PDA

View Full Version : Myst4.exe could not be initialized?

10-02-2004, 12:29 PM
I just bought this game yesterday, and spent all day uninstalling and reinstalling because of this error. When I try to run the game from anywhere (menu, icon, exe) it says the same thing:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

These are the specs I'm running:

- ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
- AMD Athlon XP 2800+ processor
- 256mb x 2 333mhz memory (512mb total, dual channeled)
- BFG Geforce 6800 videocard
- Creative Audigy 2 ZS soundcard
- 80GB Western Digital 8MB cache hard drive
- Pioneer DVD-ROM
- Plextor CD-RW

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4, Directx 9.0c, and all of the updates and newest drivers for everything. Myst4's config program has all green checks next to everything, so this game should be running. Do I need Quicktime installed like Riven and Myst do? I do not have any virtual drives or anything like that, and the game installs just fine. I do have Nero 6 installed, but it doesn't have a virtual drive.

10-02-2004, 12:29 PM
I just bought this game yesterday, and spent all day uninstalling and reinstalling because of this error. When I try to run the game from anywhere (menu, icon, exe) it says the same thing:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

These are the specs I'm running:

- ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
- AMD Athlon XP 2800+ processor
- 256mb x 2 333mhz memory (512mb total, dual channeled)
- BFG Geforce 6800 videocard
- Creative Audigy 2 ZS soundcard
- 80GB Western Digital 8MB cache hard drive
- Pioneer DVD-ROM
- Plextor CD-RW

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4, Directx 9.0c, and all of the updates and newest drivers for everything. Myst4's config program has all green checks next to everything, so this game should be running. Do I need Quicktime installed like Riven and Myst do? I do not have any virtual drives or anything like that, and the game installs just fine. I do have Nero 6 installed, but it doesn't have a virtual drive.

10-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Nevermind. I reformatted/reinstalled everything, and Myst runs just fine now. Very weird. I'm guessing it saw Nero 6 was installed and decided not to work. *shrug*