PDA

View Full Version : Once again, horrible forum quality

Stiglr
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
This site has to be one of the worst in terms of user experience. The Forums are still completely intermittent.

One second, pages come up quick. Next click, you wait two minutes, only to get "The page can't be displayed" or some other time out message.

ESPECIALLY annoying when you've posted a message and it doesn't "take". It's just lost, gone in the ether, unless you remember to copy the entire contents into cache memory before you send it off.

I used to think it was my connection, but after this happens on the Ubi forums, I take a tour around other sites and other forums, and they come up just fine. The problem is definitely at this site.

I dunno what the server admins did that was supposed to improve these forums, but it hasn't worked.

Stiglr
12-06-2004, 02:52 PM
This site has to be one of the worst in terms of user experience. The Forums are still completely intermittent.

One second, pages come up quick. Next click, you wait two minutes, only to get "The page can't be displayed" or some other time out message.

ESPECIALLY annoying when you've posted a message and it doesn't "take". It's just lost, gone in the ether, unless you remember to copy the entire contents into cache memory before you send it off.

I used to think it was my connection, but after this happens on the Ubi forums, I take a tour around other sites and other forums, and they come up just fine. The problem is definitely at this site.

I dunno what the server admins did that was supposed to improve these forums, but it hasn't worked.

Chuck_Older
12-06-2004, 02:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
I have high speed internet at work.

At home, a 56.6 dialup.

These boards usually load faster at home . Figure that one out!

I think one problem is the way Ubi runs the boards, and you're loading some basic info from all the other game forums just to use this one, that's my guess

3.JG51_BigBear
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Do you get ANY enjoyment from hanging out on these forums, or playing this game for that matter.

meh_cd
12-06-2004, 03:11 PM
I've seen worse. This board is actually one of the better ones I've seen in relation to major games. =\

FI_Willie
12-06-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only with speed issues on these forums.

When it slows down, I just wander off someplace else for a while.

Server is probably getting hammered pretty hard.

BuzzU
12-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Race Sim Central is 10 times worse than this one. This forum works for me 99% of the time.

Red_Russian13
12-06-2004, 06:07 PM
I'd have to agree that this forum is way better than some others I've visited...

And I've just spent several weeks visiting some other ones...

p1ngu666
12-06-2004, 06:21 PM
u forgot the killer pauses on page loads http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

adlabs6
12-06-2004, 09:39 PM
I get good results here. One odd thing, in FireFox, each page of these and some other forums loads halfway, then blanks out and reloads and completes. No idea why, maybe it's a cookie thing. Some other forums I browse (SimHQ for one) don't do this.

TAGERT.
12-06-2004, 09:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
This site has to be one of the _worst_ in terms of user experience. The Forums are still _completely_ intermittent.

I used to think it was my connection, but after this happens on the Ubi forums, I take a tour around other sites and other forums, and they come up just fine. The problem is definitely at _this_ site.

I dunno what the server admins did that was supposed to improve these forums, but it hasn't worked. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes Im sure that the Targetware forum is much faster and better.. But that probally says more about the volume than the quality.. In that there are only what.. Ten people that play Targetware at any give time and only about 25% of them post in the forum! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tenmmike
12-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Stiglr just is not happy unless he is unhappy been that way for a long time at least hes consistant

NegativeGee
12-07-2004, 03:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is, although I've been copying my messages prior to posting for some time now due to this.

If a page doesn't load in about 20 seconds I generally reopen the browser and access the page again. This seems to work except when the forum is having a brain clamp.

Still, quirks aside there is no compariosn, for me at least, with the old format forums which were very annoying on a regular basis.

WTE_Ibis
12-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Well I'm not complaining but I also find that
I cannot log on quite often and wondered why
the site was down.
So,it's not just me then. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Breeze147
12-07-2004, 05:53 AM
I thought it was just me, too.

CDN_Merlin
12-07-2004, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meh_cd:
I've seen worse. This board is actually one of the better ones I've seen in relation to major games. =\ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got to be kidding? This is the worst board I've visited when it comes to major games.

I always have problems getting to this board.

oFZo
12-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Yeah, that Stiglr sure loves to complain!
(I have forum loading difficulties too BTW)

LilHorse
12-07-2004, 02:09 PM
I also have differences between work and home. High speed connect here at work and DSL at home. Lightning quick at home. SSSSLLLLOOOOOOWWWW here at work. And it has gotten worse with every update to the forums. Never had this problem back in the first generation.

tsisqua
12-07-2004, 02:21 PM
This is our third generation of this forum. Anyone remember the first? NOTHING worked. At all.

Admitedly, this one has problems too, but remember, we do have a forum. Good customer relations, but still, they really don't have to provide all these boards. I remember when Razz went to the big-wigs, and took our request to create a moviemaker board. Not that they are poor or anything, but these boards do cost money.

I tend to write long posts in notepad these days . . . better than losing my thoughts into oblivion when the board decides to let a fart.

Tsisqua

BM357_Raven
12-08-2004, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
Race Sim Central is 10 times worse than this one. This forum works for me 99% of the time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean there are other forums?