PDA

View Full Version : Sustained climb of 262, way off??

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 02:21 AM
Can anyone get the Me-262A1 to reach 6,000 meters in 6.8 minutes?? That's what it's supposed to be able to do but I'm not able to get it that high in that amount of time.
I've tried climbing at various speeds and it always falls seriously short of the figures. Those specs are from this website in the aircraft section and also what it says in the object viewer in the game. If anyone can get it to climb that well, please safe a track and let me know about it. I think the 262 climb is a little porked in the game, both sustained and zoom. I'm a fairly good pilot so I should be able to do it. I will keep trying but I've already tried it 4 times. Remember to save a track or I will not necessarily believe you.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

Message Edited on 08/17/03 01:22AM by mortoma

Message Edited on 08/17/0301:22AM by mortoma

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 02:21 AM
Can anyone get the Me-262A1 to reach 6,000 meters in 6.8 minutes?? That's what it's supposed to be able to do but I'm not able to get it that high in that amount of time.
I've tried climbing at various speeds and it always falls seriously short of the figures. Those specs are from this website in the aircraft section and also what it says in the object viewer in the game. If anyone can get it to climb that well, please safe a track and let me know about it. I think the 262 climb is a little porked in the game, both sustained and zoom. I'm a fairly good pilot so I should be able to do it. I will keep trying but I've already tried it 4 times. Remember to save a track or I will not necessarily believe you.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

Message Edited on 08/17/03 01:22AM by mortoma

Message Edited on 08/17/0301:22AM by mortoma

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 03:11 AM
I feel your pain Mortoma, but I got incredible flak from people who thought 262 was over modelled in original. I think it was, except for its climb rate. This is what gave it its tremendous advantage. I just wish that it would not lose so much energy in a climb!! I could not even catch pe8s at 300kph once I passed them head on! Otherwise, I think what they did to the 262 is OK. I think Oleg changed it so people who play online won't have and advantage. I just wish planes would be modelled historically.

http://www.stormbirds.com/warbirds/header.jpg

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_henry_blake.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 03:23 AM
I am beginning to agree that it was whining by onliners that caused this whole thing, This is Oleg's attempt to appease some whining babies. Only problem is that it is a tremendous injustice to people who play almost exclusively
offline. We have to put up with unrealistic FMs because of politics.

Message Edited on 08/17/0302:23AM by mortoma

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 03:51 AM
mortoma wrote:
- Can anyone get the Me-262A1 to reach 6,000 meters in
- 6.8 minutes??

YES.

- That's what it's supposed to be able to do but
- I'm not able to get it that high in that
- amount of time.

Key word it "I".

- I've tried climbing at various speeds and it always
- falls seriously short of the figures.

Define seriously short... In that if you consider 7 minutes seriously short... Then lets just end this topic here right now in that you are never going to be happy.

- Those specs are from this website in the aircraft
- section and also what it says in the object viewer
- in the game.

And they are good.

- If anyone can get it to climb that well, please safe
- a track and let me know about it.

I safed it, and I think it looks cool and I think it was easy to do and I think I did the worst case by loading up 100% fuel. Now understand this, I did start timming it in flight at 100ft... SUE ME! Because if you think that 6.8 included the starting of the engines and the taxi.. Well than please send me the name of your dealer.. that is some wicked smoke you be sporting!

- I think the 262 climb is a little porked in the
- game, both sustained and zoom.

I think it is just fine.. but who cares about what I think or feel.. So let me say this, I can fly it and reach 6000 in 6.8 min +/- 10%

- I'm a fairly good pilot so I should be able
- to do it.

Fairly good.. and Should... Hmmmm.. sorry no sale.

- I will keep trying but I've already tried it
- 4 times.

WOW! Funny, I did it the first try..

- Remember to save a track or I will
- not necessarily believe you.

I give a rats a$$ if you do or dont.. but send me your address and Ill zip it up and send it to you.

TAGERT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If WAR was not the ANSWER.. Than what the H was your QUESTION?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=forum
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=discussion

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 04:42 AM
is this from a standstill on the runway to 6000m in 6.8 minutes? is it 25% fuel and no ammo? because starting in the air in QMB, 25% fuel, no ammo, i got down to 0m, and was able to reach 6000m in under 6 minutes? did i do it wrong?

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 05:13 AM
jj8325 wrote:

- did i do it wrong?

LOL!

TAGERT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If WAR was not the ANSWER.. Than what the H was your QUESTION?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=forum
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=discussion

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 05:24 AM
I now realize I may have been in error because I never stopped to think about full ammo load and full fuel. I reduced to 50% fuel and no ammo and got way better than the published figures. They probably arrived at those figures in the test pilot stage and most likely didn't have it loaded down with ammo. I was able to get it to 6,000m in 5:17, which means with full fuel and no ammo it would probably be spot on the published figures. I was very tired and did that test at 1:00 in the morning because my wife affords me little time for game play in the course of most normal days. My wife is sooooooo mean!! But I'm a happier camper now that I realized my mistake. Now I'd say all in all that this patch is really good. Now if Oleg would just eliminate that AI problem where the AI tries to take off the 262 with one engine flamed, and end up running along the ground for ten miles. That is not very realistic. But everyhing else suits me fine now. I simply won't test this stuff in the wee hours of the morning anymore when I'm bleary eyed and not thinking or flying well. I'd never fly a real plane like under those conditions!!! So what was I thinking??