PDA

View Full Version : Not enough people play this game?

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I think not enough people play this game. Wanted takes forever and so is everything else.

It seems like way too many people are busying playing CoD Black ops and Reach, and Fable 3.

Horrible release date imo.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Well I'm not really complaining about game waiting time. At my school every is talking about blackops, and all my xbl friends.

CARB1DE
11-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
Well I'm not really complaining about game waiting time. At my school every is talking about blackops, and all my xbl friends.

well dont jump on that band wagon....ACB it was more intense if you think about it and it a fresh look for a "high profile stealth" game

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Eclipse81:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

well dont jump on that band wagon....ACB it was more intense if you think about it and it a fresh look for a "high profile stealth" game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not jumping on any band wagon. And the AC multiplayer is much better then CoD. But their is still a HUGE bandwagon for CoD.

AdmiralOink
11-22-2010, 04:07 AM
No way. There are plenty of people who play this. If you have good internet it shouldnt be that much of a problem. The matchmaking isnt great but its still good. You should of tried playing Transformers: War for Cybertron or Halo Wars multiplayer they were awesome but it was a ghost town compared to AC:B, and more people will turn to AC once the COD buzz wares of im even convincing a few of my mates to get it.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-22-2010, 04:42 AM
".. at my school ..." , there's your problem right there.

The new generation of gamers are A.D.H.D.-Riddled Sugarfit kids who I'm pretty sure spend at least 1/3rd of their day secretly snorting Pixie-Stix THROUGH cans of Red Bull. To top that off, they're a bunch of whiny p***ies who, if they don't get INSTANT gratification for every little tiny thing they do on the screen, including big glowing flashing lights and some kind of booming, triumphant sound effect everytime they do something minescule, they will quit the game and say it sucks. If they can't take on hoards of people in waves of 100's before they die, they say the game sucks and they quit. If the game challenges them in ANY WAY, *WHAT-SO-EVER*, they will quit and say it sucks.

I'm only 24, I'll be 25 in January, and I have to speak of this like I'm an old man. My age group is the last of a dieing breed, and I feel so, so sorry for you. You will never in your time know what real gaming was like, games like Ultima Online for example. Due to the way the sugar-fit kids are at your school, and others like them all over the world, we will never see challenging games again. Developing companies aren't there to "make cool games" per-se, they're a business, who's sole intent is to make money. If they can make a cool game in the process without it eating up too much time, they do it. And, sugar-fit kids don't want challenging games; they don't buy them, and they don't ask their parents to buy them. They want games where they're a demi-god and take on thousands of enemies at once and never die. They want games where they can spin in a circle and lay on the trigger while 8 Aircraft Carrier Anti-Aircraft Gatlin Guns that're mounted on the player fire an infinate stream of bullets, working together with 10 player-mounted grenade launchers throwing 5 nades per second each, in 10 different directions, while the character chuckles maniacally like a squirrel on crack as seen in every modern-day cartoon. Oh, and this must take place in a map no bigger than a phone booth. That's what they want, and to them anything less is a stupid, quit-worthy game. Your generation has essentially ruined gaming as we know it.. And I feel really sorry for you because you have a mentality like us old-schoolers, but you'll never get to experience good gaming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I do ALOT of crying out of frustration, but at least when I cry, I'm asking how to get better, or how to fix the problem, or what strategy (or counter-strategy) to use, etc., until I get it right and then my tears stop flowing. New gamers just cry in a different way and then quit.

Anyway, I think alot of people do play this, I never have trouble getting in a game, and when I do it's just the game being lame right now, and even when that does happen and it takes 10 mins to get into a game, the rooms are filling up quickly and then leaving when it doesn't seem to go ahead. Also, the game's been out for a week, give it some time :P. Some people are waiting till payday, some people are waiting and reading forums and watching youtube to make sure it's not full of bugs and glitches, etc.

Also, alot of people are gonna get it for Christmas instead. Their parents just bought them Sugar-Fit Spam Kingdom: Maniacal Giggles Edition (Halo), which comes with an unlockable Benny Hill Theme Song track to play during games. That or COD. So, alot of parents aren't going to reward them with getting them another game so soon. They're gonna get AC:B and wrap it up and give it to them at Christmas, especially since it pains them to see one of the $60 games "go to waste" by sitting on the shelf while the other one is played. They want to feel they're getting the most bang for their buck, and figure by December their kid will have played out COD or Halo for the most part.

So really, I only expect the community to grow! And again, I don't think I've been in a game that wasn't full yet aside from a handful of times at like 4 in the morning Pacific time, where we played 6 for a game or two till it filled again. I think we'll see another boom come Christmas!

Cristari
11-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Well after Wile_E_Coyotee's rant I'd just like to say the game has just been released a lot of people may still be playing through the SP campaign before trying out the MP stuff don't worry there will be more fresh meat for you soon.

However I'd also like to say that I have also had a lot of trouble gaining matches I don't have many friends with this game so I kind of feel alone when playing and often sit there waiting for a match to start for a good 20mins or so with people joining and leaving. I have also tried to join and leave to see if that helps and often it doesn't. My guess is it is a fault in the matchmaking system and from the skill level mix I have seen in game I'd hazard a guess that it is struggling to find players of the same level as well. When you are matched up against a lvl 37 player and you are level 7 I think it shows.

Oh and as a response to Wile_E_Coyotee much of what you said I feel is possibly true however such a damming and harsh response isn't justified mate please have respect for other games no matter their age!

Rhazalu
11-22-2010, 06:42 AM
I agree with Wile_E_Coyotee. All of my friends at school (yes im a little A.D.H.D -Riddled Sugarfit kid) only talk about black ops. I even bought the game. I play more black ops than ACB, because it takes soooo long to find a match.
If it would take around a minute to find a match in ACB, i would play it. ACB is way more fun, but for now, im playing black ops for the most part. I play about 1 hour of ACB every day, just to see if it goes faster with finding other players. And as soon as i can find a match within 1 minute, i'll be playing ACB 25/8!

luth411
11-22-2010, 08:36 AM
The comparisons between COD and ACB seem to be as inevitable as any new MMO compared with WoW. They're different games, folks.

As far as the community goes, I played 4 matches in just under an hour at 7:45 AM until about 8:30 AM this morning.

I can't say that I'm experiencing issues with this. There are times where a matchmaking seems to just idle until eventually people leave. I just exit out and try to join a new game. If the same game mode is problematic I'll join a random match just to get playing.

There's definitely an ebb and flow like most games, but who cares who is playing what? As word spreads and people watch friends playing, this game will pick up a loyal following. It appeals to a very specific game-experience that you can't sate in any other format today.

TheXenon
11-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think the problem is so much that not enough people play the game because last time I checked there was 100,000 players registered on the Ranked Leader Board. I think the problem is the slow match making, it's usually not as slow if you finally do get into a game and then just keep doing rematches. The initial search for your first game is pretty long though.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Talk to them about how awesome AC is.

Might get a few to come around.

Ask them, "wouldn't you rather do something that takes a little more skill than just point and shoot?" and see how they react.

Schoolkids may be hyperactive a lot of the time, but plenty of them will prove that stereotype wrong as soon as you question the legitimacy of their skills in a game. And telling them to prove they're skilled by playing something so different might show you they have a patient side as well. Can help them learn that they're better than CoD as well. Here's hoping.

Mr_Shade
11-22-2010, 01:02 PM
There are also a few reported issues with match making taking longer than normal..

delays in finding games, maybe due to that..

That is being investigated and hopefully patched soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheXenon
11-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
There are also a few reported issues with match making taking longer than normal..

delays in finding games, maybe due to that..

That is being investigated and hopefully patched soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

"That is being investigated and hopefully patched soon" Dear god I hope so. If they do then this will become my go to online multiplayer game. After I get to level 50 (48 now shouldn't take long) and then beat single player, I'll probably go back to Uncharted 2 Online multiplayer.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by TheXenon:
this will become my go to online multiplayer game.
Slacker. It should already be you go to game for multiplayer.

It is for me. Except when I have visitors, then we play LittleBigPlanet.

TheXenon
11-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheXenon:
this will become my go to online multiplayer game.
Slacker. It should already be you go to game for multiplayer.

It is for me. Except when I have visitors, then we play LittleBigPlanet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha it probably will but the slow match making is killing me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully I don't get bored after level 50. I'm already kinda getting burnt out forcing my self to be one of the first level 50's even though I know there are quite a few. Those guys are crazy though, they must go without sleep or something. Atleast I'll be able to say I got to 50 within 6 days of release. Ahhh /PatOnTheBack.

FANIS1993
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
i can answer this, some people are in countries that its day right now others night and i find that to play night has more people cause of the hour thing in each country. another one is that some players don't really want to play the multiplayer and they are playing only the story. but i can find a game in less than 2 min, especially at night

Jimmy2495
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I can only find good games at night and in the afternoon (1-2PM). I'm only level 14, and I WANT THE BLACKSMITH D:

assassin087
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Also some people play on other platforms.

lillylemons
11-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyotee:
".. at my school ..." , there's your problem right there.

The new generation of gamers are A.D.H.D.-Riddled Sugarfit kids who I'm pretty sure spend at least 1/3rd of their day secretly snorting Pixie-Stix THROUGH cans of Red Bull. To top that off, they're a bunch of whiny p***ies who, if they don't get INSTANT gratification for every little tiny thing they do on the screen, including big glowing flashing lights and some kind of booming, triumphant sound effect everytime they do something minescule, they will quit the game and say it sucks. If they can't take on hoards of people in waves of 100's before they die, they say the game sucks and they quit. If the game challenges them in ANY WAY, *WHAT-SO-EVER*, they will quit and say it sucks.

I'm only 24, I'll be 25 in January, and I have to speak of this like I'm an old man. My age group is the last of a dieing breed, and I feel so, so sorry for you. You will never in your time know what real gaming was like, games like Ultima Online for example. Due to the way the sugar-fit kids are at your school, and others like them all over the world, we will never see challenging games again. Developing companies aren't there to "make cool games" per-se, they're a business, who's sole intent is to make money. If they can make a cool game in the process without it eating up too much time, they do it. And, sugar-fit kids don't want challenging games; they don't buy them, and they don't ask their parents to buy them. They want games where they're a demi-god and take on thousands of enemies at once and never die. They want games where they can spin in a circle and lay on the trigger while 8 Aircraft Carrier Anti-Aircraft Gatlin Guns that're mounted on the player fire an infinate stream of bullets, working together with 10 player-mounted grenade launchers throwing 5 nades per second each, in 10 different directions, while the character chuckles maniacally like a squirrel on crack as seen in every modern-day cartoon. Oh, and this must take place in a map no bigger than a phone booth. That's what they want, and to them anything less is a stupid, quit-worthy game. Your generation has essentially ruined gaming as we know it.. And I feel really sorry for you because you have a mentality like us old-schoolers, but you'll never get to experience good gaming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I do ALOT of crying out of frustration, but at least when I cry, I'm asking how to get better, or how to fix the problem, or what strategy (or counter-strategy) to use, etc., until I get it right and then my tears stop flowing. New gamers just cry in a different way and then quit.

Anyway, I think alot of people do play this, I never have trouble getting in a game, and when I do it's just the game being lame right now, and even when that does happen and it takes 10 mins to get into a game, the rooms are filling up quickly and then leaving when it doesn't seem to go ahead. Also, the game's been out for a week, give it some time :P. Some people are waiting till payday, some people are waiting and reading forums and watching youtube to make sure it's not full of bugs and glitches, etc.

Also, alot of people are gonna get it for Christmas instead. Their parents just bought them Sugar-Fit Spam Kingdom: Maniacal Giggles Edition (Halo), which comes with an unlockable Benny Hill Theme Song track to play during games. That or COD. So, alot of parents aren't going to reward them with getting them another game so soon. They're gonna get AC:B and wrap it up and give it to them at Christmas, especially since it pains them to see one of the $60 games "go to waste" by sitting on the shelf while the other one is played. They want to feel they're getting the most bang for their buck, and figure by December their kid will have played out COD or Halo for the most part.

So really, I only expect the community to grow! And again, I don't think I've been in a game that wasn't full yet aside from a handful of times at like 4 in the morning Pacific time, where we played 6 for a game or two till it filled again. I think we'll see another boom come Christmas!

First off, you make a lot of good points. That being said, you have a horrible basis for which you are founding your argument. A person's age, while relative to their attention span, is not indicative as to what games they will try, like, or succeed in. I disagree with your stance that the younger generation has "killed" gaming. Quite the opposite, the younger generation will evolve gaming into what it will be and we will be left in the dust (just as grandma only plays rummy and hearts, you will only play golden age Gears of War and Madden). The old games are great for what they were, but really...really? Games are only getting better. Just because some spazes play mp games like chickens with their heads cut off does not mean the game is to blame. Neither does the age of the spaz.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by lillylemons:
First off, you make a lot of good points. That being said, you have a horrible basis for which you are founding your argument. A person's age, while relative to their attention span, is not indicative as to what games they will try, like, or succeed in. I disagree with your stance that the younger generation has "killed" gaming. Quite the opposite, the younger generation will evolve gaming into what it will be and we will be left in the dust (just as grandma only plays rummy and hearts, you will only play golden age Gears of War and Madden). The old games are great for what they were, but really...really? Games are only getting better. Just because some spazes play mp games like chickens with their heads cut off does not mean the game is to blame. Neither does the age of the spaz.
Well said!!!

Honestly, though, very little change has been made to the now-successful formula of the FPS other than the number of games and the quality of the graphics in recent times.

Some older FPS games have elements which make them more strategic than a lot of the newer run-and-gun titles.

Same goes for third-person shooters, though there are a couple of exceptions.

I'm hoping the new Deus Ex takes some interesting steps in the right direction, but no idea if it'll have multiplayer (or if multiplayer would even be a particularly good idea given the context).

Assassin's Creed does something new and different, but it's more the older players picking it up, and the games which are just reskinned versions of the same title a year ago sell like hotcakes to the younger gamers.

There are exceptions, and like I said previously, the majority of those "ADHD kiddies" would probably quite enjoy Brotherhood as a change of pace, if nothing else, but it's not what they're looking at right now. get the few who are interested already to promote it to their friends, and we have an expanded player-base.

castillo123
11-22-2010, 07:56 PM
i think its just that we freeze or atleast me i have ***in tried to cancel when i dont get it and it wont cancel it tells me to w8 so i have to quit the damn game