PDA

View Full Version : will there be more assassination missions in revelations than in brotherhood?



ajl992008
08-29-2011, 12:45 PM
in brotherhood there were only 4 assassination targets which were RELEVANT to the story and tbh i didnt like any of them, ac2 and ac1 had much better assassinations, acb's templar agent missions however were actually very good assassinations but were not part of the main story so my question is will there be more assassination targets than in acb, i want there to be as many as ac2 as this was the only thing that was a let down for by in brotherhood and really annoyed me bcoz assassinations are really the main aspect of the game and so there needs to be as many as ac2, i wudnt mind less if they r good assassinations but we need a good number, if a forum moderator can answer this for me it would be well appreciated, thanks.

D.I.D.
08-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Forum moderators don't know any more than we do. We've all got to wait for November.

Animuses
08-29-2011, 12:51 PM
The number of Templars wasn't the problem, but the lack of meaning behind each assassination. I just felt like they were all useless men kissing Cesare's ***. Even Cesare himself wasn't even done right. So much could've been done, but they just portrayed him as a greedy, power hungry ******.

D.I.D.
08-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
The number of Templars wasn't the problem, but the lack of meaning behind each assassination. I just felt like they were all useless men kissing Cesare's ***. Even Cesare himself wasn't even done right. So much could've been done, but they just portrayed him as a greedy, power hungry ******.

Have you read much about the Borgias? Cesare was one of history's most scurrilous power-mad figures. They did make him quite a pantomime character as the villain of the game, but not without justification.

Calvarok
08-29-2011, 01:27 PM
^that^

If I'm not mistaken, every single multiplayer character will be a Templar Agent mission, and some of them will need to have their missions completed before you get them in multiplayer.

Since they're scrapping all other kinds of side assassination missions besides the Assassin's Dens, I'd imagine that the extra manpower they have to work solely on Templar Agent missions will make them a lot more interesting, extensive, and replayable. But as to there being more missions than Brotherhood, we don't know, but I doubt it, because Brotherhood had all those "Assassination" missions where the objective was actually to go fight a big battle.

The amount of true quality assassination missions will likely be more.

What I'm most excited about is that if DLC comes with new multi characters, it might also come with singleplayer assassinations for said characters. : )

Animuses
08-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
Have you read much about the Borgias? Cesare was one of history's most scurrilous power-mad figures. They did make him quite a pantomime character as the villain of the game, but not without justification.
As I previously stated, they JUST portrayed him as a greedy, power hungry ******. They didn't make him Templar-ish.

Calvarok
08-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
Have you read much about the Borgias? Cesare was one of history's most scurrilous power-mad figures. They did make him quite a pantomime character as the villain of the game, but not without justification.
As I previously stated, they JUST portrayed him as a greedy, power hungry ******. They didn't make him Templar-ish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well he actually did believe that he was destined to rule Italy and that he should be allowed to use whatever means nessesary to do so. Delusion like that is pretty Templarish. Obviously he didn't think of himself as a bad guy, and I think they got that across pretty well. I hated how every Templar had such a well planned out justification for what they did in AC1. Most people who live to do things that are considered evil just shut out logic and don't even think about it, even though they believe in their cause.

It's unrealistic for every Templar in AC to have thought their actions through properly.

But I will agree that the ones who have can sometimes be more interesting.

ShaneO7K
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:

Well he actually did believe that he was destined to rule Italy and that he should be allowed to use whatever means nessesary to do so. Delusion like that is pretty Templarish. Obviously he didn't think of himself as a bad guy, and I think they got that across pretty well. I hated how every Templar had such a well planned out justification for what they did in AC1. Most people who live to do things that are considered evil just shut out logic and don't even think about it, even though they believe in their cause.

It's unrealistic for every Templar in AC to have thought their actions through properly.

But I will agree that the ones who have can sometimes be more interesting.

I don't think it was unrealistic for them to believe what they were doing was right, they just believed that piece could be brought no other way. Their cause was good but not their actions. When almost each of them believed in the same cause and that it needed to happen ofcourse they are going to have their actions thought through properly.

Cesare believed himself to be above man, all he wanted was to rule Italy. It seemed as if he could care less for the goals of the templar as a whole because his own greed came first. He would panic at the first sign of danger.
Rodrigo, though he also had a bit of an ego, was a better enemy that Cesare.
But IMO Robert De Sable was the best templar so far.

But the only real templars that were delusional were the Borgias.