PDA

View Full Version : Whirlwind Over Vietnam

BaldieJr
04-21-2007, 04:31 AM
I picked it up last night. I also bought Slaughterhouse 5 by Vonnegut so I haven't installed Whirlwind yet. Any players with thoughts?

Slaughterhouse Five, for whatever reason, makes me question the definition of sanity.

I could easily discuss the game and the book in this thread. I'm at work today http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

leitmotiv
04-21-2007, 04:39 AM
MOTHER NIGHT was his best, SCHLACHTHOF-FUNF will turn your brain into Campbell's Scotch Broth soup---"so it goes"---indeed! Post yer relections on the chopper sim.

Lodovik
04-21-2007, 05:58 AM
My regular game store didn't have WOV yet, maybe next week. I've been thinking of rereading Slaughterhouse Five for at least a year now, maybe I should go and pick up a copy. I did read Mother Night just awhile ago and still think it's Vonnegut's best. I've basically read it every other year since first having to read it back in high school.
I tried finding The Sirens of Titan last month, but the book store was out so I got Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness instead. Just started reading it the other night. Still only in the beginning, but it'll give me something to do while waiting for WOV. I'm considering DLing Theatre of War tonight, since I liked the demo. Maybe I should wait for the reviews, though. There's also a copy of The New York Times Book Review I haven't checked out yet.

leitmotiv
04-21-2007, 08:32 AM
HEART OF DARKNESS---excellent choice---"the horror"---I should be getting my copy of THEATRE today, I hope.

BaldieJr
04-21-2007, 06:14 PM
The game crashes on mission load. The menus are very nice looking.

leitmotiv
04-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Friggin hell.

FE_pilot
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
My game also quits on my first mission when i start a new campaign.

I hope they release a patch soon because i just spent $30 dollars for something that doesn't work.

leitmotiv
04-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Double friggin hell. Looks like I'll wait to see what you guys say.

MJDYKAS
04-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Anymore info on this sim? I was kind of looking forward to it just for a little change.