PDA

View Full Version : My review, i tried to be polite (spoiler)

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Its lost its lustre, ezio shouldve been done away with after AC2 and revelations should have been the end of the line.

Character development at the end of the story? really? Den defence? Virtually no story progression, whatsoever? I mean sure we got to watch an awsome cut scene with the end of a civlization,hell we even saw a baby die in the arms of its mother (sick much?) but it was hardly a revelation, we knew about all this already.

To top it off the MP system has been completely dismantled and thrown away, something that explains why so many game modes are hard to find games in,nobody is playing them.

In all the combat was excellent but the content was crammed in to a system, already filled to the brim.Missions were repetitive and the dna sequences, particularly the last 4 or 5, were incredibly short. Altair barely gets a good work out before youre transported back to constantinople in a brutal let down.Desmond memories are a joke, you're thrown into N64 Golden Eye type gameplay only instead of guns you carry building blocks, i still dont know what they were thinking with that one.

It appears that ubi, in an attempt to bring back the fanbase it lost, with the broken ACB title.Has alienated the fanbase it created with an excellent but flawed ACB mutliplayer.

The only real revelation is that Desmonds father, Bill is alive and has been holding Desmonds hand ever since he collapsed into a coma.To sum it up in 3 short words : They killed it.

E-Zekiel
11-20-2011, 03:01 AM
As I posted in your other thread,

"http://easymacandcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/cheese_oh_cheese.jpg "

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 03:07 AM
I agree, this game actually has less content than the game before it.

MrAnarchist
11-20-2011, 03:22 AM
In Ubisoft's defense brotherhood and revelations are really only supposed to be extensions of AC2, not full games.

mattduck69
11-20-2011, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by MrAnarchist:
In Ubisoft's defense brotherhood and revelations are really only supposed to be extensions of AC2, not full games.

TRUE DAT!

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 03:42 AM

I paid for a full game, so that's kind of I was expecting. doesn't explain the mission side stuff either. Not to be rude though.

iN3krO
11-20-2011, 03:55 AM

PC Prices:

Ac1: 50bunks -> Full Game
Ac2: 50bunks -> Full Game
AcB: 50bunks -> Expansion???
AcR: 50bunks -> Expansion???

What the **** are you saying dude?
I wish Ac3 has not multiplayer, since multiplayer is out the franchise has gone in a big let down -.-''

yly3
11-20-2011, 04:40 AM
I also agree. Revelations didn't have any revelation. It was just a wrap up, especially about TOWCB, since AC2 we haven't learned ANYTHING, we just met 2 new gods basically saying the same thing.

Yes. Revelations had an emotional and satisfying end, but nothing more, it wasn't an experience like AC1 and AC2 had.

Brotherhood could have easily be "squeezed" as the first 3-4 sequences of Revelations, and would have made Brotherhood-Revelatons a true sequel, an experience of its own.

I remember wasting WEEKS reading all the theories you awesome guys posted over here right after AC2, full pages. Basically, we, the forumers, did a better job than the Ubisoft team, at least story wise.

The only thing Revelations simply pwnd, was in music and FX. FINALLY, I could hear some wind climbing points of views just like in AC1. I adored the Animus Loading Menu FXs and little tweaks, it felt electronic and simulation again, just like in AC1.
Yes. Revelations was better than Brotherhood.

I wouldn't say that it was a disaster, but they could have made such a much better job. I refused to believe up until now that they are not milking it, but I have been proved different.

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by yly3:
I also agree. Revelations didn't have any revelation. It was just a wrap up, especially about TOWCB, since AC2 we haven't learned ANYTHING, we just met 2 new gods basically saying the same thing.

Yes. Revelations had an emotional and satisfying end, but nothing more, it wasn't an experience like AC1 and AC2 had.

Brotherhood could have easily be "squeezed" as the first 3-4 sequences of Revelations, and would have made Brotherhood-Revelatons a true sequel, an experience of its own.

I remember wasting WEEKS reading all the theories you awesome guys posted over here right after AC2, full pages. Basically, we, the forumers, did a better job than the Ubisoft team, at least story wise.

The only thing Revelations simply pwnd, was in music and FX. FINALLY, I could hear some wind climbing points of views just like in AC1. I adored the Animus Loading Menu FXs and little tweaks, it felt electronic and simulation again, just like in AC1.
Yes. Revelations was better than Brotherhood.

I wouldn't say that it was a disaster, but they could have made such a much better job. I refused to believe up until now that they are not milking it, but I have been proved different.

The thing that really bugged me was the synch nexus, nothing like how I hoped it would be. It turned from being character crossroad, into just pushing out, literally milking the memories till nothing is left...and then the nexus was there and it wasn't really that great.

eagleforlife1
11-20-2011, 05:07 AM
In the build up we were being told that the Grand Temple held a weapon capable of ending the war between the Assassins and the Templars. I was expecting to find something other than another Apple of Eden. I also don't see why in the teaser trailer for ACR in May they showed us an image of the Phaistos Disc because it made no appearance in ACR.

freddie_1897
11-20-2011, 05:34 AM
I guessed that William was desmonds father during brotherhood because I knew his dads name was bill from the first game and bill is short for William. William sent e mails to Shaun and Lucy during acb and during the credits it says
"put him back in the animus"
"but the animus did this to him"
"put him in"
"no"
"im not going to repeat myself, put him in"
"yes William"
So I know one of the voices was William but I don't know who the other one was.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Its lost its lustre, ezio shouldve been done away with after AC2 and revelations should have been the end of the line.

You lost me right there.

@ Acruination, you're entitled to your opinion, so do what most people do when they dislike a game series, just give it up & don't buy AC anymore to save yourself the disappointment.

Brotherhood is still my favorite of the series and this comes in a close 2nd imo.
It was ACBrotherhood that took me out of my FPS mode & got me more into other types of games.
I somehow lost interest in FPS for now and I'm having a great time in the AC series!
I can't wait for an AC3 in the future.

MXiMike
11-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Revelations and Brotherhood should have been one game. Revelations was definitely better than Brotherhood but I find myself liking Brotherhood more at the moment because it wasn't as disappointing. I was expecting so much more from everything in the game. Probably my biggest complaint is that, after every AC game before this one, I have been left mindf***d by the ending. This one didn't give any answers(like promised) but it also didn't raise any new questions like all the other games. Missing that epic feeling.

I'm a big fan of Altair and Desmond so their parts really disappointed me. Both of their sequences were way too short & the Desmond parts bored me to no end. WHY not SHOW us those things he was talking about!? Let us play him escaping from the farm as a 16 year old.. Also where the **** was Malik?! I could go on for another 10 more lines stating things that were missing. On the plus side though the story for Ezio was much improved over Brotherhood after a slow start. The combat is also much better.

I hope so much that they have been working on AC3 since AC2 was released. Sorry if I come off as a whiny **** but i'v been a fan of the series from the 1st game and I can't stand seeing the series going downhill.

yly3
11-20-2011, 06:14 AM
I was also asking myself what happened to Malik, why did Lucy got stabbed. Ok, let's just say she was between Desmond meeting Eve or whatever he would do. Problem is, we have absolutely NO reaction from Shaun and Rebbeca. I mean, duh, they were like togheter for the past 3 games and they have nothing to say ?

Subject 16 was my favourite character I think, but he diserved much more time. Ezio is overdone and Altair became somewhat obssesed with the Apple. I expected him to draw some wise and intelectual conclusion, not hearing the same line from the exact start (Al Mualim's speech) of AC1 and the very end of ACR.

I am beginning to no even look forward to AC III.
Please don't tell me to don't buy the game if I don't like it. I certainly won't but I think it's a pitty for the 4 year work Patrice & Jade (almost) wasted to start a new project like AC.

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
@yly3: you do get a few words on how Shaun and Rebecca feel towards Lucy. But you have to be wondering on the Animus Island in order to hear it. And apparently, they even said S16's name to if you're on the island at the right time...which you would never know when to be

Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its lost its lustre, ezio shouldve been done away with after AC2 and revelations should have been the end of the line.

You lost me right there.

@ Acruination, you're entitled to your opinion, so do what most people do when they dislike a game series, just give it up & don't buy AC anymore to save yourself the disappointment.

Brotherhood is still my favorite of the series and this comes in a close 2nd imo.
It was ACBrotherhood that took me out of my FPS mode & got me more into other types of games.
I somehow lost interest in FPS for now and I'm having a great time in the AC series!
I can't wait for an AC3 in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get why people always go to this argument. Instead of admitting, owning up to or at least fixing problems when people show them, people always go to that reason.Just stop playing it. So instead of fixing problems or addressing such things, you just want people to go away?

You take criticism and you improve it. When nearly every review comment on why they kept Ezio around and how many thought we would have AC3 by now, I think there's something going on there.

S-EVANS
11-20-2011, 12:42 PM
The storyline has just vanished and been replaced with bonus material...

i too have been left in a state of dissapointment i was dying to learn more of the storyline find a few answers to many questions and the title made me grasp onto the notion i was going to finaly recieve some answers.

and no answers have been discovered and im now left with the reality of completing a whole range of repetitive side missions instead.

cutscene's are now nothing more than verbal instructions...

eagleforlife1
11-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I loved the game and Ezio still had adventures to live so I am not bothered by the fact that he had three games. However, I was disappointed by certain things in the story. Firstly, the Sahkulu Rebellion took place in the Ottoman Empire in 1511 and ended when Sahkulu was killed. This played no part in the story and not only that but they killed Sahkulu off in 1512 as well as Ahmet (who irl died in 1513).

I hated the Desmond missions. Didn't understand the gap between Altair sequence 2 and 3. Hated the Den defence. And didn't understand why there were so few side missions. Other than that I absolutely loved the game and it is vying with AC2 for my favourite of the series. Would have liked to have seen more characters such as Barbarossa, Kemal Reis, Oruc Reis, etc.

Sarari
11-20-2011, 12:51 PM
You mentioned that Ubi lost its fanbase after ACB. You're right. And they should've have tried to add so much. They don't realize why their fanbase decreased. It wasn't because the lack of things added to the game, it's because a lot of other things dealed with the story.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by MXiMike:
Revelations and Brotherhood should have been one game.

Revelations was initially a DLC for Brotherhood.

Black_Widow9
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Please do not post Spoilers here. You can leave your feedback for the team in this Thread-
Assassin's Creed Revelations: Singleplayer Game feedback.[Do Not Post Spoilers!] (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3721023169)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>