PDA

View Full Version : Gold or Bust?

ButtOwipoPC
10-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Dear flight sim fans...

I am a fan just like you and I am interested in buying PF, most likeley I will, but I have also learned my lesson after buying Lock On Modern Combat...

I bought that game and in reference to my computer specs it was a complete hog and I had major issues such as crashes and the like .As a longtime gamer of 25 years I have trust in Oleg's team but as we all know all games do not work well on all computers....

I have an AMD 64 3200+, 1600mhz AMD motherboard, 512 MB 400DDR and an ATI 9600...I can play IL2 and the expansion pack without a problem...

I SINCERELY, appreciate your feedback from general testing and what kind of specs you have...

ButtOwipoPC
10-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Dear flight sim fans...

I am a fan just like you and I am interested in buying PF, most likeley I will, but I have also learned my lesson after buying Lock On Modern Combat...

I bought that game and in reference to my computer specs it was a complete hog and I had major issues such as crashes and the like .As a longtime gamer of 25 years I have trust in Oleg's team but as we all know all games do not work well on all computers....

I have an AMD 64 3200+, 1600mhz AMD motherboard, 512 MB 400DDR and an ATI 9600...I can play IL2 and the expansion pack without a problem...

I SINCERELY, appreciate your feedback from general testing and what kind of specs you have...

TheJoyStick
10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sinfulnature:
Dear flight sim fans...

I SINCERELY, appreciate your feedback from general testing and what kind of specs you have... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PF runs extremely well on my PC, whereas FB/AEP kinda ran bad, and the original IL2 ran great on my PC too.

P4 1.5, 512 MB RAM, radeon 9600 pro

1.JaVA_Razer
10-26-2004, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sinfulnature:
Dear flight sim fans...

I SINCERELY, appreciate your feedback from general testing and what kind of specs you have... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IL2 is GPU intensive so a better video card is a possible upgrade somday.

Now I run IL2 + PF on oerfect with a AMD 2500+ @ 3200+ and 512MB RAM + 9800pro.

with your specs you should be able to play it on exellent/ perfect.

I'm not shure about perfect because it requires alot of the GPU apparently so that might be an issue.

Also if you have the money for it, buy some more ram 1024MB total maybe? I'm gonna do this to once the prices go down again. this will boost the experience even more

ButtOwipoPC
10-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys, it seems like it is the same old same old stable IL2 standard applied...

Yeah, I had 1 gig in my old system but sold it...wow what a difference it did to IL2 and AEP...my new memory is of 400DDR standard so the sticks are a little bit more expenseive...

I should probably get myself some more memory and get a new GPU during the holiday season...I am sure the ATI 9800's cards will sell for less now that the new series is out...

BM357_Raven
10-26-2004, 02:52 PM
My rig's not really a good one to test against, 2 gig Ram Hyperthreading and 9800 Pro (so my game's smooth as ice), but I bet those who run AEP just fine will notice little difference in PF..

GL!

Obi_Kwiet
10-26-2004, 06:33 PM
You might want a gig or RAM though. That really helped me!