PDA

View Full Version : trouble loading torpedos

EASYPALLY
07-28-2007, 01:37 PM
heyo, just having a bit of an issue, hoping for some help.

it seems like i can't reload torpedoes sometimes during the game. the load time for the first fish locks at 1:55 or 1:16, and then nothing happens. I load up the crew in the bow torpedo compartment, complete with officers, but nothing happens. I stop in the middle of the ocean and sit there, nothing happens. I submerge and sit there, nothing happens. I go on patrol, nothing happens. I have 5 fish left over, so one in reserve and 4 "waiting in the queue", but days and days have passed, and they won't reload.

I have no damage on my ship. The realism settings are at the standard 29% beginner level, and auto load is checked off in my weapons info screen.

I've searched all around the net and haven't found this issue, what am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated, I love the game but it's p^%sin me off.

P.S. also, can I go into a friendly port and re-equip mid patrol? I've parked in a friendly port, and nothing has happened.

EASYPALLY
07-28-2007, 01:50 PM
ya know what? using this pretty darn good forum, I tracked down the solution. I was rigged for silent running, and apparently ya can't restock your tubes when you are.

thanks to who posted that answer elsewhere here in the forum, mucho appreciated.

been playing for a couple of weeks, nuthin more frustrating then liking a game but getting jammed up on a bug.

Minoos
07-28-2007, 02:10 PM
No problem, search tools is quite useful for our SH forums.
I wish our game manual could be more comprehensive!

but getting jammed up on a bug.

Silent running prevents torpedo tube reload and is not a bug.

Rood-Zwart
07-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Loading torpedoes is a pretty noisy business, and noise is what you want to avoid when the whole Royal Navy is looking for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif