PDA

View Full Version : ACR <3

LinkAndLoad
11-14-2011, 02:39 AM
So I got my copy on Saturday, and on Sunday I was already finished with the SP.
Its about 8hr story line on a normal pace.
In the beginning things are still a bit vague, in terms of why are we doing these things with Ezzio and what does it have to do with the the complete storyline in general.
But soon things wil fall in place.

The revelations in the end are amazing, and only wanted me to play more of the great indepth story line.

Awesome job, multiplayer is way better then in Brotherhood.

Can only say, damn want to play further.
The Devs did an amazing job, and the cut scenes are beautiful btw.

Eddit:

I didnt wanted to change the expectations of the game.
I must say, im an experienced gamer, played AC since release of the first title. I did rush trough it, also because I was playing with friends who also got it, and no one wanted to fell behind. So we pushed each other to keep playing.

When I finished I had only 290G, so there are tons of things I didnt do.
Like buying shops and armor, sides quests (no doubt I missed some detailed info). I never seen the need of new armor anyway, cause basically u can play every AC without armor upgrades if your familiar with the game. Also i had nothing better to do that weekend.

And with 8hr, I mean 8hr actual game play. So in the end it still occupied the biggest part of my weekend.

Started on Saturday early in the evening, and got to the credits on Sunday evening. And now im still playing to get all other things done.

To Compare CoD is about 5-6hr actual game play.
AC 8-9 hr only story line game play.
Im on 55% Completion. So it will add 8 - 14 more hrs, if its not longer to get the actual 100%. Then u still have Multi-player, wich is awesome btw.

EzioAssassin51
11-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by LinkAndLoad:

Cool, thanks for your non-spoiler feedback! But I feel it will most likely be longer than 8 Hours (saying this also for a lot of people who may suddenly go all HOLY CRAP WHAT? 8 HOURS? AHHHH UBISOFT WTF?) since you did finish it in a day, assuming not straight, so it might have been more just story concentration, am I right?

LightRey
11-14-2011, 02:53 AM
8 hours? I assume you didn't do any side missions then.

Sparty2020
11-14-2011, 02:56 AM
I heard that you had to collect 100 animus fragments to do the full Desmond section. I couldn't even collect 100 feathers without the help of online maps so I don't know about having completed the game.

LinkAndLoad
11-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LinkAndLoad:

Cool, thanks for your non-spoiler feedback! But I feel it will most likely be longer than 8 Hours (saying this also for a lot of people who may suddenly go all HOLY CRAP WHAT? 8 HOURS? AHHHH UBISOFT WTF?) since you did finish it in a day, assuming not straight, so it might have been more just story concentration, am I right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played solely for the story line indeed.
Didn't do much of the side quests only a few.
There is still bunch of things I need to do in SP. So its not that your done with the game after 8 hours. But I was so in to the story line that I went from mission to mission. I can be a rusher when it comes to things, for the fact im a curious person.

PS
For the die hards out there. There is an achievment where u need to complete every mission with 100% sync. That will keep u playing for a while lol.
And yes there are a 100 fragments u can collect in order to unlock a different story line about Desmond Miles.

LightRey
11-14-2011, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LinkAndLoad:

Cool, thanks for your non-spoiler feedback! But I feel it will most likely be longer than 8 Hours (saying this also for a lot of people who may suddenly go all HOLY CRAP WHAT? 8 HOURS? AHHHH UBISOFT WTF?) since you did finish it in a day, assuming not straight, so it might have been more just story concentration, am I right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is still bunch of things I need to do in SP. So its not that your done with the game after 8 hours. But I was so in to the story line that I went from mission to mission. I can be a rusher when it comes to things, for the fact im a curious person.

PS
For the die hards out there. There is an achievment where u need to complete every mission with 100% sync. That will keep u playing for a while lol.
And yes there are a 100 fragments u can collect in order to unlock a different story line about Desmond Miles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cool I'm a completist, so I'll probably have that achievement after about 3 days of playing.

roostersrule2
11-14-2011, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

PS
And yes there are a 100 fragments u can collect in order to unlock a different story line about Desmond Miles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't like that as I want to play as Desmond from when ever I want. However it motivates me more to collect them. I will take my time this time in ACR better then just rushing through it but free roam with random quests should be fun and I will probably go to the animus island a lot.

BlackRose1809
11-14-2011, 03:32 AM
So does that mean we won't learn more about Desmond's life and just be looking for fragments? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

EzioAssassin51
11-14-2011, 03:41 AM
Is it possible to do Desmond's missions (because I heard they are optional) after the story is finished?

PLEASE NO SPOILERS! Just yes or no answer please!

BlackRose1809
11-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Is it possible to do Desmond's missions (because I heard they are optional) after the story is finished?

I'm guessing it's like how in brotherhood you would go in and out the animus sometimes because the story demanded it. And you could sometimes go to the blackroom when you want to.

KrYpToNiC95
11-14-2011, 03:50 AM
8 hours with side missions or not is poor. We should be looking at 15-20 hours with just storyline.

Gil_217
11-14-2011, 04:00 AM

PS
And yes there are a 100 fragments u can collect in order to unlock a different story line about Desmond Miles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>a different story line about Desmond Miles.

What do you mean by a different storyline to Desmond??

LinkAndLoad
11-14-2011, 04:04 AM

Yes u can do them after the story. They are optional, and I haven't done one yet.

Chronomancy
11-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:
8 hours with side missions or not is poor. We should be looking at 15-20 hours with just storyline.

15-20 hours, wow I think your asking for a bit too much.

EzioAssassin51
11-14-2011, 04:27 AM

Yes u can do them after the story. They are optional, and I haven't done one yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok awesome, thanks a ton!!!

Originally posted by Chronomancy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KrYpToNiC95:

15-20 hours, wow I think your asking for a bit too much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus, he admitted to working through it quickly. Besides, it's better to be shorter than stretched out so then people won't complain about missions that just felt like fillers

Sarari
11-14-2011, 06:25 AM
So.....the game is short????? That's disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

LightRey
11-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
So.....the game is short????? That's disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
No, it's not that short. 8 hours is basically the time you get if you do a speedrun.

Jexx21
11-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Yay, fan wars before the game even officially releases!

Grandmaster_Z
11-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Shouldn't be able to do a speedrun on your first time playing....8 hours is pretty short...even without doing the side missions...did the 8 hours include the "Tombs" or "crypts"..

RzaRecta357
11-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Obviously only the main mission ones.

You guys aren't understanding him right. He literally went from mission marker to mission marker for the story.

It took him 8 hours. That's longer than I expected. You could burn through AC1 or AC:B in under that time if you just go hard on story missions.

If you're going to take time actually breathing the city in, messing with the bombs. Doing side missions. Doing the random event side missions and just generally enjoying the game. Did he even get an assassin to level 10 and do his side mission?

Nope.

Don't worry about it so much. This one topic is going to ruin you're ideas of the game before you play it tomorrow.

LinkAndLoad
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I didnt wanted to change the expectations of the game.
I must say, im an experienced gamer, played AC since release of the first title. I did rush trough it, also because I was playing with friends who also got it, and no one wanted to fell behind. So we pushed each other to keep playing.

When I finished I had only 290G, so there are tons of things I didnt do.
Like buying shops and armor, sides quests (no doubt I missed some detailed info). I never seen the need of new armor anyway, cause basically u can play every AC without armor upgrades if your familiar with the game. Also i had nothing better to do that weekend.

And with 8hr, I mean 8hr actual game play. So in the end it still occupied the biggest part of my weekend.

Started on Saturday early in the evening, and got to the credits on Sunday evening. And now im still playing to get all other things done.

To Compare CoD is about 5-6hr actual game play.
AC 8-9 hr only story line game play.
Im on 55% Completion. So it will add 8 - 14 more hrs, if its not longer to get the actual 100%. Then u still have Multi-player, wich is awesome btw.