PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION

jcourt512
11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
In every city, the guards are "uninformed" until you do something. But in the "Kingdom" land between the cities, the guards are all ALWAYS "informed", i.e. they attack me if I get too close and I'm not blending, regardless of if I've done something wrong or not. Is that normal? And if it is, why are they hostile to you?

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 01:38 PM
if this is after your 4th assassination, then it's because they're becoming aware of "the man in the white hood", if not, it's just because you look suspicious, when guards in the kingdom are aware of you, if you're on a horse, as long as you don't go on high profile, most of the time they won't do anything about you, unless you get too close, but you're on foot, that's a different story.

if you're on foot, it's almost like...seeing a person walking on the highway...wouldn't it look suspicious to you? lol

Rogue4152
11-16-2007, 01:38 PM
maybe they were templars??? templars are kill on sight i believe.

jcourt512
11-16-2007, 01:42 PM
You see it happens with normal guards/soldiers, all of them. Regardless of whether I am on horseback or not. Also this has occurred even while on my first trip to Damascus for my first assassination. If I blend, it's fine. But if I'm correct, the guards shouldn't be "informed" (red icon, bleeping sound) if you haven't done anything yet.

NorthernAvengeR
11-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Same thing happening to me except i only think it's the Saracens if i walk/ride past a ranger and he spots me regardless if i have killed anyone will start pursuit.

crsnwby
11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Its because some of the armies know about the assasin already. If you blend past you will not get caught out but if you walk or run you will be rumbled immediatly as they are alert to what you are.

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 02:04 PM
red icon doesn't mean they're informed...i don't even know what you mean by informed

when it beeps while flashing red, it merely means guards are looking at you, when the whole sign(before changing to the animus sign) flashes red, it means that they're really suspicious and prolly are gonna come after you, then you have the animus red sign where it's just like they're gonna kill you

but when the little ball int he middle flashes red, nothing happens if you just walk away, it's the "witness indicator". i don't know why you're having such trouble in the kingdom, i personally hate the horse ride because the minimap doesn't show the routes, so you have to open the map numerous times.
i just run over any guard i see and get to the destination asap, then just teleporting there for later mission =)

spazzoo1025
11-16-2007, 02:05 PM
i've noticed that you've gotta give them maybe 5 or 10 yards of distance, and they won't spot you. also, when you are going past gaurds on horseback, make sure you either blend or just walk (i.e. no galloping/high-profile)

jcourt512
11-16-2007, 10:11 PM
The tiny icon is in fact an eye. When yellow it means you are being watched by a civilian. When red it means guards are looking at you. When beeping red, it means if you get within a few yards of the guards they attack. That is known as "informed". I am not having any problems with this, it is true that you can simply ram right through them between cities on your horse, but for flag collecting, exploration, and general free-run in the Kingdom section, I just wanted to know if it was normal for all guards to attack. Thanks everyone for replying.

robatubisoft
11-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Fact is, the AI is kinda messed up. It seems to me all guards are automatically suspicious in cities, and yes, in the kingdom area all guards have been KOS for me as well.

I have yet to see a relaxed guard anywhere, even in cities I first enter and merely walk around without killing anyone.

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Guards in the kingdom will almost always be "informed." Also the guards in the kingdom seem like they have a muuuuuuch bigger field of vision than the ones in the cities, And later in the game there will be little search parties in all the cities that are just a group of "informed" guards walking around looking for you, So if you see them blend immediatly, This caused alot of problems for me later on especially when i had pickpocket missions near them cause you have 2 exit blend 2 do a pickpocket...