PDA

View Full Version : flaps getting jammed for no apparent reason..

GAU-8
07-13-2006, 04:30 AM
can anybody confirm this with thier aircraft?

it has happened a LOT of times in the past month or so, and i thought maybe it was part of the game ..but maybe im wrong. the guys on comms probably think im nuts, they havent had this happen.

here is scenario,..... every time!

(its mostly P-51 , but a few others as well)

immediately after take off,(with flaps in take off position of course) i try to raise my flaps, but nothing goes up. i try to lower it (to "landing")..and it goes down!.)but it still wont go up to "take off" or none. i had checked to confirm i didnt somehow change a key setting in game. nope..right key.

BUT im not jamming the flaps.no jammed flap noise, nor do i get a text stating so. i just took off, im not going fast enough TO jam them. it wont go into the up position, but it WILL GO DOWN! i now have to spiral climb to a decent alt, then close throttle, stall, and "miraculously" flaps are enabled again only. its not a one off mistaken experience... its happening quite a bit. with the same instance, and fix being the same every time.

anybody got the same issue?

GAU-8
07-13-2006, 04:30 AM
can anybody confirm this with thier aircraft?

it has happened a LOT of times in the past month or so, and i thought maybe it was part of the game ..but maybe im wrong. the guys on comms probably think im nuts, they havent had this happen.

here is scenario,..... every time!

(its mostly P-51 , but a few others as well)

immediately after take off,(with flaps in take off position of course) i try to raise my flaps, but nothing goes up. i try to lower it (to "landing")..and it goes down!.)but it still wont go up to "take off" or none. i had checked to confirm i didnt somehow change a key setting in game. nope..right key.

BUT im not jamming the flaps.no jammed flap noise, nor do i get a text stating so. i just took off, im not going fast enough TO jam them. it wont go into the up position, but it WILL GO DOWN! i now have to spiral climb to a decent alt, then close throttle, stall, and "miraculously" flaps are enabled again only. its not a one off mistaken experience... its happening quite a bit. with the same instance, and fix being the same every time.

anybody got the same issue?

Akronnick
07-13-2006, 04:41 AM
Check your key bindings, sounds like you may have inadvertantly changed/deleted the key to raise flaps

F19_Ob
07-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Yep it sure sounds like u need to check the key settings.

rnzoli
07-13-2006, 05:44 AM
or the button is wearing out... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gorillasika
07-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Do you use joystick's buttons to control flaps?
As rnzoli said, tehy might be wearing out.
I have a MSFF2 and some of the buttons aren't working anymore.
Try to set the "flaps up" -function to some other button on your keyboard and see what happens.

VW-IceFire
07-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Rebind the key and see if that helps. Mine are always getting randomly assigned...the worst was when bailout suddenly became Cntrl and I went to change my trim and BAILOUT!

Check it.

willyvic
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Yes Gau, I had a similar episode last Sunday online. Thought I had inadvertantly shifted my N52 into another mode. Flaps deployed but would not go up until I had climbed out a bit and kept hitting the retract key. Was in a 51D. Will keep an eye out and let you know if it happens again. May be just a coincedence.

WV.

LStarosta
07-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Il-2 is ******ed like that.

I'll start typing something in the chatbox and my guy bails out for no reason. Or my instrument lights come on.

slipBall
07-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I had this happen in the past, on-line, possible? aircraft?...can't remember...I do remember thinking that it must be a safety feature of that aircraft, it was'nt my usual ride. No chance.. that I had a key assign problem, or faulty button,... beats the hell out of me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Jaws2002
07-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Check your sliders. Make sure you don't have flaps assigned on a slider in the "hotas" area.

GAU-8
07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
..allthough i keep checking key bindings every time it happens, i KNOW its the right key, but i reasign it to the same key, and the line doesnt change. (i have also switched it to other keys) but it doesnt "work". it does, but ONLY AFTER i put the aircraft in a stall, or very close to a stall speed...i can constantly click up, on the button the whole time...when it gets close to dipping a wing, text says "flaps raised" or whatever it says, and "pssssssssshhhh" the hydraulics start going and the flaps go up! from there, i can raise or lower them at almost any speed afterward!

yeah its the P-51D , but i think i have had it in a few others as well.

i can confirm its not a button going out, and its not on a slider.

i will point out that its NOT EVERY TIME i take off. but it IS the same scenario each time when it does happen at take off.

Abbuzze
07-14-2006, 01:20 AM
You should check if the mouse wheel is linked to the flaps. Mousewheels are not working good in il2, they produce inputs without touching them.

Freelancer-1
07-14-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm with Luke on this one.

I don't even use chat anymore as I end up disabling all kinds of things, flaps included.

Easy to test for you. Give it a try and see if that's it.

GAU-8
07-14-2006, 02:58 AM
thats a neg on the mouse wheel. i have track-ir, and other cockpit stuff around. mouse isnt used for anything in IL-2. never touched. and i COULD be wrong about the text. i might use it from time to time, but nothing goes awry that i am aware of.. ill look into that.

its not a big problem, but just makes me go "WTF!?....AGAIN?!" i can live with it, but makes me curious what it is.

Da_Godfatha
07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
If you go too fast with flaps down, they tend to jam. Check your airspeed.

slipBall
07-14-2006, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GAU-8:
thats a neg on the mouse wheel. i have track-ir, and other cockpit stuff around. mouse isnt used for anything in IL-2. never touched. and i COULD be wrong about the text. i might use it from time to time, but nothing goes awry that i am aware of.. ill look into that.

its not a big problem, but just makes me go "WTF!?....AGAIN?!" i can live with it, but makes me curious what it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would do a complete reinstall of the game, something may not be right with your files