PDA

View Full Version : Well, eventually got to buy SH3 yesterday.....

VinViper
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
... and Im very impressed with it so far. Very immersive. A bit of a time sync at times, but lots of fun.

Best moment so far was an emergency dive below an enemy ship. It crossed my bow as I dived and missed by feet!! I was watching the dive on the free cam, was a great moment.
Depth charges were fired, but I escaped, came back round and sunk him. Quality.

Found a few annoying bugs though. Also a few things could be enhanced, but overall a VERY good game. Well worth the cash.

VinViper
04-24-2005, 03:27 PM
... and Im very impressed with it so far. Very immersive. A bit of a time sync at times, but lots of fun.

Best moment so far was an emergency dive below an enemy ship. It crossed my bow as I dived and missed by feet!! I was watching the dive on the free cam, was a great moment.
Depth charges were fired, but I escaped, came back round and sunk him. Quality.

Found a few annoying bugs though. Also a few things could be enhanced, but overall a VERY good game. Well worth the cash.

Iphicles2005
04-24-2005, 06:19 PM
when you get the hang of the 1.2 version, try out the 1.21 mod. If your into realism, best mod out to date!

Realsim Mod 1.21 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=3581030013)

xscreamist1
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
I have a question about realism mod 1.21...the location the last post sends you too on subsims website doesn't show a realism mod 1.21 download...which download does this refer too ?

Pr0metheus 1962
04-24-2005, 07:22 PM
You can get it here: www.beerymod.com (http://www.beerymod.com)

But as Iphicles says, it's probably best to familiarise yourself with the sim before getting into the Real U-boat mod. It's definitely one step beyond what most simulations give the player in terms of historical accuracy and realism, and if you like a more casual approach, the Real U-boat mod may not be the best choice, as it cuts down tonnage scores quite radically compared to the standard game.

Hehe, I sound like I'm trying to put people off the mod. I'm not. It's just that I think some players might find it a bit more of a challenge than they might be used to.