PDA

View Full Version : New Poll / Exculsive Gaming

-HH-Quazi
03-19-2005, 08:24 AM

-HH-Quazi
03-19-2005, 08:24 AM

-HH- Beebop
03-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Until I discovered IL-2 I played Half-Life, Morrowind, Freespace, European Air War and various racing sims. Soon after I got the full version of the original IL-2 Sturmovik I've spent less and less time with other games. Now it's the only game I play. When I'm not flying I'm building missions, skinning planes or participating in online flying with my squadron. Not only do I have little time to play other games, I have little interest. Leftover time on the computer is spent reading or researching WW II history.
Silent Hunter III looks to be quite engrossing and well done. If I was independently wealthy and didn't have to work and didn't have a family to attend to, I might find the time.
As it is I'm very happy with FB/AEP/PF and have lost no interest in it. If anything I have more.

SpartanHoplite
03-19-2005, 12:51 PM
I would choose:

Even though I have plenty of time for other games, I only play this sim ALMOST exclusively.

Usually, every 3 months or so, I get a bit of Il2 burnout, and so to unwind I throw in something else - Call Of Duty, KOTOR, etc, and play that for about a week, until the pull of Il2 kicks in again. I'm going through one of those period now, and so currently I'm playing FARCRY, which is pretty cool. I think I'll actually keep playing it until the patch comes out (so, I might be able to finish the game a couple of times, at this rate! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

SH

-HH-Quazi
03-20-2005, 06:48 AM
WOW!!!! For my first ever poll question, there have been 16 votes out of 94 views. Amazing! The participation level in this here GD forum is unbelievable. I think I will put up allot more of these since my first one here was such a success. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Thanks and appreciation to the 16 m8's that took the half-a-second to participate. This is something I have been curious about for a while. And if your 16 votes are any indication, then whether you have plenty of time on your hands, or hardly no time at all, this game is "THE GAME" you choose to play exclusively. For myself, I have time to spare daily, and I don't have any interest in any other game, even other flight sims. I was looking at MS Flight 2004 yesterday in Wally World. There was a split second that I thought about what it would be like to play it. Then I just laid it back down and thought, "Play anther game? And take time away from DF'ing, Campaigns, Co-Ops? Nah. Don't think so!" HEHEHE

F19_Ob
03-20-2005, 07:22 AM
On occasion I venture to the Sci-fi world but the games really have too little freedom for my taste.

In the old days I converted the CFS2 into a starwarslike sim with spaceships and altered sounds, tracers, damage effects(smoke and fire)and weapons and mainly in the snowy canyonised parts of the Greenland location.
There were too few sci-fi buildings though and I lack the programs and knowledge of 3-D modelling, but the spaceships battles with my own flight characteristics were better and more hard to fly and interesting than anything in the market, until this day.

It would have been a goldmine for any corporation with a tiny bit of imagination.

Il-2 series is enough these days but sometimes Those spaceship battles at low altitude appears in my dreams.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

WOLFMondo
03-20-2005, 08:18 AM
I play other games but theres always one in particular I come back toohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ClnlSandersLite
03-20-2005, 11:03 AM
I like Il2 alot. It's on my top 10 list. Not the top though. You really need more options.

Cess-SGTRoc
03-20-2005, 11:33 AM
I find that if I get away from IL2 for a little while every now and then , I like the game better and wind down from having to deal with some of the losers on internet gaming.
From playing this sim from the first Demo download I found I still would not want to miss out on other great sims,like SH III, that sim is the IL2 of Sub games, not perfect but great and going to get better as time goes on just like this one has.
And as to losers well on the other hand I have also made and visit some of the best friends that I have ever had.
That has not happend on other sims. To me anyway.
I have also recived lots of help from the people who play this sim, and that is one thing that makes it so good. Friends and having somethig in common.

Udidtoo
03-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I voted 3 but its not an accurate description of my real habits. You know what my situation is here Quaz and do to physical concerns there are days I cannot sit upright for more than a few minutes. I have developed a layout for my X-45 that allows me to fly, poorly I might add while laying on my side. When I get frustrated enough with that I switch over to the many games my kids have bought me over the last 2 years.

There is a prevalent attitude of "If I don't like it then its ****" attitude with almost any genre of games. Be it a simm, FPS, RPG, on and on. Ther are always those who feel that only their preferences are legit and anything else is ****. Name any game other than this one to one of our fellow -HH- m8's and his standard anwser is "What plane set is in ....fill in the blank.....game? For myself I'm **** glad my kids got me intrested in things I can enjoy while laying down. Currently the RPG Sacred is filling my time when I can't get upright to do the stick and pedals.