PDA

View Full Version : Subject 16 hype was gone after one minute of AC:R (maybe Spoilers)



ARIARAIDEN
11-23-2011, 05:15 PM
I remember S16 as the uber mysterious relative of Desmond which was very cool because nobody knew what the deal with him was.And then after few minutes of AC:R S16 feels like he was most normal thing in Desmonds life.In my opinion i was disappointed how the mystery was revealed.

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 05:30 PM
What confuses me the most is desmond was being kept alive by being plugged into the animus machine which in turn granted him enough time to go through the so called memorys which allowed him to return to his own timezone..

now in the original subject 16 killed himself apparently by severing a main artery which enabled him to create the writings in the lab with his own blood, and was confirmed dead within the originals storyline...

assuming obstergo failed to save subjects 16 life it would be prudent to assume they didnt leave him wired into the animus, however...

during desmonds escape its made clear the templars have many many animus machines at thier disposal so its easy to overlook the possiblity that they do indeed have him still wired up to one, which in turn explains how he can maintain his mind state on animus island...

but when he claims to be saving desmond in a matrix style fashion he appears to die from the process and also at a certain point holds a conversation with desmond that another body replacement may help him get of the island...

the fact desmond maintained a connection is what returned him to his body, but in light of the above how would subject 16 expect that a replacement body would work, after knowing that he killed himself unless it was meant to be wishful thinking on his part

even if you want to accept that his mind can be alive in the animus without being attached to the animus

that baffles me more than the fact i totally forgot about his exsitence in the first place...

Toa TAK
11-23-2011, 05:30 PM
You know, I kinda disagree. I really liked him, yeah he got a new VA, but it didn't bother me after the first few lines. He was kind of what I expected him to be like (minus the insanity).

dewgel
11-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm inbetween 2 here. I liked him, and I didn't.

I think the Desmond story this time around was really told poorly. The backstory, everything. The scene when 16 saves Desmond is terrible, I know we can piece together what was going on, but it was so random.

And his name, for christ sake. Different things like that annoy me. They rushed the Desmond bits I think

Altair661
11-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by S-EVANS:
What confuses me the most is desmond was being kept alive by being plugged into the animus machine which in turn granted him enough time to go through the so called memorys which allowed him to return to his own timezone..

now in the original subject 16 killed himself apparently by severing a main artery which enabled him to create the writings in the lab with his own blood, and was confirmed dead within the originals storyline...

assuming obstergo failed to save subjects 16 life it would be prudent to assume they didnt leave him wired into the animus, however...

during desmonds escape its made clear the templars have many many animus machines at thier disposal so its easy to overlook the possiblity that they do indeed have him still wired up to one, which in turn explains how he can maintain his mind state on animus island...

but when he claims to be saving desmond in a matrix style fashion he appears to die from the process and also at a certain point holds a conversation with desmond that another body replacement may help him get of the island...

the fact desmond maintained a connection is what returned him to his body, but in light of the above how would subject 16 expect that a replacement body would work, after knowing that he killed himself unless it was meant to be wishful thinking on his part

even if you want to accept that his mind can be alive in the animus without being attached to the animus

that baffles me more than the fact i totally forgot about his exsitence in the first place...

Alright, 1st off, S16 killed himself, he bled to death. He even says that his body is worm bait. Desmond, never did get injured or die. Because of being in the animus for almost a straight months he suffered from a un controllable bleeding effect. Then when he touched the apple and it made him stab Lucy he fell into that coma, which combined with the BE made his brain not able to differentiate the lives of Altair, Ezio and Desmond.

And the reason they couldn't save S16 is because he physically killed himself. He's still in the animus because he somehow (we're not really sure how) programmed himself into the animus system. His concious was lost in the animus because he suffered from the BE 10x worse than Desmond. So when he was able to find his synch nexus, his body was already gone..because he killed himself. And I think he considering using Desmond's body to get out. Partially because I think he's still a little messed up in the head.

Hopefully that explains your confusion. If you think about it, S16 is sort of like Ezio. Because of all that blood and "The Truth's" he was able to deliver a message to Desmond. He has passed and permantley deleted, as far as we know. That was his purpose I think, was to guide Desmond and ultimately save him. Just as Ezio's and Altair's was to guide a message across centuries.

And btw, 16 is an awesome character. I wish we'd hear more from him and what he meant about what he told Desmond in ACB.

CRUDFACE
11-23-2011, 07:19 PM
@S-EVANS: i think S16 died just as they say he did, but a part of him was left behind in the Animus. And I guess S16 thought Desmond could download him for a moment. Then later on somehow get a real body...which would mean killing someone else? He did know his body was gone after all. He said it was "worm food" himself.



Originally posted by dewgel:
I'm inbetween 2 here. I liked him, and I didn't.

I think the Desmond story this time around was really told poorly. The backstory, everything. The scene when 16 saves Desmond is terrible, I know we can piece together what was going on, but it was so random.

And his name, for christ sake. Different things like that annoy me. They rushed the Desmond bits I think

strangely enough, I think they say his name while you're wondering the island after a memory sequence. But since they don't tell you WHEN to come out for events like that, you never find out.

Altair661
11-24-2011, 02:04 AM
The name is in the Encyclopedia, it's Clay Kaczmarek.

itsamea-mario
11-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Anyone remember the Desmond trailer?
Dont you think it's funny how nothing in that trailer actually happened?..

Anyway, they could have done a bit more for desmind,
And possibly added a little more suspense for 16.

YHHTQ
11-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Anyone remember the Desmond trailer?
Dont you think it's funny how nothing in that trailer actually happened?..

Anyway, they could have done a bit more for desmind,
And possibly added a little more suspense for 16.
What trailer?

jmk1999
11-24-2011, 02:50 AM
moved to hints & tips for spoilers.

kriegerdesgottes
11-24-2011, 11:44 AM
I was kind of hoping that Desmond would recognize him as a relative when he saw him but apparently he is very distantly related. I think maybe it was a mistake for Ubisoft to release pretty much 90% of the subject 16 footage to IGN so most of us saw a lot of him before the game even came out.

AnthonyA85
11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
What i don't get, is why Desmond never asked him about the whole Eve thing (the truth sequence from ACB), 16 didn't say anything before because he didn't have the strength or time, but on Animus Island, he had plenty of both, and Desmond never once mentioned it.

YHHTQ
11-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
What i don't get, is why Desmond never asked him about the whole Eve thing (the truth sequence from ACB), 16 didn't say anything before because he didn't have the strength or time, but on Animus Island, he had plenty of both, and Desmond never once mentioned it.

I think that everything that happened concerning S16 in AC2 and AC:B was AFTER he was able to upload a part of his subconscious into the animus, before he had access to the Truth video.

zerocooll21
11-27-2011, 08:57 AM
He was handled very poorly. Does anyone know when/if the Devs will come out and comment on Lucy/S16 complaints?

Altair661
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
He was handled very poorly. Does anyone know when/if the Devs will come out and comment on Lucy/S16 complaints?

When we get our 30-40 minute long Altair sequences.