PDA

View Full Version : I propose a single petition to end all patch queries

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:34 AM
I hope that both forum members and moderators will get on board for this idea. I propose that a petition thread be started in which each forum member types the following words: Dear Ubi Soft, will you please give us an update on the upcoming patch. Along with that, each person should give the serial # for their particular copy of FB. I don't know where the actual number is located on the box or cd case so some help with this idea would be nice. I am hoping that each forum member promises to post no more than that statement and thereafter to cease all threads pertaining to the release of the patch. I would also hope that the moderators would promise not to lock the proposed thread if every member sticks to that statement and their product number. This proposed thread will give all concerned FB customers and fans a single voice and express in a respectful way that we only want some piece of information on where the progress of the patch stands.

So before starting this petition I need A. a way of identifying each individual copy of FB and B. permission from the moderators to go ahead with this plan. Remember that by contributing your name to such a petition you are agreeing not to post any more threads about the patch release date.

This plan may not work, but it is the absolute best chance to get some sort of response from Ubi Soft. It will also have the effect of putting all of the patch threads to an end so the moderators can take a break. By the way, don't post your name here yet, I will start the petition with a different thread if I get permission from at least one of the moderators to go ahead here.

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:34 AM
I hope that both forum members and moderators will get on board for this idea. I propose that a petition thread be started in which each forum member types the following words: Dear Ubi Soft, will you please give us an update on the upcoming patch. Along with that, each person should give the serial # for their particular copy of FB. I don't know where the actual number is located on the box or cd case so some help with this idea would be nice. I am hoping that each forum member promises to post no more than that statement and thereafter to cease all threads pertaining to the release of the patch. I would also hope that the moderators would promise not to lock the proposed thread if every member sticks to that statement and their product number. This proposed thread will give all concerned FB customers and fans a single voice and express in a respectful way that we only want some piece of information on where the progress of the patch stands.

So before starting this petition I need A. a way of identifying each individual copy of FB and B. permission from the moderators to go ahead with this plan. Remember that by contributing your name to such a petition you are agreeing not to post any more threads about the patch release date.

This plan may not work, but it is the absolute best chance to get some sort of response from Ubi Soft. It will also have the effect of putting all of the patch threads to an end so the moderators can take a break. By the way, don't post your name here yet, I will start the petition with a different thread if I get permission from at least one of the moderators to go ahead here.

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Bucinda wrote:
- Dear Ubi Soft,
- will you please give us an update on the upcoming
- patch. Along with that, each person should give the
- serial # for their particular copy of FB

- I am hoping that each forum member promises
- to post no more than that statement and thereafter
- to cease all threads pertaining to the release of
- the patch.

Go for it, I will happily keep that thread within the guidelines you propose and allow one patch whiners thread, should be enough to keep all happy /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I think the forum handle would be sufficient, no need for serial numbers.

<p align="center">
<A HREF="http://mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm" TARGET=_blank>
Unofficial IL-2 Community FAQ</font></A>

<fontsize=2>Hunter82's Tech Pages (http://mudmovers.com/tech/tech_pages.htm)
Forgotten Battles Reality Check (http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_065a.html)
</font></p>

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:57 AM
Ok, thanks.

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 04:18 AM
IBTL. oleg already told us when to expect the patch. any further patch whining Will be locked so why do it?

Right about now your thinking to yourself IS he an Ace or isnt he an Ace? well you just gotta ask yourself one question...do ya feel lucky? ...well do ya... PUNK ??? www.fighterjocks.net (http://www.fighterjocks.net) home of the Real Aces

ShadowHawk__
07-09-2003, 04:32 AM
IBTL? This thread just got sanctioned by a mod so I don't think so buddy. I'd be all for an update on exactly what's happening, I'm anxious for the patch as is everyone else here.

-Death From Above