PDA

View Full Version : 4.05m Don't Panic!

jasonbirder
05-01-2006, 03:38 AM
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy says on the front cover in large re-assuring letters Don't Panic! and neither should anyone worried about downloading and installing the Pe2 Peshka add on!

I'm a complete computer dunce...so if I can do it...anyone can! With a little common sense and the stickied instructions from the forum - I downloaded and installed the add on....unistalled Boonty Box, cleared all Boonty related files and registry entries, restored my original EXE files, burned my Pe2 add on onto CD, moved the single missions into the proper file and even logged onto a 4.05m server to check I was compatible...

Now how long did that take...39 Minutes!!! and most of that was downloading and CD writing...I even had time to make a coffee whilst it was downloading...and now I have 4.05m on my PC a back up copy on CD a nice clean PC (no Boonty Box) and all is well with the world.

Who here could put their sneakers on, drive to their computer store and come home and install a game on their PC quicker than that? Hassles...what hassles!!!

So if you're worried about installing don't be - remember the Hitchhikers guide and Don't panic! Its easy, quick, cheap and their is no conspirisy!

Now then when's Il10/Manchuria coming out?

JG52Uther
05-01-2006, 03:47 AM
I am very happy for you.But dont forget us poor fools who downloaded 405 first,who had to struggle through a LOT of problems.Personally,I feel lucky that I managed to install it after 2 hours of going through hoops.If it was'nt for guys like Luthier pretty much living here for a couple of days it would have been a complete disaster.

jasonbirder
05-01-2006, 03:53 AM
Part of the reason for posting was to say thanks for the advice in the stickies...a big thumbs up to the guys that worked out & shared with us the best way of doing it...

FlatSpinMan
05-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Yup - the first wave won the battle for th erest of us (as some other thread put it). Quite a fun add-on, I think. I am enjoying flying something different and unUber. I liked the typhoon and Do-335 but this bird just has loads of style, I think.

F19_Orheim
05-01-2006, 08:10 AM
hmm I think I was among the first 5 who downloaded the 4.05, and maybe even one of the first playing it (western release) consider my "Line".... took me 12 minutes.... no problems whatsoever