PDA

View Full Version : an terrible accident.

actionhank1786
10-15-2004, 09:08 AM
This is crazy.
Last night, i was watching TV, here in Columbia Missouri, and then the new interupts for a New Bullitain. So i'm figuring it'll be something about a missing kid or something.
But then the public is informed that around 10, a CRJ-2 (united Flight i think) had crashed into the ground in Jeff City. (it's the State capital, 30 minutes away)
Amazingly, the plane crashed into the ground, just between a bunch of houses, actually dropping right into someone's backyard. They lost a garage and a shed, but those are so replacable.
They said that there are no confirmed deaths (they are still searching for the pilots, but i find it hard to believe they survived.) But anyways, i'm really pulling for the pilots to be alive, luckily they were the only ones onboard.
My prayers are with the families as they wait for the news on their friends and family members.

actionhank1786
10-15-2004, 09:08 AM
This is crazy.
Last night, i was watching TV, here in Columbia Missouri, and then the new interupts for a New Bullitain. So i'm figuring it'll be something about a missing kid or something.
But then the public is informed that around 10, a CRJ-2 (united Flight i think) had crashed into the ground in Jeff City. (it's the State capital, 30 minutes away)
Amazingly, the plane crashed into the ground, just between a bunch of houses, actually dropping right into someone's backyard. They lost a garage and a shed, but those are so replacable.
They said that there are no confirmed deaths (they are still searching for the pilots, but i find it hard to believe they survived.) But anyways, i'm really pulling for the pilots to be alive, luckily they were the only ones onboard.
My prayers are with the families as they wait for the news on their friends and family members.

VW-IceFire
10-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Also...Halifax NS...747 cargo plane lost its tail on takeoff and ran off the runway for almost a full kilometer. Couple of days ago.

AlexDavies
10-15-2004, 04:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

9th_Bloodfist
10-15-2004, 05:01 PM
I really hope they make it. When I was a kid a small single engine plane crashed on our property. We were playing baseball in the frontyard and the pilots took circled above us twice with it's engine sputtering to get our attention. It went nose down in a creek about in the pasture beside us. My cousin and I were the first on the scene, so I've seen what damage a crash can cause. Amazingly, both pilots were still alive and concious. My dad arrived shortly after us and mananged to stop the bleeding on the pilot. Needless to say his entire left arm was hanging on by a few muscles just below the shoulder. Both pilots legs were crushed because the engine had collapsed on top of them. The emergency team showed up within minutes of the crash and said that is my dad wouldn't have stoped the bleeding the pilot would have died. Both pilots survived, and the pilot got to keep his arm! It's just a little shorter than the other arm lol. The pilot still keeps intouch with my dad, and we have some pictures of the crash at my parents house. I would post them, but they are pretty disturbing, because there was a lot of blood everywhere. Anyways, my heart goes out to those people on that plane, I wish that type of fate on nobody.

Resident_Jock
10-15-2004, 06:49 PM
First time I heard about this accident was a couple hours ago on Foxnews. Apparently both pilots have been confirmed killed in the crash. Nobody on the ground was hurt.

heywooood
10-15-2004, 07:05 PM
I wonder if these incidents have spiked security interest in cargo flights...

Fliger747
10-16-2004, 11:02 AM
The initial information I have on the MK 747-200 freighter crash in Halifax was that an intersection takeoff was made and insufficent runway remained to make a sucessful takoff.

As goofy as this sounds, in the dark, poor weather etc, extreme caution is needed to make sure you are where you think you are on the airport. China Airlines A-340 departed on a taixway at Anchorage International a couple of years ago instead of the correct runway. They did make it barely, leaving tire tracks trough the snow berm at the end of the taxiway. Though at night, this one is inexplicable as the taxiway was at a 90 deg angle to the runway!

actionhank1786
10-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Yeah i just heard today that the pilots both died.
It's unfortunate really
My heart goes out to their families.

Fliger747
10-17-2004, 11:32 AM
That is sad indeed. Sounds as if they may have been on a training flight?

Aviation is dangerous. Over the years I have lost many good friends and associates in aircraft accidents. My dad said they lost (killed) about 5% of the guys killed in primary flight training during the war, including watching one of his buddies auger in near the field.

May you alll be blessed with safe flights!

Amer82nd
10-17-2004, 11:53 AM
If anyone is interested in Aviation safety look at www.airdisaster.com (http://www.airdisaster.com). They have pics and detailed reports of the accidents. They also have some video, Cockpit Voice Recorder Sound files and Transcripts. It is a wealth of knowledge on finding out why accidents happened and what was done to prevent future accidents.