PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Embers (Possible Revelations Spoilers)



twenty_glyphs
07-21-2011, 08:20 PM
The trailer for Assassin's Creed Embers debuted tonight on X-Play. It's a CGI short telling a story of Ezio that's coming with some of the special editions of the game (and probably to iTunes, etc.). The trailer may contain spoilers for Revelations that you're trying to avoid, so turn back now if you want to.

It wasn't stated, but it's obvious from the trailer that this is a story about Ezio that takes place several years after Revelations. Sorry to everyone expecting to see Ezio die in Revelations.

Ezio's hair is all white in addition to his beard, and he appears to have a wife and daughter who looks about 5 or 6 years old. The woman looks just like Sofia Sorto from the Game Informer article about Revelations, who will be a love interest in the game. The scenes in the trailer appear to take place in Venice and Tuscany. They show Ezio possibly writing his own Codex journal in a small house in Tuscany, and fighting some mysterious assailants in what is likely his own house in Tuscany. Age is obviously starting to take its toll on Ezio, and he won't be at his peak physical condition.

The CGI animation is pretty good quality, but not on the level of a feature film or anything. It's somewhat cartoonish-looking, like a Pixar film. I actually really like the way Ezio himself looks, and Sofia too. Here's the transcript of the trailer:


When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it.

[To Sofia] "I cannot seem to leave my past behind me."

And I know that at any moment, someone could come for me. Or my family.

I knew I would not have enough time to do everything, but now I worry that I do not have enough time to do anything.

AnthonyA85
07-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Interesting, i'll have to wait for it to go up on youtube (as i don't have Itunes or Xbox live or anything like that)

Jakob4242
07-21-2011, 08:43 PM
This isn't the trailer you're describing but it is for AC Embers.

Assassin's Creed Embers Trailer (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/54268/Comic-Con-2011-Assassins-Creed-Embers-Animated-Series-Trailer/)

kriegerdesgottes
07-21-2011, 09:04 PM
This is something I really need to see. Nothing on Youtube yet though unfortunately.

Mic_92
07-21-2011, 09:15 PM
That's cool, it would be a great end for Ezio but this whole thing reminds me too much of Red Dead Redemption so I'm a bit scared.

twenty_glyphs
07-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Jakob4242:
This isn't the trailer you're describing but it is for AC Embers.

Assassin's Creed Embers Trailer (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/54268/Comic-Con-2011-Assassins-Creed-Embers-Animated-Series-Trailer/)

The scenes in that clip are from the full trailer that I saw.

SevketErhat
07-22-2011, 01:41 AM
I want this full trailer right now

CRUDFACE
07-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
That's cool, it would be a great end for Ezio but this whole thing reminds me too much of Red Dead Redemption so I'm a bit scared.

Yeah, they're doing that allot. Like every time they bring up the side missions or some improvements to it, they make it sound like that instead of it's own thing.

blazefp
07-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by SevketErhat:
I want this full trailer right now

me too. where can i see it?

MarleyMon81
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Is AC Embers the animated film that comes with the Signature Edition of Revelations? I thought I remember hearing that it was, but the GS site does not list the title.

CRUDFACE
07-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Will they show the full trailer tomorrow?


Originally posted by MarleyMon81:
Is AC Embers the animated film that comes with the Signature Edition of Revelations? I thought I remember hearing that it was, but the GS site does not list the title.

Yeah, it is

thornebrook
07-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for sharing! Hope it gets put online soon. Looking forward to this short, and I'm glad it's different from Ascendance in terms of animation style.

CRUDFACE
07-22-2011, 07:16 PM
So I saw it on Tv by G4's comic con hour long thing. Actually, I just wanted to see the assassins creed stuff.

I swear, the way his wife was treating him was the same way you'd handle your grandpa, who has brittle bone disease...until you see the later half of the trailer. Can't wait till I can download it eventually

samward
07-23-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
So I saw it on Tv by G4's comic con hour long thing. Actually, I just wanted to see the assassins creed stuff.

I swear, the way his wife was treating him was the same way you'd handle your grandpa, who has brittle bone disease...until you see the later half of the trailer. Can't wait till I can download it eventually

Does that mean that they have already had the AC panel and showed the short? If not does anyone know if I can watch it online from the UK?

luxor_mag
07-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by samward:
If not does anyone know if I can watch it online from the UK?
There will be press coverage, but not livestreaming. Anyway you can read live blog here. (http://www.g4tv.com/comiccon-2011/panels-and-live-blogs/AssassinsCreedRevelationsPanel/128/)

samward
07-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Magistr2010:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:
If not does anyone know if I can watch it online from the UK?
There will be press coverage, but not livestreaming. Anyway you can read live blog here. (http://www.g4tv.com/comiccon-2011/panels-and-live-blogs/AssassinsCreedRevelationsPanel/128/) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers!