PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody update me on trim and CEM?

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Trim (elevator) seems not to work at all here.
I even click 20/40 times with no result, delaied or immediate, of any sort.

About CEM, I'm a bit confused: on the 109 Emil series it works, even if the engine lasts nothing if I happen to exceed the RPM threshold for even a short while; in later models it seems to work less sharply, and on the 190's (D9/F8), it hardly make a difference. Same with the Heinkel.
Aren't German engines supposed to work with the Variable Speed system, either manual or automatic, all the same?

Allied aircraft and the CSP seem to work fine, more or less.

Please someone enlight me about the last community findings on these subjects.

A.

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Trim (elevator) seems not to work at all here.
I even click 20/40 times with no result, delaied or immediate, of any sort.

About CEM, I'm a bit confused: on the 109 Emil series it works, even if the engine lasts nothing if I happen to exceed the RPM threshold for even a short while; in later models it seems to work less sharply, and on the 190's (D9/F8), it hardly make a difference. Same with the Heinkel.
Aren't German engines supposed to work with the Variable Speed system, either manual or automatic, all the same?

Allied aircraft and the CSP seem to work fine, more or less.

Please someone enlight me about the last community findings on these subjects.

A.

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 01:00 PM
I found it hard to notice anything much happening with trim when it was mapped to the kb, unless I held the key down for a short while, when there would be a trim change several seconds later. As nothing happens at first it's very hard to know how long to hold the key down for. As you say, individual presses don't seem to do much. Now I've got elevator trim mapped to my mouse wheel. Although there's still the delay, that works quite well. Each 'notch' of wheel movement causes just enough trim change to be useful and I find I can trim the planes nicely for climb, cruise, whatever.

CEM is getting a rework in the next patch, I believe. For now 190s work fine in auto, just as they should. The 109s are ok in auto, but you only get their true performance by operating in manual. To do that you may find it advantageous to map prop pitch to your stick 'throttle.' I did for a while, but then I found I had a slider going to waste - and no throttle, other than kb - when I flew a 190.. oh dear.

Kernow
249 IAP

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Thanks.

I'm going to try the trim on the mouse wheel right now.

A.