PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Forums (Opera)(couldn't find a "forum issues" forums, so I'm posting here)

FI-Aflak
04-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I checked the ubi forums, there was no proper place for this thread, so maybe the right person will see it if i post here.

As some of you are aware, Opera 8 came out a couple days ago, a lightning fast, stable, well featured browser. very small, not bloated, very good tab subbort, no longer has issues with java. In other words, I want to use it. However, Opera 8 is not on the compatability list for these forums, when it is probably fully compatable. I can only assume the forum checks for Opera 7.x, and the versio 8 has just confused it.

This is just a heads up about a small maintainence chore the webmaster needs to preform.

FI-Aflak
04-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I checked the ubi forums, there was no proper place for this thread, so maybe the right person will see it if i post here.

As some of you are aware, Opera 8 came out a couple days ago, a lightning fast, stable, well featured browser. very small, not bloated, very good tab subbort, no longer has issues with java. In other words, I want to use it. However, Opera 8 is not on the compatability list for these forums, when it is probably fully compatable. I can only assume the forum checks for Opera 7.x, and the versio 8 has just confused it.

This is just a heads up about a small maintainence chore the webmaster needs to preform.

madsarmy
04-20-2005, 01:40 AM
I have been using Opera for a coulpe of years, but I could never get Opera to work fully with these forums. The photo albums would never display the pictures & I had to view them through IE. The main pages were also displayed wrong.

Uninstalled it this week & installed Firefox & it works perfect. The only thing is it is a bit slower than Opera on load times.

I liked Opera very much but the issues never seemed to get sortedhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif