happy before, ever. So when AC2 came out i spent a week beating the story and fixing the town. plus my brother works at gamestop and his friends work at bestbuy so i get AC standups and posters and i even wear an AC2 sweatband everwhere i go. Plus i got AC: the fall about 8 days before it came out to stores. So thats my AC history http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dchil279
11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Played ACII at my friends house last april and the next day bought AC1, AC2, and bloodlines.

X10J
11-14-2010, 09:18 PM
My buddy and I got board during break at school, he had an issue of game informer. I read the article 12 times. AC1

xsatanicjokerx
11-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by OACFB:
Hey people theres a guy going round spoiling the ending to ACB but he has now changed his username to lover123456 avoid any posts or topics by this user... why do people feel the need to spoil games for other people.

EmperorxZurg
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
it's called trollin'

xsatanicjokerx
11-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
it's called trollin' i know
http://madcowstudios.com/news/media/1/20081114-_img3.jpg

mad_god87
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
was my first game i ever got for my 360 and have loved the series since then

RandomRansom
11-15-2010, 05:32 AM
I heard about the original AC more than a year before it came out. I knew I would love it because I love stealth oriented games. I pre-ordered my copy at least 10 months before it came out (changed to limited edition when that one was announced).

So, in short, I've been interested in the AC series even before it came out. I became interested because of the stealth aspects, the number of animations in Altair, and the sandbox environment (to be more specific).

cptn_k
11-15-2010, 06:09 AM
I used to love gaming, and had many of the early consoles (Atari, Sega, Gameboy, PS1, etc), but I had lost interest (and faith) in new and original games a while ago, and didn't even own a modern console!

It was while watching TV around this time last year that I saw the AC2 ads and trailers, and just thought 'OMG - if that game is anywhere near as good as the trailers looked, then I want some!'

I was instantly drawn in by the originality (not just another shooter/level up game), and the gorgeous graphics and environment in Renaissance Italy, as well as the historical setting and factual references.

So, I bit the bullet and bought a new ps3 and AC2 together, just to play AC2, to treat myself last xmas.

I spent a month solid playing and re-playing the game and was (and still am) massively impressed (and addicted) with everything about the game.

This made me curious about AC1, as I needed to understand the link and progression between the games.

So I bought AC early this year and needless to say, I was as equally impressed with AC, especially the settings and the atmosphere, although I did find some of the missions repetative.

So AC2 and AC have made me realise how good and original gaming can actually be (again), and now I find myself wanting more and more of the same http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I am very excited about ACB, and am hoping an AC3 will follow in the same vein, but I don't know how I'll cope with the wait til 2012... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

iskon2011
11-15-2010, 06:18 AM
i read a review of AC2 in a game magazine and told my mom to pick it up in the store but for PC and she bought it for PS3 and first i was angry but now i realise the its better for ps3 then for pc(at least for me)

NightlyEssence
11-15-2010, 06:52 AM
trailers on YouTube http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif then when I bought it. I got so addicted.

Blackglasswar
11-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Freind got AC, but I wasn't really sure (think I got it confused with prototype/ dark sector or something due to the similar box art). Then he got AC2 and I actually played it and was like WOAH! So i got Ac, blitzed it in 2 days, got AC2, 100% that in 25 hours, then got Bloodlines on PSP just to have all the extra weapons and enjoy more AC story. Finally pre-ordered ACB in JULY and have been wetting my pants with excitement ever since.

AeonGamer
11-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I had finished playing Wolfenstein for the umpteenth time and had just recently upgraded the ol PC so I figured hmmm maybe I'll pick up AC and try it out

After playing the game through about 5 times I was HOOKED!
So I immediately went out and snagged AC2

General_Lekauf
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
To be honest when I saw the first one I thought it was going to be stupid. Then about a month after it came out my brother went and bought it. It wouldn't run on our Xbox so my brother gave up but I (being as stubborn as stubborn gets) would not give up. It crashed atleast 20 times after the introdduction but I would not give up and finally got it to work without many problems. After playing for an hour I was hooked. I beat the game around 20 times. Then while watching Xplay one day I heard about Assassin's Creed 2. I was instantly on my computer looking up all the details. I've been following as best I can since Assassin's Creed 1.

AssassinVenice
11-15-2010, 04:43 PM
well i saw a very nice gameplay on youtube before the game was released and it was really cool with the crossbow but then i forgot about it for about 1 year and then when i bought it i loved the first then after completing the whole game i went to serch for ac2 but nothing came up.
after one year i was enjoying ac2.
now its my favourite game sequel !

elvindrummer
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM
you know what I like about this post is how dedicated people are to the series. You don't see it that much with other games. Where there is total crazy obsession.

Anyways...
I still have my ps2 and pretty much games for it weren't coming out that much anymore.I had read about the game in gameinformer and other places. I was all man that looks sooooo sweet! Well my friend had it lent it her from another friend and I was all I am coming over and playing! So this was prob a month after the game came out and a lot of people didn't know animus stuff etc. So I started playing then it switched to modern day and I was all "NO WAY!!!!". After that day I went and bought an xbox and this was the first game I bought.From that day on and ever since they have been my favorite game and will be for a really long time I believe.

elvindrummer
03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:
Hey people theres a guy going round spoiling the ending to ACB but he has now changed his username to lover123456 avoid any posts or topics by this user... why do people feel the need to spoil games for other people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the heads up

AnthonyA85
03-16-2011, 09:58 PM
A former friend, who i've been out of contact with for almost a year now, first told me about the AC series back in late 2009 i believe, i got the game for xmas that year, and got AC2 in March last year (day of release), i've been hooked ever since.

massmurdera_666
03-17-2011, 05:29 AM
At the time I wasn't touching my new Ps3 until the release of GTA4 and didn't pay attention to any other game at all but I do remember when I first heard about it, its kind of funny and sad at the same time but I was hanging out with my brother and he just dropped his wife off at her friends house, before leaving he asked if he could have five bucks to get a red bull and reluctantly she said yes. After she gave him the money he peeled out of the drive way and raced towards our local Target, skidding to a stop in the parking lot he reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of ones and fives screaming "I have enough! I have enough!", I was like "wtf enough for what?" he replies "I've been hiding and saving this money from my wife since June, when I read about this game Assassin's Creed." I said "What? When did it come out?" "Last year." he said, I was like "That's pretty sad that you have to hide money, that you make , for something you want." his answer "Yeah...". Well he got the game and I watched him play it for awhile not paying very much attention because I was in GTA mode at the time, it really hit me when I read an article about AC2 coming out and I asked my brother if he liked the first one, he said he didn't really get the story or gameplay, he assumed it was a God of War stlye game, and only played it for a couple hours before he shelved it. So I went out and picked up a new copy popped it in the Ps3 and have been hooked on the games, books, comics, and whatever else Ubisoft has to offer ever since.

ElleCore
03-17-2011, 06:49 AM
When I got a new PC I asked some friends about some good video games and several told me to try AC. Loved it from the first moment, and continuing to love it.

payrob07
03-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I spent a full two college semesters in Venice and Florence, so naturally ACII was pretty cool to me. I was tired of playing NCAA Football 24/7 so I went to gamespot and bought ACII used after it was referred to me by a former HS Football teammate. I loved it, most of the landmarks were accurate for the time, with the exception of the Campanile in St Mark's Square. It wasn't brick colored yet, it was white. Alot of the people in the game can be traced in library record books that are over 200 years old and that really compelled me especially since I am a european history minor.

Another thing... Guys and Girls, I am on to something involving a certain household in Florence. A few name changes could blow the doors off of the story being told in the game. It really has no ties to 2012 but a few things will suprise alot of you. Im going back in May.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
a friend readed about it in game magazines and showed me in trailers.

i was sceptical, because the dude(altair) climbed like a monkey and unrealistic things (i dont remember what i claimed unrealistic, anyway)

yeah, he bought it, but never played it untill the end, because he had different imaginatin of the game so he gave it to me and i played it and had lots of fun.

so i bought assasinc creed 2 by my own, because my friend doesnt like assasins creed and i loved it and i will buy assasins creed brotherhood aswell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ferchotouille
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I've always been a Nintendo guy, all my consoles and games have always been the Nintendo ones only, I'm not a fanboy, but I happen to enjoy Mario's gang games a lot, and I didn't really felt the need to buy another company's console. I'm also a movie fan, so when I was about to buy a Bluray player, I said "why not a PS3 instead of just a Bluray player?"... I had seen some AC1 footage by then but I thought it was just "too prince of persia like", but when I was looking at some Venice videos at youtube (I was at Venice as a tourist once so I was looking at some videos to remember that wonderful experience) and thought, "wouldn't it be cool if they made a Venice open world videogame?" so I wrote the words 'venice' and 'videogame' in the search fields and voila! AC2 appeared!!, I was stoned, I watched more and more videos about AC2 and... next thing I know is an AC2 copy on my shelve in a cuople of days LOL

I bought AC1 soon after I finished AC2 and the rest is history!

elvindrummer
03-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by payrob07:
I spent a full two college semesters in Venice and Florence, so naturally ACII was pretty cool to me. I was tired of playing NCAA Football 24/7 so I went to gamespot and bought ACII used after it was referred to me by a former HS Football teammate. I loved it, most of the landmarks were accurate for the time, with the exception of the Campanile in St Mark's Square. It wasn't brick colored yet, it was white. Alot of the people in the game can be traced in library record books that are over 200 years old and that really compelled me especially since I am a european history minor.

Another thing... Guys and Girls, I am on to something involving a certain household in Florence. A few name changes could blow the doors off of the story being told in the game. It really has no ties to 2012 but a few things will suprise alot of you. Im going back in May.

oooooooooo I want to know lol.
one of the reasons I wanna go there is just to see if I could find stuff. Like gravesites etc. I want to learn italian tho so all the people there aren't like crazy american girl obsessed with game needs to stop being annoying and looking for creed characters.

ThaWhistle
03-18-2011, 12:37 AM
I was tripping balls one day and had a hallucination very reminescent of the first AC, which was troubling as I had never played it and my only exposure to the game was watching my friend play on xbox360 back in late 07 i think it was.

and thats kind of odd seeing as i basically got my history major studying soley the middle ages and renaissance.

Maurice_Wijma
03-18-2011, 03:38 AM
I have always liked good stories, and as songwrither/singer I am always searching for inspiration.
One day a friend came allong, and told me about AC2, and what dramatic storie was behind it. So I began to play it. Yes, the storie got me addicted, it had casted its magic on me.
After finishing AC2, I needed to get the first game, and I didn't want to miss out on anything from that point.

ElGrandeLupo
03-18-2011, 07:11 AM
I bought AC 1 not long after my first PS3 was bought. I wasen't really sure about it at first but when i started playing i was immediately hooked and have been a devoted AC fan ever since.

kriegerdesgottes
03-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I was on ign sometime wayy back in 2006 and I saw a link for the first trailer with the eagle and altair up in the tower and I was hooked from that day on. I remember how frustrated I was that there was little to zero in game footage but I loved what I saw enough to get the collectors edition and I haven't regretted it since. best games ever!

crash3
03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
the AC series portrays different historical time periods which are so cool to explore i prefer realistic games and AC series did a great job of showing cities like florence and venice

LaCava1
03-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Abstergo kidnapped me and I had to play through the game, and make sure it wasn't an accurate representation of what Abstergo really is. The Animus is very painful!

Nah, just kidding.
I was doing a project on the Hashshashin, and I looked up Assassin, and saw the trailer for #1. Got it release day, been playing the games ever since.

AkeiraXgamer
03-19-2011, 08:52 PM
It was a slow and gradual... and an impulsive buy.

It started when a few years ago I was on this Oekaki chat with 2 other people, and when It finished loading- There it was! A huge and realistic fanart of a man in white, ready to strike with a thin blade attatched to his wrist, doused in the rain. He seemed to stare menacingly with golden eyes at the person on the other side of the computer screen, as if they were his next victim.

I never forgot his image.

A year or so later, the first AC game came out for the Ipod touch. I was like: hey I know this guy! I tried the demo, but I didnt get what he was trying to do, and why he was climbing up walls.(if you ask me, it ended a little short >_&gthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I didnt remember what the name of the game was, because I had to delete it for sake of memory space on my small Ipod- but I still thought about him every now and then.

Finally, THIS year 2011- I picked up AC:B right before Christmas eve. Like a subliminal message, I had the unusual urge to pick it off the shelf- just because he looked like the man from that fanart, that demo. I didnt know anything about the game.

Truthfully, at first when I played AC:B in the place where he goes to after talking to that holographic representation of Minerva, I thought: "Who is he? Who is her? Why is everything look modern while he doesnt? Those are some cool clothes."Then another man came in to save the day, with his eyepatch and loud voice- Uncle mario I found out later.

I was imeddiantly hooked! I learned that this crazy italian guy I was playing was Ezio and this other guy that looked exactly like him is called Desmond, and they are both trying to save the world from templars (who I thought were too mysterious for their own good anyways).

Though, what were POE's? Who's this Altair that desmond made racist jokes about? I didnt quite catch the lore and felt I needed to know more. Sooo I was somewhat-half-way through AC:B when I saw AC:2 up there on the shelf just begging to be bought. (and here I thought AC:B was the ONLY game with this assassin.)

I got it implusively christmas week, and played it straight for 3 days against my families wishes. This was the third time I saw Ezio without a beard, noble clothes and whatnot, and couldnt tear my eyes off the screen till the credits. It was the ultimate adventure!

Finally I snatched the original AC off the shelf the very same week, defeated Al Mualim and went back to AC:B to stab Lucy. xD

That is how I became interested in AChttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RebeccaLH
03-20-2011, 06:46 AM
It was a dark cloudy day.
I wanted a new game because i was very bored, so i got on a bus and went to the shop.
I saw assassins creed and thought ' ROBIN HOOD' and then bought it.