PDA

View Full Version : Slight flicker of screen....hmmm

zeppelin5000
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
I just got a Radeon 9250 since my other video card wasn't cutting it, and i'm noticing now that in the cockpit view when i'm moving around a lot the screen seems to slightly flicker/show unevenness on the horizon. It's hard to explain...... Out side the plane it doesn't do it, just when i'm basically "moving the screen" (like it you move the mouse around rapidly inside the cockpit)Anyone know what i can do? I'm sure its something with the card. Refresh rate? I have it set to 72 which I heard is around normal......anything else??

zeppelin5000
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
I just got a Radeon 9250 since my other video card wasn't cutting it, and i'm noticing now that in the cockpit view when i'm moving around a lot the screen seems to slightly flicker/show unevenness on the horizon. It's hard to explain...... Out side the plane it doesn't do it, just when i'm basically "moving the screen" (like it you move the mouse around rapidly inside the cockpit)Anyone know what i can do? I'm sure its something with the card. Refresh rate? I have it set to 72 which I heard is around normal......anything else??

pourshot
10-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Make sure you have Vsync enabled in your video card set up (only works in OpenGL)

fluup
11-01-2004, 02:57 AM
Pourshot, are you Ronnie??

NegativeGee
11-01-2004, 03:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zeppelin5000:
I just got a Radeon 9250 since my other video card wasn't cutting it, and i'm noticing now that in the cockpit view when i'm moving around a lot the screen seems to slightly flicker/show unevenness on the horizon. It's hard to explain...... Out side the plane it doesn't do it, just when i'm basically "moving the screen" (like it you move the mouse around rapidly inside the cockpit)Anyone know what i can do? I'm sure its something with the card. Refresh rate? I have it set to 72 which I heard is around normal......anything else?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could be that your monitor has a low refresh rate at the resolution you are running- if so you might need to reduce the resolution you are running at.

If you are running WindowsXP you might be coming a cropper of the way it likes to set your monitors refresh rate to 60Hz when running apps regardless of what your monitor is capable off.

If so, something like Reforce (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1847) might help you out, although some games that allow the user to set refresh rates in game won't like it and will need a reset on reforce before they will run. An example of such a game is Halo PC.

pourshot
11-01-2004, 05:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fluup:
Pourshot, are you Ronnie?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No mate, Andrew