PDA

View Full Version : Updates for FB??

civildog
11-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Will there be any further updates for Forgotten Battles alone, or am I basically required to buy PF to get any updates at all? Whatever happened to the long promised updates and support for Forgotten Battles?

civildog
11-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Will there be any further updates for Forgotten Battles alone, or am I basically required to buy PF to get any updates at all? Whatever happened to the long promised updates and support for Forgotten Battles?

Hunter82
11-27-2004, 05:15 PM
No further updates are planned.... All patches promised were delivered and then some. Time to buy PF and AEP if you have not already

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CivilDog:
Will there be any further updates for Forgotten Battles alone, or am I basically required to buy PF to get any updates at all? Whatever happened to the long promised updates and support for Forgotten Battles? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3.JG51_BigBear
11-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Its definitely worth getting the newer releases. AEP is becoming tough to find but there are copies out there. The game really comes into is own with PF and its most recent patches. Unfortunately you'll need AEP to get the most out of PF.

willyvic
11-27-2004, 05:31 PM
And if ya play on line you better get it sooner than later as xmas is on it's way and you will play heck finding an FB server after the holidays I predict.

WV.

civildog
11-27-2004, 06:03 PM
I already have AEP patched up to 2.04. We had been hearing about an upgrade due for FB/AEP that was to include new aircraft, etc. to come out by now.

So unfortunately I have to now buy a game I'm not even interested in so I can continue playing a game I love. This is right out of Microsoft's marketing playbook.

Troll2k
11-28-2004, 12:57 AM
Sorry but you misunderstood.The new planes are for PF.Aep has run its course and all future support will be for PF.

3.JG51_BigBear
11-28-2004, 01:32 AM
PF includes some stuff that belongs in the European and Russian fronts so its not a total loss if you don't like the Pacific. It also feature some graphic enhancements and of course access to all the new patches and such. Its definitely worth it, and who knows you might grow to like the new theatre.

Bearcat99
11-28-2004, 09:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CivilDog:
I already have AEP patched up to 2.04. We had been hearing about an upgrade due for FB/AEP that was to include new aircraft, etc. to come out by now.

So unfortunately I have to now buy a game I'm not even interested in so I can continue playing a game I love. This is right out of Microsoft's marketing playbook. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PUUUHHHLEASE!!!!! M$ issued what 1 patch for CFS3? Which did nothing to make the thing anymore playable... PF is the next level of the sim. If you want to go there great get onboard. If not then remain where you are. Nowhere did Oleg promise to support a stand alone FB indefinitely... in fact the fact that BoB is in the works makes me even more gratefull that they are still supporting this engine. The improved FMs and flyable B-25s and new P-40s are worth it to me. If you stay in 2.04 you will be in a minority.

civildog
11-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Actually I was referring to Microsoft's tendency to require you to spend a lot of money on things you don't want or will ever use in their bloatware in order to use the components you want. Then to upgrade a program, end support of the slightly older and still perfectly good if not better running version, thereby forcing the consumer to keep paying money to Cousin Billy's Bloatware Inc.

I was never foolish enough to buy any of Microsoft's combat games given the ridiculous cost and unreliability of some of the company's other software.

The offerings from Microprose and Spectrum Holobyte were more than satisfactory. Oh, and there was that Flanker game, too. Can't seem to recall who put that out.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Considering that Pacific Fighters is coded as a stand-alone game and gets a stand-alone patch, it's just a tad galling that it gets individual support when the game it can be added to doesn't unless you pay for Pacific Fighters.

Bearcat99
11-28-2004, 05:33 PM
I understand where you are coming from. I jjst understand 1Cs situation more. See the confusion with the 2 patches? Can you imagine if ther were 3? Besides.. I wonder if there are enough people flying FB2.04 to justify dedicating time and resouces solely to it. Go on... get PF.. it will be worth it to you. The improved FMs and the flyable B-25 are worth it alone. Add in the new maps and cosding and its well worth it.

WTE_Ibis
11-28-2004, 08:55 PM
So Bearcat does this mean no chance of Tempest,Typhoon,Mosquito etc?? as these are ET.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif