PDA

View Full Version : Rudder pedal tips?

Arms1
02-18-2006, 07:20 PM
just started fly with rudder pedals after a long time using twisty sticks. i feel completely uncoordinated now, any tips to help the transition?

Arms1
02-18-2006, 07:20 PM
just started fly with rudder pedals after a long time using twisty sticks. i feel completely uncoordinated now, any tips to help the transition?

slo_one23
02-18-2006, 07:21 PM
whered you get em were they cheap ? i want some

Arms1
02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slo_one23:
whered you get em were they cheap ? i want some </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right on the front page
http://magnum-pc.com/

T_O_A_D
02-18-2006, 08:35 PM
First tip

When pushing with right foot nose of plane should also Yaw to the right. And vice versa.

If looking at the ball, step on the side it is from center.

Known as "Stepping On the BaLL"

Second if using the toe brakes, set the first 3 or 4 sliders to zero. So you don't accidently drag your brakes all the time. Then adjust the rest of them sort of like this.
1X=0 0 0 0 13 30 46 59 70 84 100 0 -------------------Left Toe Brake ID1 CH Pro USB
1Y=0 0 0 0 13 30 46 59 70 84 100 0 -------------------Right Toe Brake ID1 CH Pro USB

Notice only one pedal can actually be configued to the Brake axis in your Hotas section though.

Next now that you are using a multy controler setup I would recomend getting Fooltrottles Program.

IL2 Sticks (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm#087)

blakduk
02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arms1:
just started fly with rudder pedals after a long time using twisty sticks. i feel completely uncoordinated now, any tips to help the transition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you ride a motorbike (or a pushbike really fast)?
If you do, you may know that to turn to the right you press the handlebars to the right (and vice-versa). It's a trick a flight instructor showed me years ago and it made it easier for me to know which way to go.
When i first constructed rudder pedals (following Fooltrottels diagram) i had the same problem until i recalled that suggestion.
The only other thing i can suggest is like everything else in this game- practice, practice, practice.

Hawgdog
02-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey Arms, good talking to you tonight

Arms1
02-18-2006, 10:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawgdog:
Hey Arms, good talking to you tonight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u2 bro,

thanks T_O_A_D and blakduk for your replies, i am finding my taxiing bad, instinctively stepping on the brake and gas as if i was driving a car..at the wrong times..lol