PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Jane's FA/18 To Any Other Jet Flight Sim

Breeze147
03-07-2008, 06:13 AM
There is no comparison. FA/18 has the best avionics and the best carrier ops, period. Falcon and LOMAC can't scratch FA/18's butt. The Thirdwire series is a joke, with the exception of maybe Wings Over Vietnam with the Yankee Air Pirate add-on, although landing on a carrier is like a fly landing on fly paper.

59 year old ******** gets his $.02USD in.

Whirlin_merlin
03-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Breeze147:
There is no comparison. FA/18 has the best avionics and the best carrier ops, period. Falcon and LOMAC can't scratch FA/18's butt. The Thirdwire series is a joke, with the exception of maybe Wings Over Vietnam with the Yankee Air Pirate add-on, although landing on a carrier is like a fly landing on fly paper.

59 year old ******** gets his $.02USD in.

mention of Janes F/A18 in the other thread got me all warmed up. I used to love it, I've been looking and can't find my old disk if I do find it will I be able to install it in XP?

Bit harsh to call the third wire stuff a joke, it never claimed to be anything other than 'sim-light', it fills a different niche to stuff like the Janes sim. The latest incarnation Wings over Israel is rather entertaining IMO, but a very different experience to Janes F/A18.

Breeze147
03-07-2008, 07:37 AM
FA/18 will not only work with XP, it will work with Vista as well. Check out the Team Super Hornet website, tsh.com.

roybaty
03-07-2008, 08:25 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif I dunno where my f/a 18 or Falcon CDs are, think I lost them when I moved a few years back. I had stopped playing them because of glitches when I tried to run them on XP, and couldn't use TIR with them. Got too frustrated and moved on.

sgilewicz
03-07-2008, 09:12 AM
It's probably just me but after playing Falcon 4.0 for a couple of years I tried Janes F/A-18 and was completely frustrated with the radar systems. Even with a bandit dirrectly in front of me at co-alt I had a *itch of a time getting a lock. After a couple of weeks experimenting I finally gave up (although I still have it!).

Regarding XP compatibility, I'm installing a "legacy" PC that will run Win98 and older NVidia drivers so I can fiddle with EAW, WW2 Fighters and maybe...Janes F/A-18. We'll see if I can get the hang of it this time. Never really had problems in Falcon 4.0 with radar modes. Wierd!