PDA

View Full Version : Cat 5.9 Catalyst Control Center?

choxaway
10-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Quote from the ATi site:'You must have Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to downloading and installing the Catalyst Control Center'
My games machine isn't connected to the net so do I assume there's no point in d/loading this .NET Framework thingy, transferring it to CD and installing it on my games machine? Does the Control Center not work without net access? What does the CCC do anyway that the normal control panel version doesn't?
Answers on a postcard to . . .

tjaika1910
10-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Skip the ccc and use ati tray tools instead.

It can do what ccc can, but specify for openGL/DirectX and for individual games. I have different setting for different games, including overclock-settings.

choxaway
10-05-2005, 03:35 PM
OK

Touchwood
10-05-2005, 04:10 PM
The .NET framework is essentially a programming framework... similar if you like to Visual Basic. If you don't use it, you don't need it. It's a programming language developed by M$. download the driver that doesn't use it.

choxaway
10-06-2005, 02:22 AM
I was interested in trying the adaptive a/a and it seemed the only way to activate it was via the CCC, according to certain threads. Can I still switch it on or off somewhere else because there's no reference to it in the standard AT1 control panel?

tjaika1910
10-06-2005, 03:46 AM
OK, maybe this could help:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...cf3a3&displaylang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en)

It looks like you can download it here and install it later on another pc.

Cat with CCC is a bigger package, but when I still used it I just downloaded the new Cat and CCC was present from previous install. Not sure if this is recommended though...

choxaway
10-06-2005, 04:43 AM
Yes I had a look at that page previously but it seems, after wading through the techno-speak that it requires a live connection to the web in order to activate the CCC's features. Unless I'm not getting this right, the functionality of the CCC requires live net feedback or access in order to operate?

pettera
10-06-2005, 07:31 AM
.NET hasn't anything to do with the internet access or access to any other net. It is a set of software libraries and tools that software developers use. So the CCC uses these libraries just like Word, Excel, Windows XP and most other software on your machine.

.NET is just a stupid name for the basic software platform that all Windows software is based on. So you probably have a lot of .NET already but the CCC need it to be up to date. It is not totally different from DirectX but much more fundamental.

So the bottom line: You don't need it unless you wan't to update your software - including drivers, Office,... just about anything.

Petter