PDA

View Full Version : I hate Ubisoft

Wojak0074
11-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi ! I from Poland and I wanna tell something about Ubi....
Ubisoft was my favorite developer, they had best games, but everyting changed when i buy AC Brotherhood.I bought it in pre order in August, it was Codex Edition.I was very happy I have AC II and it its fantastic game, I'm sure that Brotherhood will be better.But the point is that, Ubisoft lied us.They said premiere on EVERY platform will be in November, then I heard that Ubisoft is shifting pc premier to 2011, they dont even tell why !!! But thats only begining.Beta was only for PS3, for God sake why are WORST !!! Even xbox 360 didn't have Beta, but ok.Then i saw information saying that we wil have 6 free dlc's and we will see Copernicus YAY !!!!(I from Poland).But then i saw something terrible... ONLY FOR PS3 ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!! AC 3 will be my last game from Ubisoft.

I don't now how it is in other countries, but pc and xbox 360 community in Poland is very very angry...

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Deathgrim666
11-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Dude sony payed for the content its not ubisofts fault and they payed for the beta and do u really want a pc game that was not done fully?

Chill out.

Immortal_Lestat
11-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I heard that the DC will be on the 360 it just won't be free like on the PS3.

jesiah35
11-06-2010, 05:01 AM
I would like to see the PC version right away even if it's not done, that's what patch's are for. it would be easy enough to release it then patch it later. thus i agree with wojak, the assassin's creed games will be the last games i get from ubisoft

MT4K
11-06-2010, 05:12 AM
ok, i'm primarily a pc gamer myself

i have noticed something here

if they release an unfinished game, people will complain saying "they should of waited longer before releasing it" even if they have patched it

if they wait longer to make sure it is as bug free as they can make it before launching it to the world of varied computers, people still complain about the delay

game companies cannot win it seems http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

jonny5isalive15
11-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Immortal_Lestat:

can you tell me where you heard this please? thanks

DeafAtheist
11-06-2010, 05:29 AM
Just cuz we really needed another whining post about exclusive content and the delayed PC release http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BioPulse.ps3
11-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by jonny5isalive15:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Immortal_Lestat:

can you tell me where you heard this please? thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you dont have to hear it anywhere, it's called common sense. why would ubi not put out dlc for the 360 or the pc. will the dlc come out at the same time as the ps3, probably not because ubi made a deal with sony, but that doesn't mean that the dlc will not come out for other platforms in the future.

TheLeoCrow
11-06-2010, 06:03 AM
The DLC isn't exclussive to PS3, the free part is exclussive. If you pay close attention to what every game site talks about it, you will see it, don't just read the words but also pay attension to what they say and how.

As for the pc version, it will probably have any dlc's built in the game, just like AC2.

andrei_leading
11-06-2010, 06:21 AM
If game is released in XBOX first, the users of XBOX will complain??? NO. Im a PS3 user, im happy Sony decided to get something interesting for users.

tjbyrum1
11-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Dude, you just don't understand.

No one is sure if they can finish a game up before a release date. They simply cannot finish it before release, or they may have begun developing it at a later time, or like most games on PC, they need to dig out the bugs.

They didn't go "I have an idea, let's delay the game for PC". No, they did what they had to do, and people like you just have to accept that.

Abeonis
11-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Wojak0074:
AC 3 will be my last game from Ubisoft.

Oh, so you're going to be buying Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed III (the last game in the series), and then stop playing AC games.... I think Ubi can live with that.

DarkicoN14
11-06-2010, 08:40 AM
I say ubi should just release the PC version on november 16th just so pc gamers will stop complaining and see why they were going to wait until febuary to finnish it. its not that big of a deal, besides there are other games out there if your into FPS take up COD black ops or BF bad company 2.

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:44 AM
omg,frick on a stick!...guys can we move on to content related stuff. it is a week and 2 days before release for xbox/ps3. i have a ps3 and im tired of all the dumb girlish cries about how u were cheated bc u didnt buy a ps3, this is like the first time a game (for both xbox/ps3) sided with ps3. Now lets all get over it and make posts about stuff relative to the game.

DominantSpec
11-06-2010, 12:40 PM
HEY !!! calm down THE PC IS MORE COMPLEX !!! It takes longer to develop. LET ME ASK YOU THIS Do you want a glitchy, broken product now or a polished product later? When are you ever gonna learn. Like others said, ubisoft want the best for there fans. you'd be *****ing for days straight about the glitches that would occur. YOU WANT A EXAMPLE OF A GAME THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELAYED ???? Fallout New Vegas. !!! now what..... wait for it, buy a ps3 or shut up.

bmic31
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I am SO mad that Mass Effect 2 is NOT on the PS3 yet. This makes me soooo blinded by madness I am lucky that I can even type this HATE FILLED MESSAGE OMG.

Okay, seriously now. We all need to remember that these are games, and they are for entertainment purposes. These aren't life and death. This isn't even life-changing. It is a game. Be happy it's coming out and not a platform exclusive maybe? Wouldn't it be horrible for you if they chose to only release the AC games on PS3/Xbox like some games do? Or worse yet.. ONLY ON PS3??? lol

These topics are just getting ridiculous.

TheLeoCrow
11-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I have to say that i work in a electronics store, and also sell some games. I am the one who chooses the games we get and i never order pc games (unless it is for myself) because most pc gamers aren't willing to pay retail price for games. I know how it sounds, but it's the truth.

(and yes, i will buy brotherhood from play.com not from where i work because i want the codex edition and it will most probably not be available here, just like the black wasn't available for AC2)

AubreyWilborn
11-06-2010, 06:30 PM
What the heck are you talking about PC gamers not wanting to pay full price? I''ll ALWAYS pay full price for a game I like.

And to all you folks saying Ubisoft "needs" the delay to make a fully-polished game: you guys are naive and silly. The delay of the PC version has NOTHING to do with making a quality game.

If that was the case, why do you think Ubisoft would advertise the PC version of ACB in MAY, as being ready to ship in November?

AubreyWilborn
11-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Just cuz we really needed another whining post about exclusive content and the delayed PC release http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Of course we needed another post. We need a million-then maybe Ubisoft will get their minds right, and start doing better business when it comes to the PC crowd.

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Of course we needed another post. We need a million-then maybe Ubisoft will get their minds right, and start doing better business when it comes to the PC crowd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no we dont...we need to post constructive things on the furoms to help/(constructively)entertain players.

AubreyWilborn
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
constructive things
Posts like this ARE constructive. It's democracy, man. Even though this forum must be predominantly console gamers-posts like this show that the PC gaming industry is still here, and it ain't happy about being played by Ubisoft.

And I strongly empathize with the OP: ACB will likely be my last AC game-probably even my last Ubisoft game. Forget about AC3. Heck, at this rate that game might not even be released for the PC.

afrothunder520
11-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by bmic31:
I am SO mad that Mass Effect 2 is NOT on the PS3 yet. This makes me soooo blinded by madness I am lucky that I can even type this HATE FILLED MESSAGE OMG.

Okay, seriously now. We all need to remember that these are games, and they are for entertainment purposes. These aren't life and death. This isn't even life-changing. It is a game. Be happy it's coming out and not a platform exclusive maybe? Wouldn't it be horrible for you if they chose to only release the AC games on PS3/Xbox like some games do? Or worse yet.. ONLY ON PS3??? lol

it is now or soon cant remember but it is

DarkicoN14
11-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by afrothunder520:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bmic31:

it is now or soon cant remember but it is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
jaunary

afrothunder520
11-06-2010, 09:19 PM
what i did last year to fix all problems simple i bought a ps3 xbox everyone has a computer

flyryassassin
11-06-2010, 09:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">constructive things
Posts like this ARE constructive. It's democracy, man. Even though this forum must be predominantly console gamers-posts like this show that the PC gaming industry is still here, and it ain't happy about being played by Ubisoft.

And I strongly empathize with the OP: ACB will likely be my last AC game-probably even my last Ubisoft game. Forget about AC3. Heck, at this rate that game might not even be released for the PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But what your saying isnt. ubi is pushing back release for pc bc its simply NOT READY!!! do you think ubi said "hmmm lets make thousands of people mad at us and mess with pc users"? i dont think so. and if the ps3/xbox version is finished why should we wait? we shouldn't, ubisoft is doing the right thing. like someone else said on here you would cry for weeks if you got the game on the 16th and it was a glitch train. if ur a hardcore gamer get a ps3/xbox and fix that problem yourself.

Rinkyu
11-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Everyone who's saying here that "the game isn't ready, stop your crying qq", are blind fools who haven't realized yet that the only reason Ubisoft is delaying the PC version is because they're so afraid of piratism, they'd rather have people buy the console versions. Oh and they're taking the time to implement their godawful DRM of "you have to be online every moment or get kicked off kthxbai". It's kind of funny though that last year with AC2, the people who pirated their games and used the crack, had a more stable playing experience than people who succumbed to the awful DRM.

WackoJacko_7
11-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Pc get alot of exclusive things, Xbox 360 get quite a bit too, Just coz PS3 is getting some exlusive stuff now you don't need to moan, i don't moan when things come out just for Xbox 360 or Pc ( i play PS3 ( coz there the best ))
So seriously mate, STFU , thanx http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mr_Shade
11-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Can I remind people that posting on the forums is a privilege - not a right.. So please do not post attacking Ubisoft.

If you wish to have any complaint took seriously, I suggest not using words such as ******...

Also any further chat about piracy will get the thread locked and removed - so please be aware of that.

I can see that a lot of new members have recently joined, and you may not always be aware that subjects such as this appear every week. If you wish to discuss this further, I suggest you drop the insults towards the company, and offer a mature and contructive debate on the subject.

It will not however, alter the fact that the PC version of the game, is being released after the Console versions. This has been decided for the past few months, and if you have followed the series, you would know it does happen...

AubreyWilborn
11-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by flyryassassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">constructive things

And I strongly empathize with the OP: ACB will likely be my last AC game-probably even my last Ubisoft game. Forget about AC3. Heck, at this rate that game might not even be released for the PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But what your saying isnt. ubi is pushing back release for pc bc its simply NOT READY!!! do you think ubi said "hmmm lets make thousands of people mad at us and mess with pc users"? i dont think so. and if the ps3/xbox version is finished why should we wait? we shouldn't, ubisoft is doing the right thing. like someone else said on here you would cry for weeks if you got the game on the 16th and it was a glitch train. if ur a hardcore gamer get a ps3/xbox and fix that problem yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the PC version isn't ready yet, WHY did Ubisoft advertise it as ready back in May? Why would they allow people to pre-order something that apparently wasn't even close to being ready? Thats the part that gets me the most about this whole thing. That sorta thing is dishonest, and wrong.

And it's gonna hurt ACB's PC sales as well, you know? I can already tell that ACB is an amazing game-well ahead of the adventure that was AC1, and the freakin' phenomenon that was AC2. Yet it well likely barely make a blip on the PC gaming radar. Twisted, dishonest practices like these wierd delays are putting so many potential customers off of Ubisoft's products. And it's like they don't even care.

AubreyWilborn
11-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Can I remind people that posting on the forums is a privilege - not a right.. So please do not post attacking Ubisoft.

If you wish to have any complaint took seriously, I suggest not using words such as ******...

Also any further chat about piracy will get the thread locked and removed - so please be aware of that.

I can see that a lot of new members have recently joined, and you may not always be aware that subjects such as this appear every week. If you wish to discuss this further, I suggest you drop the insults towards the company, and offer a mature and contructive debate on the subject.

It will not however, alter the fact that the PC version of the game, is being released after the Console versions. This has been decided for the past few months, and if you have followed the series, you would know it does happen...

Mr. Shade-can you answer me this one question? Why did Ubisoft advertise the game as being ready in May, if when they KNEW they were gonna hold the game back 'till....Febuary/March/April? Why wouldn't they just say up front that they were gonna hold the game back? Why the deception?

Simple answers to these questions will suffice.

Mr_Shade
11-07-2010, 09:25 AM

Mr. Shade-can you answer me this one question? Why did Ubisoft advertise the game as being ready in May, if when they KNEW they were gonna hold the game back 'till....Febuary/March/April? Why wouldn't they just say up front that they were gonna hold the game back? Why the deception?

Simple answers to these questions will suffice. It was never 'ready' in May?

It was announced to be expected to be released in November, however as you know, release dates are ALL subject to change...

Unfortunate for us, the PC version release date did just that.. change..

They announced it as soon as they knew for sure that it was being changed, however it appears many people where unaware of it.

The past few months a few games have 'slipped' - and had altered release dates, it is just one of the unfortunate sides of gaming.. Things happen, games get delayed, and not just ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

DRskiTTlets4528
11-07-2010, 04:01 PM
its because assassins creed was meant to be a ps3 exclusive, so that why the dlc is free for ps3

FrankieSatt
11-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by DRskiTTlets4528:
its because assassins creed was meant to be a ps3 exclusive, so that why the dlc is free for ps3

That's a load of BS. Assassin's Creed was never meant to be a PS3 exclusive. Please show something to back that up.

bokeef04
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRskiTTlets4528:

That's a load of BS. Assassin's Creed was never meant to be a PS3 exclusive. Please show something to back that up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when AC1 was first starting to be develop i do believe it was going to be a PS3 exclusive, and heres a link (http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729420p1.html)

as Shade said, games get delayed all the time, also, every game company allows their games to be pre-ordered before they are ready, if you believe that companies wait until the game is finished and ready before allowing pre-orders your mistaken, it's also the reason so many sites have wrong dates, because they put it up for pre-order before even the company knows when it will be ready

AubreyWilborn
11-07-2010, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

Simple answers to these questions will suffice. It was never 'ready' in May?

It was announced to be expected to be released in November, however as you know, release dates are ALL subject to change...

Unfortunate for us, the PC version release date did just that.. change..

They announced it as soon as they knew for sure that it was being changed, however it appears many people where unaware of it.

The past few months a few games have 'slipped' - and had altered release dates, it is just one of the unfortunate sides of gaming.. Things happen, games get delayed, and not just ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok...I guess that's a solid answer. Thanks.

It really sucks that it did get delayed, though. When I saw the pre-order advert in May, with the PC box standing next to the PS3 and XBOX boxes, I thought that that was PROOF that the PC version would indeed be ready in November.

Raghsak
11-08-2010, 05:28 PM
All of you kids who are complaining about the DLC/Beta being PS3 exclusive, you should really just be happy you're getting the series at all.

Assassin's Creed was originally going to be PS3 exclusive. THE WHOLE GAME. Permanently. As in, it would never be released for 360.

You guys whine about everything, maybe that's why nobody wants to play on the 360. Maybe that's why the beta was PS3 exclusive, so testers would actually give constructive criticism about the MP, instead of just complaining about it being too hard or something.

If you don't like it, play something else. It's that easy.

Razrback16
11-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by MT4K:
ok, i'm primarily a pc gamer myself

i have noticed something here

if they release an unfinished game, people will complain saying "they should of waited longer before releasing it" even if they have patched it

if they wait longer to make sure it is as bug free as they can make it before launching it to the world of varied computers, people still complain about the delay

game companies cannot win it seems http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Not true at all -- the common sense thing would be to simply release all platforms on the same date...

Razrback16
11-09-2010, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by flyryassassin:
i have a ps3 and im tired of all the dumb girlish cries about how u were cheated bc u didnt buy a ps3, this is like the first time a game (for both xbox/ps3) sided with ps3. Now lets all get over it and make posts about stuff relative to the game.

lol -- no one was cheated because they didn't buy a PS3. While the PS3 is a good gaming system, its downfall is the same as every other console. Limited resolution and IQ. The PC gamers, while having to wait a bit longer to play, will have superior IQ right from the get-go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Razrback16
11-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by bmic31:

Why would you want to play a game like that on a graphically inferior system? Play it on the PC where any game that is dependent upon high IQ and resolution should be played.

Razrback16
11-09-2010, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
I have to say that i work in a electronics store, and also sell some games. I am the one who chooses the games we get and i never order pc games (unless it is for myself) because most pc gamers aren't willing to pay retail price for games. I know how it sounds, but it's the truth.

(and yes, i will buy brotherhood from play.com not from where i work because i want the codex edition and it will most probably not be available here, just like the black wasn't available for AC2)

Assassin's Creed is a game I would pre-order if it didn't have dirty DRM in it, but it's all good. I'll just wait till the price comes down on Amazon. Doesn't take long usually. Got AC2 for $20 about 2-3 weeks after PC release.

Razrback16
11-09-2010, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyryassassin:

But what your saying isnt. ubi is pushing back release for pc bc its simply NOT READY!!! do you think ubi said "hmmm lets make thousands of people mad at us and mess with pc users"? i dont think so. and if the ps3/xbox version is finished why should we wait? we shouldn't, ubisoft is doing the right thing. like someone else said on here you would cry for weeks if you got the game on the 16th and it was a glitch train. if ur a hardcore gamer get a ps3/xbox and fix that problem yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the PC version isn't ready yet, WHY did Ubisoft advertise it as ready back in May? Why would they allow people to pre-order something that apparently wasn't even close to being ready? Thats the part that gets me the most about this whole thing. That sorta thing is dishonest, and wrong.

And it's gonna hurt ACB's PC sales as well, you know? I can already tell that ACB is an amazing game-well ahead of the adventure that was AC1, and the freakin' phenomenon that was AC2. Yet it well likely barely make a blip on the PC gaming radar. Twisted, dishonest practices like these wierd delays are putting so many potential customers off of Ubisoft's products. And it's like they don't even care. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't feel like you have to boycott the company completely -- just wait till the price drops. Significantly. Before purchasing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr_Shade
11-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Just to confirm, if you have not seen already..

The extra content is only side missions, it does not add to the single player story at all..

Razrback16
11-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Just to confirm, if you have not seen already..

The extra content is only side missions, it does not add to the single player story at all..

Mr. Shade -- do you know if the DLC will be included in the PC version like it was with AC2?

Thx.

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 06:42 AM
*sigh

recently all games are made for the consoles first and then months later for the pc, because they want to get people to buy the consoles. i think ubisoft has some kind of contract with sony and microsoft to wait 3 months with the pc version (like most game developers).

Drakenkanon

FrankieSatt
11-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Raghsak:
All of you kids who are complaining about the DLC/Beta being PS3 exclusive, you should really just be happy you're getting the series at all.

Assassin's Creed was originally going to be PS3 exclusive. THE WHOLE GAME. Permanently. As in, it would never be released for 360.

You guys whine about everything, maybe that's why nobody wants to play on the 360. Maybe that's why the beta was PS3 exclusive, so testers would actually give constructive criticism about the MP, instead of just complaining about it being too hard or something.

Says one article from a PS3 source. Show me something from a neutral source.

I'm sorry, but all this "Console Elitism" really irks me. Both have their negatives and positives and neither one is supeior over the other. There should NEVER be exclusives of any kind.

It just makes Ubi look bad to give exclusives to one console over another.

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 07:01 AM

I'm sorry, but all this "Console Elitism" really irks me. Both have their negatives and positives and neither one is supeior over the other. There should NEVER be exclusives of any kind.

It just makes Ubi look bad to give exclusives to one console over another.

maby they coded the game for the ps3 and then transferred to the 360, if that is true the game for the ps3 whould most likeley be finished further than the 360 version. and of course they want to show the best version available to the public.

bokeef04
11-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Frankie was talking about the exclusive missions in the ps3 version because SONY PAID FOR IT, ubisoft didn't just say "let's screw xbox over and release some dlc on ps3 only, it will be fun" sony said "i'll give you Xmillions to make something for only ps3 users" where microsoft didn't

did anyone ever think maybe Microsoft pay Ubisoft to release the PC version later so they can make more money?

zarketheiksar
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
To all the the PC gamers.... do we really want it for PC? They always screw us over on the PC. *Looks at over-the-top DRM*

A PERMANENT INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES - Basically, to play you have to have a perfect internet connection and if you lag for too long you lose all your progress.

**Not bashing Ubi, I just refuse to buy the PC version of the game.**

DeafAtheist
11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Of course we needed another post. We need a million-then maybe Ubisoft will get their minds right, and start doing better business when it comes to the PC crowd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mind a constructive post pointing out the problems people have with it but the TS came across like a whining 12 year old. As an Xbox 360 gamer I'm dismayed by the exclusive content myself, but I'm not gonna start a topic about hating Ubisoft and threatening to make ACB my final purchase of a Ubisoft title. Posts like that are counter-productive and a waste of time.

AubreyWilborn
11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

I don't mind a constructive post pointing out the problems people have with it but the TS came across like a whining 12 year old. As an Xbox 360 gamer I'm dismayed by the exclusive content myself, but I'm not gonna start a topic about hating Ubisoft and threatening to make ACB my final purchase of a Ubisoft title. Posts like that are counter-productive and a waste of time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I somewhat disagree. You can only be so constructive with things, especially if you feel like your money, and things you like are being tampered with.

At any rate, I'm done complaining on these forums, though. I'm about to stop posting on these forums period, because ACB is about to drop and I don't want the story spoiled for me.

Razrback16
11-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by zarketheiksar:
To all the the PC gamers.... do we really want it for PC? They always screw us over on the PC. *Looks at over-the-top DRM*

A PERMANENT INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES - Basically, to play you have to have a perfect internet connection and if you lag for too long you lose all your progress.

**Not bashing Ubi, I just refuse to buy the PC version of the game.**

The shady DRM practices on the PC version simply require a compromise from the consumer -- if you don't agree with the DRM (I'm with you -- I have a major problem with the Ubisoft DRM, like most people), just don't pay full retail for the game. I always just wait for it to come down to about one third of its retail release cost before I purchase. Just check Amazon.com often for a copy, that's what I did with AC2 -- got it for $20 about 3 weeks after it came out for PC. I'd pay $80 and pre-order if they would just get rid of the nasty DRM, and release it on schedule with the other platforms, especially since PC is the superior platform.

Raghsak
11-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raghsak:

It just makes Ubi look bad to give exclusives to one console over another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the original Assassin's Creed, with Altair. Not Brotherhood.

Anyway, the reason exclusive games exist is simply because the console makers want people to buy their consoles.

Let's say you REALLY like Halo. You're torn between PS3 and 360. Which will you get, taking into consideration your love for the Halo franchise?

360 every time. Because it has an exclusive which you really enjoy. That's how the system works.

I have all of the current generation consoles, and a gaming PC. I won't lie, I prefer PS3 for various reasons; but I won't be a ******* and ignore the strengths of the 360. The controller is more comfortable (yet, I've grown fond of the PS3's layout), LIVE is in many ways superior (yet, I'm cheap and I don't like hearing kids yap while I play), and it has a slightly more advanced GPU (I'm a graphics *****). The PS3's strengths still win me over, though.

In all honesty the PC really is the best platform, but rampant piracy and obnoxious DRM has led to the consoles getting more attention by developers. It sucks, but thats how it is.

Either way, you completely ignored the point of my post, which was that all this arguing is stupid in the grand scheme of things. Just be happy that the game is out at all, instead of complaining about DLC.

PC gamers are the only ones with anything to gripe about, really. I'd be annoyed too if I was stuck waiting 4 or 5 months for a game that had already been released for the other platforms.