PDA

View Full Version : AIR STARTS ON SUNK CARRIERS HELP!



wor_raven
01-02-2005, 08:28 PM
It seems that one of my carriers when sunk on a Dog Fight map gives the players an air start off 2000.Mtrs. ive tried moving it close to land changing type of carrier but they still get air starts the othe one dose not is this a new bug ?? any ideas?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

wor_raven
01-02-2005, 08:28 PM
It seems that one of my carriers when sunk on a Dog Fight map gives the players an air start off 2000.Mtrs. ive tried moving it close to land changing type of carrier but they still get air starts the othe one dose not is this a new bug ?? any ideas?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

TheGozr
01-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Read..
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=2851056752

wor_raven
01-02-2005, 08:51 PM
IM with ya Gozr but there has been no answer yet
why dosnt the other carrier do it those plains fall ito the water just this one carrier it screws up the whole idea behind the map i made

TheGozr
01-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Yes in Competion in PROWAR we have to make an agrement with the oposit team that when carriers are sunk no one will respawn there. That why home base Carriers will desapear on many maps of the competitions

VW-IceFire
01-02-2005, 09:48 PM
The least they could do is make the airstart at 500 meters and so not give so much of an advantage.

TAGERT.
01-03-2005, 12:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wor_raven:
It seems that one of my carriers when sunk on a Dog Fight map gives the players an air start off 2000.Mtrs. ive tried moving it close to land changing type of carrier but they still get air starts the othe one dose not is this a new bug ?? any ideas?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually this FEATURE is kind of neat.. In that I allways wanted the option of making some bases AIR STARTS and some GROUND STARTS. Reason being I wanted to make a base with BOMBERS an AIRSTART base and the bases with fighers GROUND START. This would encorage more bombers to fly in a DF server! So.. the question at hand for me.. Is how can I make it so the carriers is ALLWAYS SUNK from the START of the mission? Then I can place them around the map and only assign BOMBERS to them. If this could be done.. it sure would give us alot more options!!

wor_raven
01-03-2005, 05:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TAGERT.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wor_raven:
It seems that one of my carriers when sunk on a Dog Fight map gives the players an air start off 2000.Mtrs. ive tried moving it close to land changing type of carrier but they still get air starts the othe one dose not is this a new bug ?? any ideas?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually this FEATURE is kind of neat.. In that I allways wanted the option of making some bases AIR STARTS and some GROUND STARTS. Reason being I wanted to make a base with BOMBERS an AIRSTART base and the bases with fighers GROUND START. This would encorage more bombers to fly in a DF server! So.. the question at hand for me.. Is how can I make it so the carriers is ALLWAYS SUNK from the START of the mission? Then I can place them around the map and only assign BOMBERS to them. If this could be done.. it sure would give us alot more options!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>AAAAAAAA&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Leys stick to my question please dont be a lazy bomer pilot take the thing off from a far base.
now ...back to a solution

TAGERT.
01-04-2005, 11:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wor_raven:
AAAAAAAA&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Leys stick to my question please <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Emmmmmmmmmm Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa like mine better! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wor_raven:
dont be a lazy bomer pilot take the thing off from a far base. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah.. good.. So you too want to talk about it! It has nothing to do with LAZY and everything to do with the realities of a DF arena.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wor_raven:
now ...back to a solution <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Roger.. back to your bug which is my new feature! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Daiichidoku
01-05-2005, 12:05 AM
I have been in DF servers...(actually, one server in particular) where one of the squad members of that server intentionally takes a bomber from a landbase to sink his carrier...

When this is done, he then takes a 190 from the dead carrier, and bam! airstarts at 2000m....

ridiculous

TAGERT.
01-05-2005, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
I have been in DF servers...(actually, one server in particular) where one of the squad members of that server intentionally takes a bomber from a landbase to sink his carrier...

When this is done, he then takes a 190 from the dead carrier, and bam! airstarts at 2000m....

ridiculous <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmmm that is one way.. I was thinking.. Just have a carrier out somehwere and put an enmy sub near by and have it sink it.. Then set the respawn thing to 99 hr or something.. Then.. when the mission starts it will have to sink it.. but after that it should remain sunk.. Now if I could just adj the alt higher for the air starts!?!?!