PDA

View Full Version : Managing the fire team more effectivly

jagtigermk2
03-26-2005, 07:48 AM
I love this game, i think it is great, i get enjoyment by diving and hearing the diesel engines cut out and the electrics kicking in, very cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I am getting a bit bugged over managing the fireteam. I would rather see the fireteam do 1 job and move on to the next, instead of manually having to replace them after they finish fixing a compartment. That way you can set the fireteam prioritys to which things to fix first, i would rather choose what thing to individually fix instead of choosing 1 compartment as a whole.

Oh and another thing, how can you see the rate of flooding in this game, and if you can cope with the rate of flood.?

jagtigermk2
03-26-2005, 07:48 AM
I love this game, i think it is great, i get enjoyment by diving and hearing the diesel engines cut out and the electrics kicking in, very cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I am getting a bit bugged over managing the fireteam. I would rather see the fireteam do 1 job and move on to the next, instead of manually having to replace them after they finish fixing a compartment. That way you can set the fireteam prioritys to which things to fix first, i would rather choose what thing to individually fix instead of choosing 1 compartment as a whole.

Oh and another thing, how can you see the rate of flooding in this game, and if you can cope with the rate of flood.?

TASKFORCE1x1
03-26-2005, 07:54 AM
For the fireteam as long as each compartment has someone in it they will repair minor problems. If you need some damage control fast assemble a team and put Fritz in charge. Hes got a repair ability. and you will need all the men you can get so max out your team is you can then instruct them to the part of the uboat you need repaired. You will see the wrench start to move. Also the more green the better.

one.zero
03-27-2005, 03:04 PM
This problem is at the core of the crew managment system. The devs added all these interactive crew members, supervisors and officers with some, not all the promised commands. At persent, these crew members are far from knowledgeable of their jobs, they do increase in their knoweldge over time, but they must be baby sat continuously.

My grip is this. A captain runs the ship and the exec implements things. Why does the captain set watchs each and every time? Why does the captain have to micro manage everything? this crew managment **** should be optional for micro manage or not.

Let the supervisors and officers do thier jobs in this game. I have enough to worry about aside from telling some seaman to go rest or stand watch. This stuff was on system in the real u-boat....make it a system here as well...one that you can intervene as nessesary.