PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess it doesn't matter to me if they fix this game now.

Parogar
04-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Because I finished this awful piece of garbage, in six hours.

360 controller didn't work, SLI didn't work.

Speaking of the games performance. The graphics, are HORRENDOUS, and it works worse than crysis.

On High settings with NO AA, and 2 gtx 260's (only one with this game I guess) and a Q6600 at 3ghz. I got about 25 average fps. Absolutely disgusting. And the graphics at times look PS2'ish.

What's the worst part of it all, you say?

I spent $60 on this. An ABSOLUTE rip-off. This game should have been $30 TOPS. Then I could forgive it for the rest of its flaws. But this was an absolute rip-off.

So even if they fix this game, it won't matter to me now. I already finished this laughably (or cry-ably) short game. Nothing left to be enjoyed here.

My last ubisoft purchase. It is literally impossible for the to win me back now.

chrkaise
04-28-2010, 02:49 PM
i dont think your pc is playing the game correctly, i never drop below 30 fps on medium (except in some cutscenes) and i barely meet their "recommended" specs.

yeah the single player was very short i agree

sludog1
04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm with you Parogar, this is freakin terrible! I have a 4870x2, asus p6tdeluxev2, 12g ram, i7 920@3.6 and the game is unplayable. A complete waste of 60bux and now that I know its 6 hours long, Im even MORE ****ed off! Game is crashing constantly, no matter what part I'm at, talking, randomly running along, whatever. Every game I've played on this rig since I built it, new or old, can play maxed out with everything turned on, but this crap forces everything off, rez getting turned down from HD and it still f's up. and even better, i submitted a ticket to UbiCrap and they sent me back instructions, completely ignoring my specs or info, but hey, they did provide some "helpful" tips for running Scandisk and Defrag!!

TheStranger.
04-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the group, donuts and coffee are in the corner. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I myself gave up on Ubicrap back when I realized how pathetic a waste of money Double Gaygent was. I'm only here to entertain myself with the multiple threads bashing this Ubi'er garbage.

M4GIKRU
04-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Im running steady 60FPS(max on my screen) on one 5850 OCed a bit with everything maxxed. Graphically, mechanically its magnificent IMHO, still ****ed bout the wireless controller *** up tho.

TLG1991
04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
i only have 1 gtx 260, and 2.3 GHz and i can run mine at high settings and at least 50 fps.

there's defo something not right with your comp wait for a patch see if that 1.01 does anything when it finally comes out for every1

GMAN_1986
04-29-2010, 02:43 PM
I want that patch so bad, how come some people have it and some don't, it's weird

ForceReconNeo
04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by TheStranger.:
Welcome to the group, donuts and coffee are in the corner. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I myself gave up on Ubicrap back when I realized how pathetic a waste of money Double Gaygent was. I'm only here to entertain myself with the multiple threads bashing this Ubi'er garbage.
and someone cares, i swear it...

game works fine and is fun wtf more do you want? it to confrigure your hardware for you because everyone complaining has a decent or better rig, **** my budget PC runs single player like a champ and coop on medium. grow the f*** up.

TheStranger.
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Well you go and enjoy playing your game for about another week or two. After that you will probably realize that almost no one will be playing the online MP anymore because they will be either too frustrated by a lack of support for the connectivity issues or they will just be bored with the fact that no one else can play. If i'm wrong then so be it but I hardly doubt that will be the case since there are already multiple threads on both the Xbox and PC forums complaining about the lack of players.

And lucky you, you got the game working on your computer. To be honest I got Double Agent working relatively well on my computer with no problems either. Other than the fact that the graphics settings had to be manually changed because you couldn't get them to stay in HD. And the keymap was screwed up so that you couldn't even map a substantial number of the keys on the keyboard. But after all that the game still sucked, the support sucked and the fact that hardly anyone else could get it working made trying to play online SUCK.

So telling me to grow up is kinda funny since I'm the one who realized that I would rather not support a company that ha almost no respect for their customers.

ForceReconNeo
04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
did you buy this game or are you trolling to get people to not buy it, you dont make sense.

btw i have something called "friends", with whom i will enjoy this game as long as Ubi servers are up. have no clue what you're talking about and if you're the same "stranger" i know youre just mad they made a game that will compete with your indie game. I even told PS to put in a single player or coop mode.

so **** off, i even put a linky in my sig, not much more you can ask for.

TheStranger.
04-29-2010, 06:58 PM
did you buy this game or are you trolling to get people to not buy it, you dont make sense.

Of course I didn't buy it and that is exactly what I'm doing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

What I don't understand is why you are getting so upset about my quest against Ubisoft. Do you have some stocks in the company or something?

As for PS and this game I'm pretty sure there won't be much of any competition really. PS is only going to be a version of Versus whereas Conviction here is nothing like that anymore. Hell, it isn't really a Splinter Cell game anymore according to a lot of people. Neither is Versus for that matter.

Besides all that my vendetta has nothing to do with versus or PS or any of that. My problem with Ubisoft is the fact that they release horrible ports of their Xbox games and don't support them.
Now, some people may argue that Annecy and Montreal are the true Ubisoft developers and they only release good games. That may be, but they still sell glitchy and broken games developed by Shanghai and call them Ubisoft games which still cost money.

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier. I have come to realize that the better your rig is the more likely you will have problems trying to play Ubisoft Xbox ports. The game was supposedly developed and optimized to run on 5 yr old technology not todays so a bad port often doesn't work. Even Chaos Theory had this problem. So many people could barely get co-op to work because of all the connection issues. A lot of that problem was found out to be cause by something as stupid as the resolution on the two computers was different..

ForceReconNeo
04-29-2010, 07:21 PM
ill not be a nerd and not read your wall of text:

I dont care about ubisoft, except the fact they made games i purchased...

double "Gaygent" as you call it wasnt that great of a game and maybe you feel ripped off but parading around telling people conviction is unplayable is asinine...

if you can properly maintain a PC, that uses current generation hardware, and you're not on the ATI waiting list then you can play this, only problem i see is the coop/multiplayer servers being down. same deal with bad company2 at the beginning.

TheStranger.
04-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't HAVE to tell people that the game doesn't work. Look at the forums.

Well your $60 is your money, you spend it however you want even if it is for a game in which you can't even play the MP. "only problem i see is the coop/multiplayer servers being down." You said it, not me.

My time is my time and since I'm stuck working late tonight waiting on things I'll spend it trolling the forums.

ForceReconNeo
04-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by TheStranger.:
I don't HAVE to tell people that the game doesn't work. Look at the forums.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1014258/m/9331013758 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7211014258/m/9331013758)

yeah this topic is full of complaints /sarcasm.

single player is perfect... however coop is barely playable, forcing me to get SLI and even then it might nt be playable... had no idea it was this bad

chmun77
04-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Limerick_:
ill not be a nerd and not read your wall of text:

I dont care about ubisoft, except the fact they made games i purchased...

double "Gaygent" as you call it wasnt that great of a game and maybe you feel ripped off but parading around telling people conviction is unplayable is asinine...

if you can properly maintain a PC, that uses current generation hardware, and you're not on the ATI waiting list then you can play this, only problem i see is the coop/multiplayer servers being down. same deal with bad company2 at the beginning.

Now this is so unfair. Care to enlighten us on how you actually PROPERLY maintain a PC? This is a new games and it cannot even support older gen cards like HD3xxx series?! What a joke!!

And yes. We got the game with our REAL cash. Not some torrent downloads. Why not Ubi take good care of its game development quality before trying out all those piracy bull****?!

ForceReconNeo
04-29-2010, 08:00 PM
if ATI is unsupported everyone just points at Ubi... what if Ubi did everythign they could?

not saying anyone is at fault but the fact is nobody's sure why.

point is most games these days require a Gaming PC to run it, thats what a big name like ubi asks of its customers. please know this before saying "oh my Core2 E4250 doesnt run it well, but i have a gtx 260 (9800 Rebrand), and 2 gigs of ram.

the server disconnects are doing well, you cannt avoid that.

personally i am learning the maps but disconnects are not present, for the moderate short time i used it.

TheStranger.
04-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Limerick_:
if ATI is unsupported everyone just points at Ubi... what if Ubi did everythign they could?

Why shouldn't the customer point the finger at the producer of the game? It isn't the hardware manufactures responsibility to provide drivers for individual games. If Ubi can't get the game to run properly on the current drivers then it should be their problem.

not saying anyone is at fault but the fact is nobody's sure why.

That is convenient for ubisoft since so many people went out and spent $60 on the game and no one is sure why it isn't working properly for the majority of the customers.

point is most games these days require a Gaming PC to run it, thats what a big name like ubi asks of its customers. please know this before saying "oh my Core2 E4250 doesnt run it well, but i have a gtx 260 (9800 Rebrand), and 2 gigs of ram.

Ubisoft has been talking for years about moving the game in a direction that is more approachable to the casual gamer. So I don't understand how it would make sense to create a game that won't run or even install on a computer owned by a casual gamer. Not everyone can afford to spend $2-5k on a tricked out top of the line gaming computer.

Limerik_, one thing I want to stress to you is that I'm not bashing you or anyone that CAN run the game and is satisfied with it. I'm glad that you can play the game and have fun but please don't blow smoke up everyones *** about how they are just incapable of installing and running a game by such a prestigious company like Ubisoft.

Linzhang7
04-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Graphically its fine, ignore all the spoiled dudes who just want to plug their expensivo cards in to thier mobos and hope it will run 100%

Im running at everything best quality, using an 500mb 8800gts AMD 955 4x core 800$ machine and it runs rock steady at 59fps

Parogar
04-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Linzhang7:
Graphically its fine, ignore all the spoiled dudes who just want to plug their expensivo cards in to thier mobos and hope it will run 100%

Im running at everything best quality, using an 500mb 8800gts AMD 955 4x core 800$ machine and it runs rock steady at 59fps

I call BS. I bet you're just "guessing" at what your fps is, but are actally too dumb to use fraps.

An 8800gts? Prove that you are running the game in the "best" quality, on an outdoor level or I call utter BS.

chmun77
04-30-2010, 05:12 AM

Get a life and stop being a troll. Get out of this forum if you have nothing to contribute and stop boasting how good ur card is.

droezelke
04-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Finally there is a review of the PC version by someone who has actually played the game. And it's on Gamespot.com. All the issues that are mentioned in the forums are mentioned in the review. Glitches, bugs, crashes to desktop, poor performance on high-end rigs, DRM-problems, ... have all been experienced by the reviewer. And the score is 65/100. I hope Ubisoft will read this review.
It makes me wonder if the other review sites have actually played the PC-version or just copied the review of the console version.

droezelke
04-30-2010, 06:27 AM

Why would you lie about your framerate? And I know you are. Nobody can play this game at 59fps (this is btw strange because the game is locked at 60fps) at all times. Please don't make such posts where you twist the truth about a game that has major performance problems.

chmun77
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by droezelke:
Finally there is a review of the PC version by someone who has actually played the game. And it's on Gamespot.com. All the issues that are mentioned in the forums are mentioned in the review. Glitches, bugs, crashes to desktop, poor performance on high-end rigs, DRM-problems, ... have all been experienced by the reviewer. And the score is 65/100. I hope Ubisoft will read this review.
It makes me wonder if the other review sites have actually played the PC-version or just copied the review of the console version.

Do u have the link? I'm curious to see. And hope to add few comments about how bad the game is.