PDA

View Full Version : kamikazi behaviour

TPN_Cephas
12-11-2004, 11:19 PM
While I am very happy that kamikazi functionality has been introduced with PF and the Full Mission Builder, I would like to make a request.

The way the AI works as of ver. 3.01, most of the time the attacking kamikazis make several passes before finally going in for the end run. Now from all I have read over the years every kamikazi attack was a straight in attack. Would it all be possible for the AI routines to be hard coded to head directly for the target ship once they reach the final waypoint? This ought to decrease the AI cpu usage I would think too. Quite often the kamikazis are shot down on these aborted runs, which lessens their effectiveness greatly.

As for Kamikazi damage modeling I would like to give kudos to the developers since they actually do a fair amount of damage, and any bombs they are carrying seem to be added to the damage (not 100% sure on that though).

Of course I would love to see more flames and smoke from damage to ships, but I can see why for fps reasons they do not.

TPN_Cephas
12-11-2004, 11:19 PM
While I am very happy that kamikazi functionality has been introduced with PF and the Full Mission Builder, I would like to make a request.

The way the AI works as of ver. 3.01, most of the time the attacking kamikazis make several passes before finally going in for the end run. Now from all I have read over the years every kamikazi attack was a straight in attack. Would it all be possible for the AI routines to be hard coded to head directly for the target ship once they reach the final waypoint? This ought to decrease the AI cpu usage I would think too. Quite often the kamikazis are shot down on these aborted runs, which lessens their effectiveness greatly.

As for Kamikazi damage modeling I would like to give kudos to the developers since they actually do a fair amount of damage, and any bombs they are carrying seem to be added to the damage (not 100% sure on that though).

Of course I would love to see more flames and smoke from damage to ships, but I can see why for fps reasons they do not.

Prof.Wizard
12-12-2004, 06:02 AM
Does anyone have screenshots of Kamikaze strikes to share? Especially of the Ohka!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif