PDA

View Full Version : Quick FW190A Question

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 08:59 PM
For those of you who fly the FW190A Series, (Specificly the A8 and A9) do you find it is better to put in the Mk108 wing cannons, or just leavin in the default cannons (20mm i think)

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 08:59 PM
For those of you who fly the FW190A Series, (Specificly the A8 and A9) do you find it is better to put in the Mk108 wing cannons, or just leavin in the default cannons (20mm i think)

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 09:06 PM
I personally like the MG 151's. They pack a pretty good punch too and high rate of fire. Unless you're flying against bombers these will cut any plane in half.

lil'

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 09:25 PM
The best charateristic of the FW series is it's roll rate, which should be slowed down with wing-pods (haven't tried this). This roll rate allows you to evade the Yak3 and LA's.

The Yak3 has a equivalent roll rate, but it becomes unstable and stalls if u'r not careful. Whereas the FW is solid as a rock.

Use less firepower - Fire when real close and roll out with ease.

cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 02:16 AM
thnx for the info. Although its a bit hard coming off the 109 to the 190 to me, i'm just in love with its firepower

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 02:50 AM
if you are bomber hunting take the big guns

a 190 can duck and weave well and is tough as nails so with big guns as well is one of the best bomber killers around

in a df mebbe leave em off

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 03:32 AM
the 103s and the twin 151s come in pods, but I think the 108s just replace the 151s inside the wings, so it may not degrade the performance all that much (havn't tested). I keep it default mainly because I think the outer wing position is the worst place for MK108s, and anyway I prefer the higher velocity of the MG151/20. Just awhile ago online I made a highspeed pass from behind 2 IL2s flying in a staggered formation and blew them both away with 1 burst each in a FW190A5 that has MGFF-M rather than MG151/20 in the outer wings, so I think MK108s would be overkill.

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 03:45 AM
The 108 wing cannons dont degrade performance at all. I always use them, your not going to outturn anything anyway, and the roll rate isnt affected. So, IMHO, I would go with them all the time.

How many boards could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol Horde got bored?

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 06:34 AM
The MK108's have no affect on performance but the gunpods do. When I am fighting fighters I usually go with the standard 4xMG151's and 2xMG131's. This is plenty of firepower to blow a Yak or La out of the sky with a single short burst. Even the mighty P-47 doesn't last long under that kind of firepower. But if I am fighting bombers, I usually take MK108's. They are very innaccurate, but kill Pe-2's very nicely /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif .

----------------------------------------
<center>I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>