PDA

View Full Version : Cannot delete a Winboard personality

Rimba1
11-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello,
after adding a Winboard engine with the menu command "Import Winboard Engine...", I cannot delete or modify it.
I go in "Set up personality...", Select... button and when I choose my Winboard personality I receive an error "File is damaged or is not a Chessmaster file.".
Howewer I can play with it...

Thank's

willy_297
11-21-2007, 10:25 PM
maybe u need to delere the engine.exe before
(eg rybkademo.exe)

diskamyl
11-22-2007, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by willy_297:
maybe u need to delere the engine.exe before
(eg rybkademo.exe)

no, that doesn't work, but you CAN delete winboard personalities manually. Go to the "Personalities" folder in your CM, which is by default in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Chessmaster Grandmaster Edition\Data\Personalities and delete the file "///name of your winboard engine///.CMP" and it will be deleted.

Rimba1
11-22-2007, 12:05 PM
OK, i delete manually the personality and works... but however I cannot modify my personality (for example the ELO rating).
This was possible with the previous version of Chessmaster.
Another bug?

Thank's

diskamyl
11-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Rimba1:
OK, i delete manually the personality and works... but however I cannot modify my personality (for example the ELO rating).
This was possible with the previous version of Chessmaster.
Another bug?

Thank's

yes, modifying cannot be done in the set up personality menu. however, when you start a new training game and choose your opponents, there is an "edit" button under the "select" button, click edit and you can change the rating. (which is the only thing you can change).

however, be sure to check if the winboard engine becomes a mirror of theking engine after editing, because it is the case when you use polyglot to adapt the winboard engine.

Rimba1
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
OK, with the "edit..." button i can change the rating.

Thank you for your answer.

Rimba1
11-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Sorry for my next question,
when i change the rating personality with the "edit..." button I save a backup copy of chessmaster engine and not my winboard engine.
I verified this by deleting the executable of winboard engine and the personality still work.
My engine is winboard compatible and I'm not using polyglot.

Thank's in advance...

diskamyl
11-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Rimba1:
Sorry for my next question,
when i change the rating personality with the "edit..." button I save a backup copy of chessmaster engine and not my winboard engine.
I verified this by deleting the executable of winboard engine and the personality still work.
My engine is winboard compatible and I'm not using polyglot.

Thank's in advance...

well yes, as I have mentioned, that's what happens when you edit personalities. you get to play a copy of theking. I don't know of any way of editing winboard personalities safely.