PDA

View Full Version : 3rd ancestor?

Eregost
12-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Are there any hints on who it will be? Who do you think it will be and why?

Personally I would like it if AC3 didn't have an ancestor. If this is going to be the last game in the current story arc then I want it to be fully dedicated to the modern day end of the world crisis with Desmond and co. travelling around the world to try and stop the Templars, gain the pieces of Eden etc.

So what do you guys think?

LightRey
12-03-2011, 02:03 PM
They confirmed that there will be a next ancestor, so I think we can all be sure there will be. However, at this point I have absolutely no idea. Especially since they tend to use people that aren't famous (except within the order of course) for ancestors.

EdgeR44
12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I personally would love to have the main focus to be Desmond but with multiple small-missions ancestors..

for example 3 of them..one in Ancient Egypt..one in Ancient Rome [perhaps even same ancestor traveling between both]...and finally one in England or American revolution

johnnyhayek
12-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Honestly, a new ancestor would be great. But, there's a condition to that. They have to make it like AC2. Why? Because AC2 introduced Ezio in an incredible way, took place over a period of around 25 years which really adds to the immersion of the game and which tied me closer to Ezio, and it was a long game, with much more focus on assassinations. If they do AC3 the same way, then a new ancestor would be great, especially since that ancestor will only be featured in one game, so they have to get the most out of him/her. Still haven't gotten ACR http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

YuurHeen
12-03-2011, 03:18 PM
maybe a ancestor in the world of the first civilation before it went down.

thekarlone
12-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I prefer no other ancestor. If they have to explain the resolution of the Desmond story, all about Abstergo, there's no enough time to introduce a new whole character, develop his story and complete a new full plot.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
maybe a ancestor in the world of the first civilation before it went down.

That would be awesome and make sense for the story but I think they're going to stick to a historically real time period.

Originally posted by thekarlone:
I prefer no other ancestor. If they have to explain the resolution of the Desmond story, all about Abstergo, there's no enough time to introduce a new whole character, develop his story and complete a new full plot.

Agreed, I don't see how they can pull it off without one side of the story or both being subpar. I don't want short crappy segments for Desmond again in the final game, I want Desmond to be more proactive and use his new found skills and abilities than just lie on the Animus all game.

DTfunjumper
12-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Wouldn't mind a GTA like open world Assassin's Creed in NY or London with a few ancestor quests^^

Eregost
12-03-2011, 03:45 PM
No please not NY or London, at least not in a modern setting. Those cities have to be the two most overdone in games, particularly NY. I like how the AC series has taken us to regions less visited in pop culture and games and hope this continues.

YuurHeen
12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
OR what if desmond is the ancestor this time?

Eregost
12-03-2011, 04:01 PM

You mean we play through the point of view of a descendant? That descendant could then be the protoganist of the next AC series, replacing Desmond's role. I like it, I like it a lot.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 02:43 AM
I dunno. That sounds too Inceptiony to me.

maxriderules
12-04-2011, 05:06 AM
There's no such thing as too inceptiony.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by maxriderules:
There's no such thing as too inceptiony.
Inception was already too inceptiony. Besides, though there are similarities between AC and Inception considering that both their stories take place mostly in virtual realities, their main themes regarding these concepts are completely different.

AC, contrary to Inception (and The Matrix for that matter), isn't about how indistinguishable such a virtual is to the real world.

maxriderules
12-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Wasn't the entire indistinguishable aspect why subject 16 went mad? and also the bleeding effect hallucinations in AC2?

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah I hate how people compare to inception when they're basically nothing alike save for sitting in a chair and playing in your mind.

Desmond being the ancestor is a bad idea though.

LightRey
12-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by maxriderules:
Wasn't the entire indistinguishable aspect why subject 16 went mad? and also the bleeding effect hallucinations in AC2?
Well, yes, but in that case it's a subconscious thing. It's not like Desmond and 16 are consciously having trouble seeing the difference between the two, or that they're philosophically debating if it matters if the world you live in is real or not or if there's truly even a difference. That's where they differ.