PDA

View Full Version : Yeow! they've got a demo 600+Meg for MSFT FSX

nearmiss
09-25-2006, 11:55 AM
I just DL the demo for the new flight simulator. I'm wondering if we're gonna see a demo for the BOB?

You know that would get the juices flowing for a bunch of us.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

nearmiss
09-25-2006, 11:55 AM
I just DL the demo for the new flight simulator. I'm wondering if we're gonna see a demo for the BOB?

You know that would get the juices flowing for a bunch of us.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

mazexx
09-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Well, I think the FSX demo was only eyecandy. The same crappy flight models and nothing really new accept the graphics (which I've never liked anyway).

Here's another on that agree's on that:
Video of reactions regarding the fsx demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcW3hbnR2EI)

Yes, some don't like humor like that but I think it's time to move on (and it's really well done). I have a lot of relatives killed during the war by the germans (nearly my mom) but let's face it - well done satire is a way to go on. Do watch the real movie (Der Untergang) which is really great, in all it's creepiness. Bruno Gantz rules like he did in Himmel über Berlin...

/Mazex

nearmiss
09-25-2006, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mazexx:
Well, I think the FSX demo was only eyecandy. The same crappy flight models and nothing really new accept the graphics (which I've never liked anyway).

Here's another on that agree's on that:
Video of reactions regarding the fsx demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcW3hbnR2EI)

Yes, some don't like humor like that but I think it's time to move on (and it's really well done). I have a lot of relatives killed during the war by the germans (nearly my mom) but let's face it - well done satire is a way to go on. Do watch the real movie (Der Untergang) which is really great, in all it's creepiness. Bruno Gantz rules like he did in Himmel über Berlin...

/Mazex </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already seen that thing. BS is what I thought of it. I really don't get off on all the stupid cussing and junk that adds nothing to its' funniness (which isn't funny anyway)

I'd just like to see a demo for the BOB. That could get a little more liveliness on these boards.

mazex
09-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Well, as I said - humor is individual and a lot of others have enyoyed it. Personally I think that it's well done with some really good parts with good timing of the comments, even though I agree that the language in some parts are over the top.

/Mazex

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I thought FSX demo was ****. And when people say eyecandy in reguarding that demo Im confused, because to me it looks like **** as well. Perhaps the retail will be better. But if they want good sales I would hope they would release a more current and optimized demo version.

nearmiss
09-26-2006, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
I thought FSX demo was ****. And when people say eyecandy in reguarding that demo Im confused, because to me it looks like **** as well. Perhaps the retail will be better. But if they want good sales I would hope they would release a more current and optimized demo version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DL the demo, but after reading your posting... I'm not gonna install it.

I've got plenty to do without wasteing my time. I'm going to trash that bugger!

THanks

KadinOriginal
09-27-2006, 06:28 AM
I thought the avi was very funny, leave aside very well timed!!

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-27-2006, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nearmiss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
I thought FSX demo was ****. And when people say eyecandy in reguarding that demo Im confused, because to me it looks like **** as well. Perhaps the retail will be better. But if they want good sales I would hope they would release a more current and optimized demo version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I DL the demo, but after reading your posting... I'm not gonna install it.

I've got plenty to do without wasteing my time. I'm going to trash that bugger!

THanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, try it. Perhaps you see things different then I. Because apparently others do when they are talking about eyecandy. To me it looks horrible.

BTW I was attempting to type the word c-r-a-p. Pretty said when they have to filter that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Philipscdrw
09-27-2006, 03:37 PM
That's a brilliant video. Where did they get all those guys in WW2 uniform though?

knightflyte
09-27-2006, 06:02 PM
This was a scene from the movie Der Untergang (It's been subtitled and released in the U.S. as Downfall)
For this satire the scene was lifted from the movie and the titles were added later to coincide with the release and subsequent whining by the flight sim community.

I'd highly recommend the movie.

As far as FS X goes. I DLed the demo and wasn't too impressed.

I've got a decent computer.... but the demo looked underwhelming...and seemed to present no improvements over FS9 when I measure it by my computer standards.

IL2's water smokes FSX's with my computer.

3.2 Prescott
2Gig mem
GeForce 6800 GT
Audigy Sound Blaster 1

Yeah, it's 2 years old.... but I expected a little better.

Philipscdrw
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Oh, right... I thought they were just parodying the film!