PDA

View Full Version : Turn off info coms

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 11:34 AM
I think that on-line wars line VEF or VOW should be much more realistic, when there will not be any info messages like Otto has been killed by Ivan etc. In war they dont know about status of plane they were shooting at nothing. OK OK - they see when wing fall away, but dont know that pilot died. Offten fighters pursuit enemy in dive and in last second pull up - enemy pilot was death and crash to ground. I think it should make on-line wars more interesting.

Should 1C implement this feature to difficulty setting for hosts?

Regards.

3 International Avia Polk
***** 3.IAP_CHARLIE *****

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 11:34 AM
I think that on-line wars line VEF or VOW should be much more realistic, when there will not be any info messages like Otto has been killed by Ivan etc. In war they dont know about status of plane they were shooting at nothing. OK OK - they see when wing fall away, but dont know that pilot died. Offten fighters pursuit enemy in dive and in last second pull up - enemy pilot was death and crash to ground. I think it should make on-line wars more interesting.

Should 1C implement this feature to difficulty setting for hosts?

Regards.

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 11:40 AM
COLLIN_GRAY wrote:
- Offten fighters
- pursuit enemy in dive and in last second pull up -
- enemy pilot was death and crash to ground.

Often the attacker would see his explosive rounds shred the pilot, disintegrate the plexiglass and see the pilot slump onto the stick, going into a negative G maneuver.

It goes both ways.

<center>
Read the <a href=http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm>IL2 FAQ</a>
Got Nimrod? Try the unofficial <A HREF=http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=4870c2bc08acb0f130e5e3396d08d595>OT forum</A>

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 11:54 AM
hobnail wrote:
-
-
- Often the attacker would see his explosive rounds
- shred the pilot, disintegrate the plexiglass and see
- the pilot slump onto the stick, going into a
- negative G maneuver.
-
- It goes both ways.

Yes but in on-line playing - other players know it automatically too.

And death meat in cockpit dont offten use maneuvres with negaite G /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

So it is just idea.

It should be very nice surprise when in hard fight you shoot at several aircrafts - you see hits but have no time to hang behind 1 enemy. But than you land and look at score and: " ... oh my god i got 4 of them!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif " /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 12:36 PM
No, with your logic, when you land there shouldn't be the score also. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

The real pilot will never know if he shoot down the 4 planes or not. LOL hehe

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Aren't those messages subject to the host configuration anyway?

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 03:16 PM
IJG54_Nowi wrote:
- Aren't those messages subject to the host
- configuration anyway?
-
-

Dunno exactly - i have tested it once and it seems it depends on setting of each computer

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Henkie_ wrote:
- No, with your logic, when you land there shouldn't
- be the score also. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-

Some problem with my logic?

- The real pilot will never know if he shoot down the
- 4 planes or not. LOL hehe
-

Yes, but we have adventage becouse comp can say us after flight how succesfull we were. Else we have to report kills after flight and than we have to count looses on both sides and compare it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BTW real pilot reports his trip and commanders look at guncamera films. Observer corps look for downed planes ETC.
Read some books - there it is explained /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif