PDA

View Full Version : P40 missions unplayable in FB

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 10:35 PM
I just got FB a week or so ago and find that the Leningrad fight missions involving the p40 are unplayable. Either the p40 spontaneously blows up at high speed or to avoid that I poodle about at low speed absorbing german cannon shell.

I'm now playing Sturmovik leningrad missions - they're much more fun.

How did the p40 bug get through the testing net?

McN

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 10:35 PM
I just got FB a week or so ago and find that the Leningrad fight missions involving the p40 are unplayable. Either the p40 spontaneously blows up at high speed or to avoid that I poodle about at low speed absorbing german cannon shell.

I'm now playing Sturmovik leningrad missions - they're much more fun.

How did the p40 bug get through the testing net?

McN

XyZspineZyX
06-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Beats me, but the "spontaneous desintegration"-bug is one of the most well known. The P-40 will be addressed in the patch, as far as I understand.

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 01:28 AM
- How did the p40 bug get through the testing net?

Some of us have begun to suspect we ARE the testing net.

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 01:29 AM
closed beta testing and ubi testers not knowing a damn thing about aircraft. Im really suprised oleg didnt notice it himself, but hes busy with more then FB

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 02:18 AM
No doubt, the exploding P-40 bug is a real pain. But I'm sick of people using this to imply that FB is in any way sloppily crafted or poorly tested. Few games are perfect out of the box, but at least for most of us FB works as intended, which is more that can be said about a lot of stuff. Further, Oleg and Co seem more willing to listen to complaints and fix things than most other game developers.