PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a more or less newbie

WildeSau1975
04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

I have a few questions - hope you can answer them.

1) I wanted to fly with the Val and cant get the gun sight working - it seems to be closed. Is there a way to open it?

2) While flying the Val, I changed to the rear gunner by pressing "C". I could man the gun by using the mouse but it didn´t fire when I pressed the mouse button. Is there something special to do?

3) How is the command called for the dive break when flying the Val or the Stuka to not dive too fast?

4) I saw that there should be a way to lean out of the cockpit to see better. I found the button to open the cockpit window (sorry, I am german speaking...therefore my English isnt very good...) and I also found the command for changing seat position and assigned a button to it - but it not seem to work - at least not in the Zero. Is there somethng special to do?

Thank you all - by the way - this flight sim is just great. Flew today the first time by setting the object details to "Perfect" - this graphics are just to cool.

Michael the "WildeSau"

WildeSau1975
04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi all,

I have a few questions - hope you can answer them.

1) I wanted to fly with the Val and cant get the gun sight working - it seems to be closed. Is there a way to open it?

2) While flying the Val, I changed to the rear gunner by pressing "C". I could man the gun by using the mouse but it didn´t fire when I pressed the mouse button. Is there something special to do?

3) How is the command called for the dive break when flying the Val or the Stuka to not dive too fast?

4) I saw that there should be a way to lean out of the cockpit to see better. I found the button to open the cockpit window (sorry, I am german speaking...therefore my English isnt very good...) and I also found the command for changing seat position and assigned a button to it - but it not seem to work - at least not in the Zero. Is there somethng special to do?

Thank you all - by the way - this flight sim is just great. Flew today the first time by setting the object details to "Perfect" - this graphics are just to cool.

Michael the "WildeSau"

major_setback
04-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Ctrl+D for the sight.

Unsure of the others, but look in the 'controls' section on the main game page.
I'm sure you can assign a key to lower the dive brakes.

Pressing 'c' will only get you to the next crewman position, to activatre that position you have to do something else, Im unsure but try pressing 'A' to togle the auto-crewman off.

You can't lean out of the cockpit, but the seat position should raise when you press the assigned key (only on certain aircraft though).

Waldo.Pepper
04-02-2007, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can't lean out of the cockpit, but the seat position should raise when you press the assigned key (only on certain aircraft though). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But only if you are not in gunsight view. You have to be in wide angle view IIRC.

Lurch1962
04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
To raise your seat...

When in the appropriate aircraft (only selected ones which shipped also with Pacific Fighters, e.g., Zero and Wildcat), you must change your viewpoint so that you are seated in the "lean back" position, i.e., not in the "leaning forward" gunsight view mode.

--Lurch--

PBNA-Boosher
04-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Here's a better way to lean out. Go to the gunner's seat and swing the gun all the way to one side. Then using your hat switch pull the view to face the front of the aircraft. Viola! You now are looking slightly to the side of your plane.

Yellow_Sub
04-03-2007, 03:07 AM
2+3)

Go to 'Steuerung' (Controls) assign a key to 'Bremsklappen' they are the dive brakes for dive bombers and make sure under 'Bordschtzen-Steuerung' (Gunner-Controll) your left mouse button is assigned to 'Feuer' (Fire).

OT: Kabinenhaube = canopy