PDA

View Full Version : Facts about the real Assassins?

Elvoen
08-22-2009, 06:19 AM
hello guys,
this might be my first post, however I am looking here on the forum for a long time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I've got some questions for ( most of all ) the people who have knowledge about AC and about the real Assassins around the 12th century.

it could be that you guys already discussed this several times, I couldnt find those topics.

just like everyone else here, I was fascinated with AC and especially with its story line. just like everyone else , atleast I assume that, I was obsessed with everything from the game and the facts around the game, names etc. etc.
however I wonder how much of the game is really true or based on facts...
I always assumed that most of the things in the game would be true.. but after I read some stuff I am wondering what is true and what is not... I hope some of you guys can help / explain / give your opinion about these facts :
( and this is really on the internet, havent made something up , google it if you dont trust me )

- Assassins would never run , wich is quit a big thing in the game. they wanted to die after they killed someone. so that means that they could only assasinate 1 person in their life. and not work with ranks
- Assassins were Islamic warriors, that would be warriors of the Shi'a, wich is the second largest branch of the islam. in the Shi'a , the Assassins were part of the so called: ismaili.
this might not seem so important but it is: these groups of the Shi'a were warriors against other muslims of the largest branch :Sunni.
to make this clear : the Assassins would only assassinate leaders of other Muslim groups or muslim leaders who would not be a muslim in the way the assassins wanted them to be. the assassins never killed crusaders unless they had good relations with Sunni leaders. And in AC I think you would rather kill crusaders then muslims ( however you do kill a few ) but the main enemy seems to be the Templars
- Robert du sable , was never assasinated wich is the main goal in AC.

still ofc. its a great game :")
I hope that you guys can tell me some other stuff , or tell me that I am wrong etc. etc.

can't wait for AC 2, I just hope the story line with Leonardo da vinci wont be exactly the same as in the Da vinci Code. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ezio28101943
08-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Actually the game is more based on the 1938 novel called "Alamut" If you read it, or read the summary online, it is obvious that the games creators based the game off of it.

Alamut (1938 Novel) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamut_(1938_novel))

Charlie_Romeo
08-22-2009, 07:04 AM
i would say that the novel is 1 of manythings the AC developers looked at while making the games. Looks a good book aswell.

Ezio28101943
08-22-2009, 07:07 AM
yeah, i ordered it from amazon, havent gotton it yet though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Azugo
08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Someone from the AC Crew said that they base their games off true stuff, but they tweak it a little to improve the storyline. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ezio28101943
08-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Yeah, like the people who who are sent to kill, Robert, Tamir, etc. They where all actual people who dies in 1191 ad or around that time. It also uses some of the actual buildings and sites. But the storyline is from Alamut mostly since nearly all of your targets weren't assassinated in real life.

Danvish
08-22-2009, 09:07 AM
This thread has gone up so many times that Cas is already on his way with a horde of dead horses.

Charlie_Romeo
08-22-2009, 09:10 AM
u know what i gt a horse aswell ... ... ... ... but i like the topic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xm3buX
08-22-2009, 09:52 AM
The assassins didn't want to die after they assassinated their targets, it's just that they hardly ever survived because they usually killed their targes during prayer in the mosques, and obviously it would be hard to escape from that.

They also dressed as merchants and monks to disguise themselves.

Ezio28101943
08-22-2009, 11:12 AM
They didn't want to die, but they usually died since they where often outnumbered by 50 guards. However they accepted the fact that they had to die.

Marco polo saw this and he couldn't believe that somebody could be so willing to die without drugs. So when he went back to Europe, he invented the name of Hashashin's (follower's of Hash)

NoxieDC
08-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Elvoen:
- Assassins would never run , wich is quit a big thing in the game. they wanted to die after they killed someone

Originally said by Jade Raymond:
We've taken bits and pieces of real facts and changed them a little bit to fit our needs.
And so rightfully you did.

davethepaveway
08-22-2009, 02:20 PM
i couldnt ever imagine an assassin killing his target and just allowing himself to be killed not a chance it doesnt happen. kill, retreat, do another job. always.

MartaVasques
08-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ezio28101943:
Actually the game is more based on the 1938 novel called "Alamut" If you read it, or read the summary online, it is obvious that the games creators based the game off of it.

Alamut (1938 Novel) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamut_(1938_novel))

ďAlamutĒ is a great book. I read it after playing AC (hurray for videogames that contribute for education!). It pictures the story of a young man and his learning and training to become an assassin.
And yes, AC is vaguely based on that book, especially when it comes to using only a blade to assassinate your targets, doing it in public places, being prepared to die for your mission, learning how to be a master of disguise and a shadow in the crowd. And the leap of faith, of course. That too is vividly described in the book.
It is a great reading, and I strongly recommend it. Not only because of AC (you will find yourself smiling to see many details that surely inspired the game), but also because it gives you insight on how things evolved to terrorism as we know it nowadays.

Ezio28101943
08-22-2009, 02:39 PM
yes, it is quite eye-opening to the fact on how the Assassin leader makes it like a paradise to them and makes them almost wanting to die.

In fact, if you read the location for the last memory block, the location actually says Paradise.

MartaVasques
08-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ezio28101943:
yes, it is quite eye-opening to the fact on how the Assassin leader makes it like a paradise to them and makes them almost wanting to die.

Thatís right. That is quite impressive.
When I saw the description of the gardens in the book, it instantly reminded me of the girls in Al-Mualimís garden. But letís not spoil it for those who havenít read it yet! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Ok, I'm going to clear this up one by one {i don't care if u guys already did >_<}

1. yes they ran all the time, and no they didn't want to die, the thing u were talking about is that they never commited suicide, they prefered to be killed by someone else but they would still do there best to get away and most of the time they succeded

2. the assassins were NOT and I repeat NOT Islamic warriors, they were their own country and assassinated those it deemed to threaten their national security.

3. they didn't just kill Muslims they didn't give a flying monkey's right tooth about what their nationality or religion was, they threatened the Hashashin way so they must be eliminated, but they would sneak into there house or resting place first and usually place a knife marked by the Hashashin by the ruler as a warning to correct his ways or he would be taken care of.

If u want to here more things about them, I have a whole section of my private library about them, same with the templars

Elvoen
08-23-2009, 01:41 PM
well disturbme guy

I am sorry for you, but clearly you cant read or have the wrong books.

Assassins were muslim warriors.. I have absolutly no idea why you would say that they were warriors who fought for their country, its even on wikipedia.. cmon I expect more then that when you say you have an entire libary.
I ll quote for you (first line in wikipedia ): was the Arabic designation of the Nizari branch of the Ism?'?l? Shia Muslims during the Middle Ages. .... so they were muslim warriors just like crusaders were christian warriors.

just as I said, everything I said in the first post is information wich is 1000 percent true, even asked my history teachers.
some of you say: they dont want to die, they just couldnt fight all the guards so did nothing.
true, however almost every historian will explain this: they choose to die. some scientist see this as the first '' suicide killers'' from the islam

so ok , thanks for that advice about the book. I even saw that line nothing is true everything is permitted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. great might read it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-23-2009, 02:56 PM
u trust wikipedia? dude u need some better sources, I have books from professors who study at Cambridge and the such, it's also been said plenty of times on this forum that wikipedia is crap for the assassin history, and no they never chose to die, they just prefered that if they did, it was by an enemy

MartaVasques
08-23-2009, 03:12 PM
There is a big difference between being prepared to die and being willing to die. As far as I know, the Assassins were prepared to give their life for a mission, but they were not suicidal. If that was the case, they wouldnít use stealth to kill their targets and escape. They didnít want to get caught. Besides, if every Assassin got terminated at each mission, they would be hard to replace. Donít forget the training and education of an Assassin took many years, most of the time since childhood.
Of course they would die standing if things went wrong, but that was not their primary goalÖ

danial_refahi
08-24-2009, 11:30 PM
I read a book (assassin ) that say they group was build before 1000 they was muslim at the first they think with killing bad people they help them but after a 300 or 200 year one pop that aforgot his name make the assassin in christian and italy that pop has alot of enemy
and use assassin to kill we see they can use all weapons and its true they climb wall with rop kill people stealthy after that pop die
the assassins going to be merc and take money to kill people and after renisance they going to be unseen from every one and ever one say they all die but another time in 1940 the pop
make a assassin and sent them to france to help or kill nazism but this time they use modern weapon like gun and assissnate general who dont give them those information that they want

MartaVasques
08-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Iím sorry, Danial, I donít understand what youíre saying. Itís really hard to understand what you wrote because of the lack of punctuation. Could you please explain it better? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EmperorxZurg
08-25-2009, 09:10 AM
and for some reason every time he tried to say pope he said pop, but during WW2 and before that time the assassins had retro-developed into just a business and no longer with rules or anything, even in the rennaisance it was starting to no longer be a creed but just a way to get money

danial_refahi
09-19-2009, 12:21 AM
My friend Im realy sorry for my bad english .
I told you I read book about assassin (not alamot) that book was about the assassin after 1191 . in that year assassin was regroup by pope
and kill alot of people
After that pope died the assassins going to work for themselves and work for every one who payed them untill rennaisance after someone attack them with a great army most of them died
and some of them escape and hide for 10 years after that they start to train new troops but they cant(I dont know why)

EmperorxZurg
09-19-2009, 11:14 AM
man this was such a necro, hey just put it in the topic about facts about the assassins, that's where we're all planning to discuss it, we have one for the templars too

moqqy
09-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
man this was such a necro, hey just put it in the topic about facts about the assassins, that's where we're all planning to discuss it, we have one for the templars too

Hahhaahahahahahaha

Man, come on. You post a thread that no-one even responds to and suddenly we're all planning to discuss it over there?

Okay..