PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Hits in FB

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
hey i was using the QMB, and as i was persuing a shooting a Il2 type 3 i think it was, the rounds were hitting then instead of little flashes, i saw white trails of smoke shooting off the plane. what are those white trails?

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
hey i was using the QMB, and as i was persuing a shooting a Il2 type 3 i think it was, the rounds were hitting then instead of little flashes, i saw white trails of smoke shooting off the plane. what are those white trails?

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Those are supposed to be ricochets I think, though I don't have any idea why they would leave white trails behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When my brother and I built and flew the first man-carrying flying machine, we thought that we were introducing into the world an invention which would make further wars impossible..."

Orville Wright, 1917

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 01:13 AM
I thought it might be from hitting the rockets under the wings and causing them to fire. I dunno, my 2 cents.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 01:24 AM
yes they are rounds deflecting off of the armor plating. A lot of planes have this. I would personally like to see an effect along the same lines where when firing at ground targets (thinking specifically about the P-47 here) you could see tracer rounds deflecting off of the ground or the armor of the target and streaking into the sky as you can see in some gun cam footage.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 01:35 AM
Shifty101 wrote:
personally like to see an effect along the same
- lines where when firing at ground targets (thinking
- specifically about the P-47 here) you could see
- tracer rounds deflecting off of the ground or the
- armor of the target and streaking into the sky as
- you can see in some gun cam footage.
-
-

It is only days away, I hear. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://www.cherokee.org/Culture/images/proctorZeke.jpg
"My ancestors didn't come over in the Mayflower--they met the boat."

http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612345111

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 02:46 AM
Hah, I was chasing IL-2's in my Yak-9K in QMB . .

I hit the tail of one and I saw thosewhite trails leaving, but there had to be fifity of them in a starburts patter. It spooked the buhjeebus out of me.

Later, on a different enemy, I say an AP (non explosive) shell richochet of a wing . . . but its white trail went on past the range of the cannon w/o richohet (?)

I've also killed IL-2's with richochets from HE's . . you see the white trails and the plane die.