PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin to be available for everybody to buy or unlock

Harner96
01-15-2011, 10:12 AM
I pre-ordered the game but when I was going to get my code all of them were already gone so never any code for him. So I think that it would good to make the harlequin character available so you can buy him on platstation store or xbox live. Or make him unlockable so you get him when you reach level 30 or 40,so that everybody who didn't get him or the code for him can get him some way.

MrGerbz
01-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Nah, I like my Harlequin (and officer) being exclusive.

Daveskie
01-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Face the facts, it's not going to happen! It's called Exclusive for a reason. I have the codex DLC and I now never use either character as they don't exactly blend in.

cyrax008
01-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Well you're stupid both of you!!

Th Harlequin and Office is going to be availiable as DLC to purchase on the PSN / Xbox Live for about 1.50-2.00.

It just wont be availiable for a few months. If money can be made, then it will be availiable. The Harlequin is one of the most popular characters in the Multiplayer.

Sprint-Please
01-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Harlequin

Try me people, it's limited exclusive. It'll be on the PSN/XBL soon.

Harner96
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by cyrax008:
Well you're stupid both of you!!

Th Harlequin and Office is going to be availiable as DLC to purchase on the PSN / Xbox Live for about 1.50-2.00.

It just wont be availiable for a few months. If money can be made, then it will be availiable. The Harlequin is one of the most popular characters in the Multiplayer.

any idea when u will be able to buy them???? And you are absolutely right!

Warforger
01-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Why would you ever want the Harlequin? I mean all the other characters look like each other and the Harlequin looks nothing like them, meaning it's alot easier to blend in as the standard characters then a ****ing clown. Plus it looks stupid.

Daveskie
01-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Warforger:
Why would you ever want the Harlequin? I mean all the other characters look like each other and the Harlequin looks nothing like them, meaning it's alot easier to blend in as the standard characters then a ****ing clown. Plus it looks stupid.

Just like I said, I never use the Harlequin as he stands out to much. I actualy welcome it if they make it public DLC. Makes it easier for me to spot you. My deaths reduced a lot after I stopped using Harlequin.

Just for info do you have a link to your information about the characters becoming public DLC. Just wondered where you got your information.

FireTempest00
01-15-2011, 12:22 PM
all exclusive pre-order bonuses eventually become DLC.

Its just a ploy to get high pre-order numbers.
Also my friend who works at Gamespot was able to print out Harlequin codes until they were cut from the servers a couple days after the release.

Harlequin and Officer will eventually become available but don't expect that anytime soon.

papartusedmcrsk
01-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by cyrax008:
If money can be made, then it will be available.

This.

Originally posted by FireTempest00:
Harlequin and Officer will eventually become available but don't expect that anytime soon.

And this.

Daveskie
01-15-2011, 01:34 PM
They will "eventually" become available as DLC but I will probably be looking forward to AC3 and probably have it Pre-order before that happens. Anyway, as I said before, the more people that use the harlequin the easier it is for me and others to spot my Target/pursuer.

Zoidberg747
01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
There is no difference, if you die using the harlequin then you were not stealthy, it is not because he looks different http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Harner96
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by FireTempest00:

Also my friend who works at Gamespot was able to print out Harlequin codes until they were cut from the servers a couple days after the release.

Do you have any extra codes left over if you do could please send it to me??

papartusedmcrsk
01-15-2011, 03:06 PM
I see Harlequins all over the place. And Officers too, if there is someone using him. I honestly think that there are the same amount of NPC's for them as any other character.

I know when I play as the Harlequin I'm not ever running around failing to find another Harlequin to blend with. They're everywhere.

Sps_Drake
01-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Daveskie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warforger:

Just like I said, I never use the Harlequin as he stands out to much. I actualy welcome it if they make it public DLC. Makes it easier for me to spot you. My deaths reduced a lot after I stopped using Harlequin.

Just for info do you have a link to your information about the characters becoming public DLC. Just wondered where you got your information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How is the Harlequin less stealthy that others? Your deaths may have gone down because you got better at the game.

Daveskie
01-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Sps_Drake:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daveskie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warforger:

Just for info do you have a link to your information about the characters becoming public DLC. Just wondered where you got your information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How is the Harlequin less stealthy that others? Your deaths may have gone down because you got better at the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is Harlequin less stealthy, please tell me your kidding. Looking into a crowd of people who all have similarly plain coloured clothes then it's pretty easy to pick out the clown! Blue and red stripes tend to make you stand out a little. As fir me getting better, no, I'm still crap. Just a little less crap when I don't use Harlequin. If you don't find him easier to pick out when they are your target then that's you not me.

Sps_Drake
01-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Daveskie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sps_Drake:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daveskie:

How is the Harlequin less stealthy that others? Your deaths may have gone down because you got better at the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is Harlequin less stealthy, please tell me your kidding. Looking into a crowd of people who all have similarly plain coloured clothes then it's pretty easy to pick out the clown! Blue and red stripes tend to make you stand out a little. As fir me getting better, no, I'm still crap. Just a little less crap when I don't use Harlequin. If you don't find him easier to pick out when they are your target then that's you not me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now change that crow so that it has 3 other harlequins. You should be able to pick any charecter out of the crowd. The Harlequin may be a brighter color but that doesn't make him your target. I could be the on next to him, or maybe the one across from him. If you stick near NPCs that look like you, you won't have a problem blending in. And if Pink(Courtesan) or Gold(Noble) don't stand out to you...

papartusedmcrsk
01-15-2011, 04:46 PM
I think Daveskie is assuming that the person playing as the Harlequin does not have Blender, Morph, or the common sense enough to blend with like personas.

If that is indeed the assumption, then of course one would be able to pick out their target in the group.... they're the only Harlequin.

But that would hold true for any of the personas, (here we go assuming again) assuming they aren't using Disguise.

FearlessSpeach
01-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Sps_Drake:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sps_Drake:

How is Harlequin less stealthy, please tell me your kidding. Looking into a crowd of people who all have similarly plain coloured clothes then it's pretty easy to pick out the clown! Blue and red stripes tend to make you stand out a little. As fir me getting better, no, I'm still crap. Just a little less crap when I don't use Harlequin. If you don't find him easier to pick out when they are your target then that's you not me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now change that crow so that it has 3 other harlequins. You should be able to pick any charecter out of the crowd. The Harlequin may be a brighter color but that doesn't make him your target. I could be the on next to him, or maybe the one across from him. If you stick near NPCs that look like you, you won't have a problem blending in. And if Pink(Courtesan) or Gold(Noble) don't stand out to you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention the hellequin has gold and bright blue and is the only character with much purple. Personally I feel helle stands out more, yet I still manage to get untouchable with her....

The blacksmith is the fattest, so he stands out more, or the barber is taller than most so he stands out more or the footpad is always onthe roof.... oh wait that actually works.

As others have said, stick near your look alikes and no persona stands out. Unless you are suggesting there is some sort of coding preference to have the harlequin show up early based on draw distance...

JohnnyGFeenix
01-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Uh oh. Urge to beat you in a game with my AWESOME Harlequin....rising.

Daveskie
01-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by papartusedmcrsk:
I think Daveskie is assuming that the person playing as the Harlequin does not have Blender, Morph, or the common sense enough to blend with like personas.

If that is indeed the assumption, then of course one would be able to pick out their target in the group.... they're the only Harlequin.

But that would hold true for any of the personas, (here we go assuming again) assuming they aren't using Disguise.

Your missing my point, you don't stay blended all the time and have to break cover and in fact to have to get there in the first place so anything that doesn't look like an NPC is more noticeable with this character in my opinion. If you don't think so then fine, that's your opinion. Lets leave it there because it's off the original topic anyway.

DraconicDak
01-17-2011, 10:20 PM
The maps are populated with copies of whichever 6-8 personae are being played. Those copies all act like preset NPCs. You can act like a stealthy player, or an obvious one. What you look like hardly matters, especially with how you can choose from multiple colors for each persona.

I'm on a crappy SDTV still, and I can pick out a dull-colored Prowler from across a busy market, when they're braving the ground. As long as one is observant, the persona you've chosen doesn't affect your stealth in any way (unless you're using Disguise, but irrelevant).

SilverStardust
01-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah...it's not a case of the Harlequin standing out more, it's a case of you just playing poorly.

Yes, the Harlequin is brightly colored. However, there's going to be more than just one Harlequin wandering around. So you're not going to stand out any more than you would playing as any other character.

I use the Hellequin fairly frequently (whenever the Courtesan is taken and I don't feel like using the Smuggler or Thief) and I haven't ever had any problems with 'standing out too much' or any nonsense like that. And if anything, she's even more brightly colored than the Harlequin.

najzere
01-17-2011, 10:38 PM
If you want to talk about unstealthy personas, take a look at the Butcher's fast walk! Some of the characters have incredibly obvious fast walks. I always use Hellequin and do just fine playing stealthy, by the way.

obliviondoll
01-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Harlequin and Hellequin personas stand out even more visibly from the rest.

But every persona is distinct and unique enough to stand out against the crowd.

All this means is that every Harlequin/Hellequin on the map is easy to identify as a Harlequin or Hellequin. It doesn't matter that you can tell which persona they are, that doesn't make them easier or harder to identify as players.

I think the problem is either A) You play as the Harlequin a lot and get caught out because players spot you - a.k.a you're bad at stealth, or B) You usually only see unskilled players or runners playing as the Harlequin - a.k.a the players using this persona are bad at stealth.

Neither of these reflects favourably or poorly on the character model itself, only on the player controlling it.

JohnnyGFeenix
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM

The Harlequin is a court jester, pretty sure those were common back in the day. Yeah the guy's uniform stands out, but there are tons of Harlequin bots walking around as well. 90% of me playing the game is with that character and I have had no problem at all blending in.