PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.

actionhank1786
04-23-2005, 03:19 PM
I didn't read through the thread, but i heard that Oleg had been in a pretty nasty car accident. So i was sitting here wondering, if maybe after so long of Oleg giving us so much, maybe we could set up a pay pal account for him or something of that sort, maybe just to help him out with his expenses. I mean, i dont know at all, the rules and stipulations put on pay pal, and the things needed for other countries, but it's just an idea that i got,
anyone got some know how with pay pal that could maybe answer this more surely?
Thanks guys

actionhank1786
04-23-2005, 03:19 PM
I didn't read through the thread, but i heard that Oleg had been in a pretty nasty car accident. So i was sitting here wondering, if maybe after so long of Oleg giving us so much, maybe we could set up a pay pal account for him or something of that sort, maybe just to help him out with his expenses. I mean, i dont know at all, the rules and stipulations put on pay pal, and the things needed for other countries, but it's just an idea that i got,
anyone got some know how with pay pal that could maybe answer this more surely?
Thanks guys

PF_Coastie
04-23-2005, 03:37 PM
AH, I just put the same remarks on page 4 of that thread. I think it is an incredible idea.

Perhaps rename your thread title to say just that and someone may be able to take the ball and run with it.

VW-IceFire
04-23-2005, 04:06 PM
A cool idea and one thats worth some thought. If I had a disposable income I'd probably donate a few (but I'm a graduating student and unemployed...and probably unemployable).

Eraser_tr
04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
You designed the tempest model right? you could get a 3d animation job somewhere probably.

Initially I was very skeptical about the truth of the car accident as a "dog ate my homework" kind of excuse, but thinking about it, its just too serious of a claim to make and not be truthfull about.

A paypal donation account would be a nice idea.

I'm a student not even graduating, or so much as have a major yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Aeronautico
04-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Provided Oleg really needs it, I'd be glad to partecipate. But it sounds very weird.

JunkoIfurita
04-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I'd be in on this. I'm a student and (virtually - selling a few stories don't pay the bills) unemployed also, but the point is that if I could afford $25, and even 10% of the players of this game who give a d@mn could also, then we could at least take a big chunk out of the medical/insurance bills.

Compassion aside, it'd be a **** fine way of showing Oleg & the Dev team that not all of us are a zoo full 'o whiners who just want something for nothing.

So, who has a paypal account?

----

vocatx
04-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Count me in. I can only imagine how he has felt lately, what with all the whining about the p****. Things like that pale in comparison to an accident like he has had. I'm a volunteer fire-fighter who has worked a lot of accidents and believe me, anyone getting rear-ended by another car at high speed will cause some pain that will take a while to get over.

LeadSpitter_
04-25-2005, 09:39 AM
ask him how much he makes a year since http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I dont think he needs donations well maybe for all the pirate bastards with pf and aep.

All ubi has to do is release a maddox platnium pack including fb aep pf and 4.0 when it comes out.

All on one dvd which would increase sales, not many of the leechers would download somthing so huge, they should require il2fbnew.exe.

I own all 4 sturmovik, fb, aep, pf and getting them when they first came out its over $150.

If they released a platnium pack for $49 I think alot of people would be more interested in purchasing the sim rather then having to look for 3 games or fb aep gold pack and pf.

Maybe throw in a couple more flyable planes like they plan on for the russian addon, maps, and work on making existing ai aircraft flyable. Something to get people to want to buy it again to make some more money.

I know I would buy it on one dvd just to support 1c and ubi, Im sure many others would to who visit the forums.

Maybe the large ammount of HL players who leeched all three or all three of the series would do the right thing and buy the game.

crazyivan1970
04-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Working on it guys, will let you know. Or Hunter will.. one way or another.

LS, he will get pennies on each copy sold, unfortunately.

Old_Canuck
04-25-2005, 01:06 PM
I want in on this. Regardless of how much income Oleg makes, I think it would be a kind gesture for us supporters to "put our money where our mouth is" and let him know we appreciate his efforts to keep our little niche market alive.

T_O_A_D
04-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I'd buy the DVD version, also even though I all ready got all of it.

JunkoIfurita
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Working on it guys, will let you know. Or Hunter will.. one way or another. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Ivan. Drop a sticky, and we'll see how many people we can rustle up. Oleg can count on our support.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> LS, he will get pennies on each copy sold, unfortunately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my suspicion, too. International sales just don't pay off when the markets mesh so poorly. One of my short story collections sold very well in China, for example - but I was making about 2-3 cents per sale after duties and taxes, as opposed to $2 per sale. Even though I was selling 10 times as many copies, the payoff was limited. (I still enjoy the Chinese market, mostly because I like being read more than I enjoy the money: a necessary trait in a writer of fiction ^_^)

I imagine the situation is very similar with Maddox Games being distributed through Ubi internationally. It's not a case of anyone screwing anyone (at least not ALL the time), but simply a side effect of international trade in the Creative Industries.

----

actionhank1786
04-26-2005, 11:51 PM
It's awesome to see some support guys!
I'm not talking like 20 dollar donations from everyone.
Myself being a Freshman in college, and with a job that barely keeps my car running (my mothers purse still funds a majority of my events on the "i swear i'll pay you back" ideal)
but even a little bit like 1-5 dollars is that much more that Oleg wouldn't have to come up with
And hell, even if you can't give anything, just wish the man a speedy recovery.
If nothing else the small bit of money we could raise would take some stress out of his day, and show how appreciative we are to have a developer that gives half a d@mn about the status of his product.
Just my thoughts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif