PDA

View Full Version : Tube Doors Question

sp3irs
03-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi
Can someone tel me the benefits of manually opening and closing the torp doors (apart from reducing the time from when u give the order to fire to when the fish leaves the tube).
I kow that in games like sub command this would be more important (due to the noise caused), is it the same for this?

sp3irs
03-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi
Can someone tel me the benefits of manually opening and closing the torp doors (apart from reducing the time from when u give the order to fire to when the fish leaves the tube).
I kow that in games like sub command this would be more important (due to the noise caused), is it the same for this?

JakeD2005
03-19-2005, 07:56 AM
I dont have the game but I would suspect manual openings would reduce battery usage...

sdj420
03-19-2005, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sp3irs:
Hi
I kow that in games like sub command this would be more important (due to the noise caused), is it the same for this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think of it the same as turning off the safety on a gun before going into battle. If you fail to open the door before shooing it will have to open first, delaying your shot. This delay affects your aim point such that you can miss the target entirely.

If you open the doors beforehand, the torpedoes will shoot as soon as you issue the fire command and your aim will be more true.

Elerium115ufo
03-19-2005, 10:25 PM
I was having alot of trouble hitting my targets with torps before. Then I started opening my tube doors 5 or so seconds before I fire. I hit alot more often now, almost every time. If you dont open the doors, and just hit fire, the time it takes for the doors to open will make your torp solution off by a couple degrees. Its frustrating to watch your torpedo miss the back screws by 2 meters.