PDA

View Full Version : Just preordered Storm of War:Battle of Britain

gbollin
06-23-2006, 11:22 AM
I was at Game Stop in the Mall today.
I had them check for Storm of War:
Battle of Britain. It was available for
preorder for $49.99. I put $5.00 down
on it. They say it will be released in U.S.
in October 2006.

gbollin
06-23-2006, 11:22 AM
I was at Game Stop in the Mall today.
I had them check for Storm of War:
Battle of Britain. It was available for
preorder for $49.99. I put $5.00 down
on it. They say it will be released in U.S.
in October 2006.

EiZ0N
06-23-2006, 12:49 PM
You inspired me to have a look on Play.com for SOW:BOB and they do indeed have it for preorder, however look at the title:

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1021002/IL2_Storm_Of_Wa...Britain/Product.html (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1021002/IL2_Storm_Of_War_Battle_Of_Britain/Product.html)

They refer to it as IL2 - Storm Of War: Battle Of Britain.

Incidentally they say 3rd November 2006.

I wonder why.

gbollin
06-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I saw that too. Maybe its just wishfull thinking
on GameStops part, or maybe it might be released in the United States first this time.

SeaFireLIV
06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Personally, I think it`s a mistake to pre-order so early. I`ve seen people pre-order and are still waiting while others are buying it out of the store.

As for the date, well the official date release is November, which is probably going to be unlikely and run late.

Ignore any other store/online release dates as they do it to get early grabs on a potential sale, and when you go to them in October and say, "Where`s my BOB?" They`ll give you the ready-made answer of , "It`s been put back till November, typical game developers!"

gbollin
06-23-2006, 04:35 PM
I know what you mean, that is why I
only put $5.00 down on it so I can
be Flexible when paying for the rest of
the game. I paid full price for PF and got
the call from the store that came in.
When I went to pick it up they sold it someone
else who did not pre order it at all.

smokincrater
06-23-2006, 05:20 PM
I would get up them over the trade practices act over that one

FritzGryphon
06-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Or BoB could turn out to be a buggy, incomplete bomb, not worth buying.

Unlikely, sure, but it could happen. Another reason not to pre-order.

LEXX_Luthor
06-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Yea, think of the people who pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever back in 1997.

Dr...Watson
06-25-2006, 03:04 AM
I think I have pre-ordered every game I own from play.com

FS series, IL2, Trainz, TM, RBR, GT LEgends etc etc and they always send it the day of official release in the Uk.

I am going to pre-order it now.

It's always a bit cheaper (sometimes alot, I just ordered Brothers In Arms for 9.99) and its free delivery to Europe.

I would pay around 2.5x as much for the German version here in Switzerland.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Pre-ordering 6 months early is awfully optimistic IMO. I hate to be a nay-sayer but I wouldn't expect its release before '07.

TB

RamsteinUSA
06-26-2006, 09:24 AM
I pre-ordered the first IL2 FB from Ubi a few years back, and never again will I ever pre-order anything. They still had not shipped the order 3 weeks after it hit the store shelves. Never again for me.

jamesdietz
06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
As I recall from Pacific Fighters release the people who seemed to get it first ordered directly from ubi.soft's on line store...My own experience with Gamestop is that they had it last...I know regardless of when it comes out I'll buy & then prob'ly sit around holding it & gazing fondly at the box art,while I wait for the real experts in this forum to tell me what new PC & new software I have to buy to make it run its best & be well prepared for the future add-ons....